Zab Judah vs Kaizer Mabuza, Final Predictions & R-B-R.

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Erik, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Erik

Erik Member

Mabuza vs Judah: No Deal, Purse Bid is Scheduled
    Posted by: Lem Satterfield on 12-28-2010.

With no deal in sight, the promoters for junior welterweights Zab Judah and Kaizer Mabuza are scheduled to be involved in a purse bid at the IBF headquarters in East Orange, N.J., on Thursday concerning the right to hold the organization's junior welterweight title between the two fighters.

Kathy Duva, CEO of Main Events, promotes the 33-year-old Judah (39-6, 26 KOs), and Branco Milenkovic, of South Africa, promotes the 30-year-old Mabuza (23-6-3, 14 KOs).

"The status is that right now, there is a purse bid scheduled for Thursday for that fight. Hopefully, the winner of that purse bid will put on the fight within 30 days," said IBF Championships Chairman, Lindsay Tucker.

"It is a 50-50 split of the earnings between the two fighters. Kaizer is ranked No. 1 by the IBF, and Judah is No. 2. Where the fight will be held is up to the winning bidder."

2. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Assuming Mabuza is half way decent, he should win. Judah has been done for awhile now.

3. Erik

Erik Member

Mabuza just upset Kendall Holt early 2010(Only time I saw him fight) and then did nothing rest of year. A Joshua Clottey type fighter that will press Zab. Should be a good fight.

4. Erik

Erik Member

Looks like Main events won the bid and it will be held at the Prudential center in NJ.

5. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Judah hired Pernell Whittaker for this fight. Will that make a difference?

I still think today's Judah is in a tough fight with anyone halfway decent. Judah will probably get off to a good start only to fade late. I'm leaning towards Mabuza in 11.

6. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

Mabuza doesn't impress me. I think Judah wins

7. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Judah is becoming to the Pru Center in North Jersey what Gatti was to Boardwalk Hall in south Jersey....the main boxing icon of New Jersey..lol..good business move on Zabs part....Ringo

8. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

Zab's always been a frontrunner. I don't think i've seen him gut out a victory ever. The first Spinks fight was as close as he's ever come to pulling a comeback win. I think he'll build up a big enough lead early on and win a razor thin close decision.

9. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

This is a easy one to pick. Judah will win.

If Judah does not win then Im wrong. So be it.

10. Boxingfanatics.com

Boxingfanatics.com Administrator Staff Member

The main event is only a few fights away.

11. Boxingfanatics.com

So far the televised card has featured no name fighters with a handful of bouts under their belts.

12. Boxingfanatics.com

Tomasz Adamek was interviewed. It was a bit difficult to fully understand his English, but it sounds like he said Wladimir is going to fight him in Poland.

13. Boxingfanatics.com

Co-Main Event is up next, Tarvis Simms (26-1-1, 11 KOs) vs. John Mackey (13-5-2, 6 KOs). Mackey is 4-5-2 in his last 11 fights.

14. Boxingfanatics.com

Simms has won the first two rounds. He's outworking Mackey in close quarters. This fight is only scheduled for 8 rounds.

15. Boxingfanatics.com

Simms continues his dominance through round four. Mackey put together some good punches in the round, but they didn't seem to have any real effect.

16. Boxingfanatics.com

Mike Tyson was spotted in the crowd.

Jameel McCline is ringside helping to call the action.

17. Boxingfanatics.com

Round 5

Simms cruising, really steps up the action towards the end of the round. He landed several head-snapping punches.

18. Boxingfanatics.com

Round 6

Good action round. Mackey fought on even terms for about half the round. He seemed to tire towards the latter half and Simms took advantage by bullying him up against the ropes.

19. Boxingfanatics.com

Tarvis Simms wins a unanimous decision.

20. Boxingfanatics.com