Yuri Foreman history in the making!!!!

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Mexican Eagle, May 26, 2010.

1. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

I just read this article and it says he's the first Jewish champ and there hasn't been an orthodox jew to win a title in 75 years? I guess boxing is not a big sport among jews? well it's poor mans sport maybe that's why :wink7:

Does Yuri have a shot at beating Cotto, he's only got 8 ko's so obviously he can box.

Undefeated WBA super welterweight champion and future rabbi Yuri Foreman (28-0, 8 KOs), trainer Joe Grier, Hall of Fame promoter and Brooklyn native Bob Arum and manager/New York restaurateur Murray Wilson were all onhand today for a media workout at the famous Gleason’s Gym in Brooklyn. Foreman, Israel’s first world champion boxer and the first orthodox Jew to win a world title in nearly 75 years, is in training for his first title defense, against three-time world champion Miguel Cotto (34-2, 27 KOs) at Yankee Stadium on June 5

2. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

I give this kid credit, his first title defense and he's facing Cotto, the kids has courage, than again Arum could just be feeding him to the lions like back in the Roman days.....lol

3. cotto will knock him out..he'll think he's in Israel...

kid has no power, has fought 'no one'...

only thing that bothers me about cotto is him going up in wt

nice story (doing the talk circuits, etc) nice kid, but i dont think it will end well for mr yuri...

4. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

I know Ringo will disagree with me but I think Cotto will have some trouble with Foreman's movement and size advantage. I'm envisioning a scenario like Sturm-DLH. I think it'll be a close tough fight but I'll pick Cotto to gut out a close decision maybe on the strength of an early KD.

5. Rebel

Rebel Admin

He's fought no one? WTF? The great Daniel Santos is a no one?

Hitman, take care of him!!! :whip:

6. Arben

Arben Member

I think Yuri wins. His (often annoyingly constant) side to side movement will give Cotto too much trouble. Plus, Cotto's power wasn't huge at 147, and it will be less of a factor at 154.

Who will be there? I got my confirmation last week. I can't wait.

7. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

Cotto is the more accomplished fighter. Cotto also has Manny Steward in his corner. So im picking Cotto.

8. Mark G

Mark G Member

I got mine in high school. I didn't know you were catholic.

[​IMG]

9. Mark G

Mark G Member

Cotto is a much better fighter. Unless the plaster or paris or Pacman's beatdown dramatically starts showing its effect, he beats the no-power wannabe Whitaker.

10. HOMICIDE

HOMICIDE 2011 Super Bowl Champs

I see Cotto losing this one, Cotto has been missing something from his game for a few years now and it started witht the loss to Marga-cheato. He just doesn't seem to have the fire, the will that he once had, he seems to lack confidence and Yuri will be doing his hop, skip, jump thing around the ring to the point were I can see Cotto just calling it a night after 5 to 6 rounds and hitting the auto-pilot. I hope to be wrong because he is one of the peeps but I don't see anything good coming out of this fight for him...

11. Attraction

Attraction Member

Foreman wins this easy. Too much movement for Cotto. Too big for Cotto (the size advantage will be substantial). Plus he can punch when he wants... he dropped Santos on the backfoot. He will outbox Cotto and win clearly on points.

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

hey mistajay, leave the jewish jokes to people who are good at it.

13. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

Oh yeah I forgot you're just like George Lopez, only more broke and not so funny. Eres iguialito....What's your best joke? is she into anal?GOD you're a fucking moron. I remember when Keiko put up the picture of her friend on that giant chrome thing and you were trying to be funny and asked if her friend was into anal and she didn't even respond to your stupid comment. Then you felt stupid and asked again begging for attention. You thought it was funny only you sounded like a creepy perverted old man wich is what you are.

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I was joking?

15. Rebel

Rebel Admin

:haha::24:

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I laughed at his post, too, actually. Good stuff.

17. Rebel

Rebel Admin

He owned you bro. Don't cry...:rotf:

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Internet ownage....fuck, i'm gonna commit suicide.

i used to worry about shit like that 7 years ago.

19. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I don't blame you.

You're like a prisoner that's been gang banged thousands of times and has become immune to it. It's now like throwing a weiner down a hallway and you don't mind because it actually gives your cuchifly a nice tingle. :thumb:

20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Did you just own me?

YAY YOU!