ZAB JUDAH VS JUAN JURANGO

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by lb 4 lb, Oct 9, 2009.

1. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Member

As you all know Judah has a tuneup on Nov 6 with his own Super Judah promotions. What you may not know is after that fight he's talking about going after Jurango's title.

First off it's nice to see Judah doing a little promoting for his own fights. I hope he has much success with it. As for his fight against Jurango I'll reserve judgement until after I see his tuneup.

What do you guys think about this potential matchup?

2. hmmm..zab has always had the skills, but i think zoo took something from him that night in vegas

hes a mental case, and thats why i cant back him against any fighter

he does well and then something snaps

3. TLC

TLC Member

At 140 he should be ok.

4. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Member

Depending on what he has left and how much he dedicates himself I completely agree with you. He had no business fighting at welter.

5. Joe King

Joe King Member

Why doesn't Zab retire already?

6. Rebel

Rebel Admin

At this pont, going down to 140 won't help either. Zab's going to get hammered at 140 and will finally run out of excuses.

7. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

The 140 Zab of old woulda probably outboxed slow ass Urango easily. But Zab is definitely declined, and he looked like shit in his last fight. Urango will probably stop him.

8. whiskey

whiskey ↔Öµ⌠╟⌠

I don't know about that. Yes it was @ 147 but Judah could barely handle Baldomir's pressue and he's even slower than Urango.

9. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Member

That's true. If Judah's power can't put the brakes on Jurango then Judah may as well be fighting another 147lb beast. Judah could beat Jurango if he comes in in top condition with his defensive reflexes ready to evade Jurango's wide shots. I'm not going to put too much into Judah's last fight, it's fairly obvious he can only get up for big fights. He looked extremely sharp and impressive in the Clottey fight, but was just up against a guy too big and too strong for him. Jurango could be a similar problem but if Judah can evade those big shots, deal with the pressure and out box him for 12 rds he'll win. Personally I don't think he can, Jurango represents Judah's main weaknesses. Guys who are too big & strong for him and who don't get discouraged by his power.

10. TLC

TLC Member

Judah isn't finished and will resurrect his career here.

11. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

Bumlomir had a higher skill level than Urango(which says ALOT about Urango's lack of skill) and a better chin.

12. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Member

Are we sure Baldomir's chin is better than Urango's? Where's the proof in that statement?

13. Rebel

Rebel Admin

He took PBF's shots? Oh wait, so did little JMM. :rotf:

14. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

He took Forrest's bests for 12 rounds and never flinched. A shot Bailey just damn near KO'd Urango. Bumlomir's chin is better. Having said that, Urango is a bigger puncher than Bumlomir.

15. Rebel

Rebel Admin

That wasn't exactly a prime version of Forrest. Wasn't that one of Forrest's comeback fights after having surgery on his shoulder?

16. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

Actually Forrest looked sharp as hell against Baldomir. He beat him far more impressively than Floyd did. Forrest if nothing else always had right hand power. Bumlomir ate all his best shots and was never hurt.

17. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

X is right. Vernon was sharp against Baldomir and landed a ridiculous amount of big shots.

18. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Member

Here's the thing though. Other than a damn near flukesional first fight with Shane Mosley, Vernon has never shown himself to be a big puncher. If anything I think Forrest has pretty ordinary power. Jurango standing up to everything a devastating puncher like Bailey hit him with except for one perfect punch that looked like it would have killed anyone else shouldn't automatically make his chin weaker than Baldomir's.

The difference in Forrest's and Bailey's punching power is pretty wide.

19. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Spot on.

I never considered Forrest a puncher. He just caught Mosley with some good shots in their first fight.

You're also right about Bailey. That guy can crack. His biggest problem is that he just has a huge right hand and relies on it too much. There were stretches in the Urango fight where that was basically the only punch he threw.

20. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

Best believe Forrest cracks harder than Bailey.