your favourite fighters-best performance

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by EBIHARA63, Dec 9, 2008.

1. EBIHARA63

EBIHARA63 Member

1.Pea Whitaker-not many will agree with me on this one but I thought it was his victory over Azumah Nelson.Azumah gave it everything ,but was just simply outboxed.Little Azumah looked like Wyliee Coyote trying to catch Road Runner,the more he tried the worse it got.
    2.JC Chavez,the night he utterly smashed Rosario- Chapo took a frightful hiding that night-should have got the medal of honour.Those body shots were down right barbaric.

2. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Ricardo Lopez: His second fight with Alvarez, gutsy performance, outweighed and to a certain extent outmanned but showed that anything you can do I can do better even if it is just barely.

Harold Brazier: His fight fight with Robin Blake who the networks just loved, Blake this, Blake that and Brazier just came out and took him to school.

Marvin Hagler: John The Beast Mugabi had hit Hagler after the bell for about 3-4 rounds on the trot, when Mugabi did it the last time Hagler told him that was the last fucking time(you could read his lips) then came out in the next round and koed him.

3. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

Tyson - The Tyrell Biggs fight. Most ppl say Mike's best performance was the Spinks fight, but I disagree. I feel against Biggs he gave his overall best performance, and systematically destroyed Biggs.

RJ- Probably gotta be the Toney fight. One of the all time great virtuoso performances between two top fighters.

Ali - The Cleveland Williams fight. Quite simply... Ali at his very peak!

Pryor: The Arguello rematch. Aaron put to the rest all the doubts about the first fight. He destroyed Alexis in the rematch, and it wasnt even competitive.

Benitez - The Duran fight. One of the best boxing displays ever put on. He took Duran to school big time. Just a beautiful display of boxing from El Radar in this fight.

Whitaker - The Pineda fight. Some might disagree with this as well, but I feel this was Pea's best. He took Pineda, who was a dangerous puncher, apart in style for 12 rounds.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  4. Valentino

Valentino Member

Note: Toney was a FAT FUCK for the RJ fight.

5. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

Like I said... when do you NOT mention Roy?

6. EBIHARA63

EBIHARA63 Member

Yeah Whitaker/Pineda-Pineda must have been close to quitting in frustration :nod:.Then again when you look at his career(Pea's) most of his opponents were frustrated and simply shutout.

7. TIP

TIP Member

Duran against Barkley was a great performance. Iran was a bad dude and had great advantages in height, reach and age.

8. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Pacquaio/Marquez 1: How anyone could survive that first round and come back to win most of the remaining rounds still seems so unreal looking back. This is the fight where Marquez demonstrated to his critics that he was always the real deal. He just needed the opportunity to prove it.

Not only was this a great performance but one of the gutsiest I've ever had the chance to witness at the world class level.

9. TIP

TIP Member

Marquez greatly impressed me in that fight. He and the rest of us were lucky it wasn't stopped in that 1st round. Another one was Archie Moore against Durelle in which Moore was knocked down 3 times in the first round and badly hurt.

10. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Got knocked down again in the fourth I believe.

11. Valentino

Valentino Member

RJJ best performance was against the Dominican dude (forgot his name...Sosa?)

12. Valentino

Valentino Member

Marquez was very lucky he did not have another Ref. He would have been a "TKO" lost if the Ref would have been a happy trigger type.

13. Valentino

Valentino Member

Duran-Leonard I (I was actually a Leonard fan back then, but time gave me a huge appreciation of Duran): Duran hurt Leonard with a damn jab and forced him to fight in the inside.

Leonard-Hearns I: No need to explain.

Gomez-Pintor: No need to explain.

Chavez-Taylor: No need to explain.

Morales-Pac I: Brought pride to an entire nation.

Pac-ODL: Brought pride to an entire race.

Arguello-Olivares/Escalera/boza edwards/navarrete/chacon/limon/mancini: Sickening!!!

Trinidad-Vargas: Two warriors

14. Valentino

Valentino Member

[youtube]SJd2j4LKMU8[/youtube]

15. Valentino

Valentino Member

Loved those 13, 14, 15 championship rounds.

16. Valentino

Valentino Member

The BEAST Duran

[youtube]ohS570Pz6nc[/youtube]

17. Valentino

Valentino Member

That mother fucker could jump some rope too...

18. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

Merqui Sosa. Thats in RJJ's 5 best performances, but not numer 1 IMO. Sosa was a good fighter though, and very durble. Jones absoloutely destroyed him.

19. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

Chavez's best performance was against Rosario.

20. EBIHARA63

EBIHARA63 Member

If you can't get it shape for the biggest fight of your life your a dork.