Your Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by TyrantT316, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Sorry but you can't just make shitty generalizations like that and expect me to respond. I don't hype to many Asians except Pong,Sahaprom,Pacquiao,Mayol and Kyowa. Pong I don't care about anyone, Sahaprom is past it and Kyowa is still a badass who had 1 of the best fights of the year. Pacquiao is an excellent fighter and Mayol we will see what happens to him. Sorry but none of the guys I like or talk about fit those generalizations. Often times I talk about great championship fights that happen over there, but don't confuse that with me saying the fighters are great or some shit. Like Parra-Sakata I, great fight between 2 top 10 guys at 112 (top 3 in Parra's case), in a great fight that deserved recognition. That's not me hyping the fighters, it's hyping a great fight that many people never saw.

[ October 24, 2006, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Valdosta ]

2. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Most small dudes fizzle after 20 fights? Not most of the Mexican and South American little guys.. [​IMG]

3. Valdosta

That was age, not fights.

4. Remus

Remus Member

agreed. think of how great floyd COULD be if he really wanted it to be so.

5. Rebel

Rebel Admin

You don't know if some of those guys are going to fit the stereotype but history is definitely on my side. Do you think Kyowa is going to have a 50+ fight dominant career like Ricardo Lopez or something? I say he retires within 5-6 fights. Mayol, he'll probably have 5 more fights and be shot as well. [​IMG]

6. Valdosta

Bad example.

7. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I'll find you several examples of guys who retired in their 20s after a loss or two. LOL

8. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Why? [​IMG]

9. Valdosta

Actually I do know that Pacquiao,Sahaprom and Pong don't fit your stereotype because they already have more fights than that. Kyowa I imagine will end up with around 30 fights unless he hurts himself again, he could end up with less. Mayol is a young guy, he will end up with plenty of fights.

10. Valdosta

and I can find several examples of guys who didn't. SO what [​IMG]

11. Valdosta

Because Floyd is an all time great. Champion in 4 weight classes and undeafeated. Greater than any current Asian or Mexican.

12. Rebel

Rebel Admin

That remains to be seen. He's been a pussy since leaving 135.

13. R_jay

R_jay Member

Have you ever seen a Muay Thai fight :confused: That shit is wayyyyy more brutal than boxing. I have no idea how Sahaprom managed to have 50 fighters after being a Muay Thai stadium champ, that shit messes up your body.

14. sanchito

sanchito BF Resident Douchebag

hahaha...hook, line, and sinker!

I knew you'd fall for that one...lol

15. Valdosta

No, he is fighting the man at 147 [​IMG]

16. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Get real. I rank about 4-5 guys ahead of Baldomir and you do too when you aren't being stupid. [​IMG]

17. Valdosta

So he's not fighting the real champion at 147? Actually I would rank the top 5 at 147 like this

Champion: Carlos Baldomir

1. Floyd Mayweather
    2. Antonio Margarito
    3. Zab Judah
    4. Carlos Quintana
    5. Paul Williams

18. EBIHARA63

EBIHARA63 Member

Name the five :D

19. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Baldomir was just at the right place at the right time. Shit, Pi?eda beat Judah as convincingly IMO. With the exception of Judah, I'd rank most of those guys ahead of him. Throw in Collazo too. Maybe even Clottey. [​IMG]

20. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Who would I pick to defeat the 35 year old with 9 losses?

Clottey
    Margarito
    Quintana
    Cotto
    Mayweather
    Hatton
    Collazo