You Can Give The Man A Million Drug Tests And It Still Won't Clear His Name.

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Really?

Does Mayweather's cock really mean that much to you?

:24: :24: :24:

2. Rebel

Rebel Admin

You hit the nail on the head. If he thinks Roger Huerta is a handsome devil, PBF probably looks like this through his eyes...

[​IMG]

3. sanchito

sanchito BF Resident Douchebag

I've said it in other threads and I'll say it in this one again.

Mayweather is bad for boxing and puts the sport in a bad light. This past 2 weeks I have heard talk shows talk about boxing and talk about the integrity of boxing and everyone laughs at the notion (integrity in boxing) and they use this Mayweather fiasco as an example.

Prior to the negotiations all these guys were talking about Pac's legacy, what a legend he was, how boxing was exciting again, etc; now this.

Casual fans were excited about boxing again, now everyone is back to their cynical view of boxing again and not as excited.

Thanks Floyd. Best thing that happened to boxing in the past 5 years was Floyd's retirement, the worst? His un-retirement.

4. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut Member

Hard to disagree with that as a bottom line to this whole fiasco....

5. phonetap

phonetap Member

silly argument. just over 2 years ago pac was fighting tough and sometimes controversial decisions against featherweights and now he's walking down, knocking out and dismantling welterweights. in this current atmosphere of performance enhancing drugs it's legitimate to question. not saying pac is guilty of anything but only blind loyalty or an outright idiot would automatically dismiss the possibility.

6. Rebel

Rebel Admin

The same can be said about PBF groupies who think it's ok for PBF to make such unprecedented demands despite the fact that Pac has never been caught cheating. Their proof revolves around The Word of a crackhead.

7. sanchito

The featherweights he was facing were WAY more skilled than the welterweights he was facing. They were much tougher nuts to crack than the plodders he has faced in the welterweight division.

8. sanchito

Anyway, I wasn't discussing achievements, I was discussing the publics perception of boxing and how Mayweather is unequivocally a negative for boxing.

9. phonetap

phonetap Member

phonetap suspects floyd really believes pac is on something, therefore pac not being found guilty is irrelevant. in a court of law it's innocent until proven guilty however in the court of life you are old enough to know that isn't true. think of all the athletes that have been accused (and accepted as public fact) of performance enhancing drugs before they were ever officially caught.

10. phonetap

phonetap Member

uh, ok...:headscratch:

11. Ludovico

Ludovico Member

Right, like having Larios come up to 130 from 122 and not being able to KO him. That was such a tough nut to crack compared to simply walking down Cotto.

12. sanchito

Whom do you think is a tougher fight regarding skill set Marquez or Cotto?

13. sanchito

He couldn't knockout Marquez or Barrera either. Know why? They are more elusive than Cotto ever was or will be.

14. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Who gives a fuck what PBF thinks?

A lot of boxing fans think he's a homosexual and a coward. I don't see him proving he's neither.

15. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Fighters have off nights sometimes.

16. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

He stopped MAB in similiar fashion in the first fight as he did to Cotto. Why didn't he stop MAB the 2nd time? In all honesty he didn't look very interested in the rematch.

17. sanchito

Right...he buzzsawed through fighters before the recent accusations of PED use. This is nothing new for him. people saying it's coming out of left field is a bogus claim.

18. Rebel

Rebel Admin

His recent blowouts also have a lot to do with great matchmaking as PBF has previously stated.

DLH was weight drained and past prime.

Hatton has looked shaky since the TKO loss to PBF.

Cotto hasn't looked the same since Margacheato tore him a new one.

It's not like he's destroyed fighters that were previously indestructible.

19. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Regardless, all of the above are much bigger than him and he made them look like bums. I understand why they think he's cheating. The truth is, it really don't matter what they think they don't run boxing.

20. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Correct. Here's another thing, not to many people picked him to beat De La Hoya, he did, a hell of a lot of people picked him to defeat Hatton and he did, a little less than that picked him to beat Cotto and he did. The classic comeback line to that is "yeah but look at the way he beat them", well I don't see anybody chasing after Michael Nunn for leaving Kalambay twitching on the canvas in just over a minute or Pernell Whitaker for stretching whose name escapes me in 1 round I mean after all that was so unlike anything they had ever done before. I've been asked a hundred times in these threads "you aren't suspicious, you don't question, you don't think he's...". No I don't, I picked him to beat all three, why should I question something I saw coming in the first place, not only why should I but how can I.