Wlad Klitschko vs Povetkin

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Attraction, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Attraction

Attraction Member

I have not seen Povetkin fight.

Just wondering how people rate his chances against Wlad?

2. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

ZERO chances.

Wlad by KO.

3. witton_lane

witton_lane Boxing Fanatics All-Time Great

Does anyone give a fuck? The heavyweight division stinks.

Lewis did an interview with a magazine over here this week saying he has no doubt he could come back and bust all the heavies up again if he wanted to.....I believe him.

4. witton_lane

Oh but the good news is Amir Khan is making a comeback in December, HURRAH!!!!

I anticipate he'll be making his next comeback sometime around June.

5. Eric0816

Eric0816 Lolo Jones fan

It will be entertaining as long as it lasts.

Wlad by brutal KO.

6. Carlos

Carlos ---

The fight is of, Povetkin injured - Wlad is fighting Rahman.

7. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Khan hired Freddie Roach as his new trainer even though Roach won't be in his corner because of Pacquiao-De La Hoya. Somebody thought that one out well.

8. witton_lane

Oh shit they could market that as "The Battle of China"

Could end in a double KO :eeeeeky:

9. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Rahman has as much chance of knocking out Wlad as me marrying Penelope Cruz.

:lol:

10. witton_lane

Last act of a desperate man....."it wasn't my chin, it was the trainers fault" :lol:

I was amazed that a credible guy like Roach would be associated with such a piece of shit to be honest. The saddest thing about all of this is Khan is already rich, he's made a fortune out of boxing despite being useless.

11. witton_lane

I haven't seen Rahman since he fought Ruiz to be honest, presumably he's slipped? If the Rahman that fought Lewis in SA somehow shows up I'd say Wlad is in for a fight, but I suspect that version of Rahman died years ago. The double KO thing was just a joke....

12. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Oleg Maskaev knocked him the fuck out twice...and he barely hung on to a pathetic draw with a fat and old James Toney (who has no business fighting as a heavy).

13. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

Wlad vs. Rahman is not a fight at all. Presumably HBO will televise it as a true heavy championship match up and in the end a great hard fought victory by Wlad Klitschko.
    All I can say is Lampley will be in true form on that night.

14. Attraction

Attraction Member

Got to agree that it's probably going to be one sided. But Rahman knows Wlad has a glass chin and if he taps it he might strike gold. I mean, brewster and peter are some of the people who have put wlad down. rahman is probably below their levels but not by much if anything. After watching Wlad against Ibraghimov, I could never bet on him to beat someone like Rahman. He's too tentative and safety first. Has a great arsenal but too tentative with it IMO. We'll see a lot of jabbing by Wlad and some right hands from time to time. he'll probably stop rahman in the mid to late rounds but i wouldnt count on it

15. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

He seems to get more and more tentative and safety first from fight to fight. Effective but somewhat tedious.

16. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Can we say the same of Ricky Hatton who has hired Mayweather Sr.? If you need some extra money I've heard the Hatton camp is looking for a translator.

17. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Wlad by KO in one round...

[​IMG]

:mex: