Wlad Klitschko vs. David Haye: Preview and Poll! Vote and Comment

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Jack1000, Jun 24, 2011.

?

Wlad Klitschko vs. David Haye: Who Wins?

1. Klitschko by Close Decision

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Klitschko by Wide Decision

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. Klitschko by KO/TKO

17 vote(s)
    73.9%
  4. Haye by Close Decision

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Haye by Wide Decision

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Haye by KO/TKO

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  7. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. DQ (Indicate Loser In Response)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

My Pick is Wlad by Wide UD,

Either could do a "Sanders" on the other, LOL! Especially early.

Both have vulnerable chins and if they come out with something to prove, this could be, who lands first. I honestly think that if either lands flush and scores a hard KO, the scorer of that KD WILL NOT let the victim off the hook. Especially so with Wlad. He seems more pissed and energized for this fight than any I remember for a long time. This could be over in 90 seconds, it could go the full 12 rounds. This is that kind of fight.

If it is a war, it could be like Lewis-Vitali. I think if it is a boxing match, that goes into Wlad's territory where he has the jab, height, size and reach. This is what I think. Haye has the advantage early when David can go like Hagler ageist Hears on him. Wlad won't like that, and could get Sanders'ed again. At the same time, Haye could leave himself open and get himself KO'd.

But Haye can't brawl for long periods of time. His stamina won't allow that. That's why I keep coming back to that four round window for David to do something huge. If Haye hit's Wlad with his Sunday best punch Haymaker, and Wlad does NOT get "Sanders'ed," I think David will become discouraged very easily. Wlad might get discouraged if his brawl plan doesn't work. But Wlad does have a plan B to go back to boxing. I don't know what David's strategy will be, but something tells me that Haye won't have a plan B.

Jack

PS. Best refs for the fight: Steve Smoger, Kenny Bayless, Tony Weeks, Pat Russell, or Stan Christodoulu. Either would be good for this fight. Anyone but Joe Cortez!

2. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Geno Rodriguez of Chicago is listed by Box Rec as ref. Not my first choice. Sometimes he's a little too quick on stoppage fights. However, he also worked Wlad's fight with Sanders and look what happened there! LOL! Geno's not exactly Richard Steele for quick stoppages. But he might jump in a little faster than some would like. He's certainly no Steve Smoger for letting fights go on longer than they should.

Jack

3. davemurphy

davemurphy Member

I'm not a big fan of Geno Rodriguez, anytime we have a decent fight of any magnitude here in Illinois, I much prefer Tim Adams gets the nod.

4. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

Haye by desurction.

Can't wait for this fight.

5. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Me neither DM,

He's not the worst by any means, but there's like 20 refs that I would put ahead of him, especially for this fight. My gut feeling is maybe picking the same ref that Wlad had for the Sanders fight COULD be a psychological ploy by Haye's team!

Jack

6. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Wlad looks clearly outraged by the t shirt with the decapitated heads. I am not a Kitscho fan and have snoozed through many of their fights here, but Haye got on my nerves in that pre fight show. Ringo

Wlad by tko/ko

7. HOMICIDE

HOMICIDE 2011 Super Bowl Champs

I think Klit knocks the guy into another world come Saturday, this can get ugly, I have never seen Klit as angry as him and the fact that he is intelligent as hell and will not let that anger over come him has me a little bit scared for Haye, I think it can be very ugly and if Haye does pull it off it would be a HUGE upset in my eyes...Klit...KO...4th

8. F that. Smoger is old school and one of the best refs around. There are way too many hair trigger stoppages these days. Smoger not only doesn't stop fights too quickly he is adept at getting the fighters to work their way out of clinches. He does what a ref should do and that's stay out of the way of the fight. FAR too many refs are constantly stepping in, constantly making comments, stopping the action for this and that. Give me 100 Smogers and this game would be better.

9. Joe King

Joe King Member

Haye seems to be in Wladimir's head big time. I really hope for a war. The division needs it. I'd root for Haye to win if he planned on fighting for a while longer but he already said he's on the way out.

10. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

I should actually correct the above to say that I think Smoger is a great ref and let's fights go on a little longer than many refs of the present day. The only fight that he might have been late on was Roy Jones' last comeback KO loss. However, with the exception of that, I totally agree, I think he is one of the best refs out there, without question.

Jack

11. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Homicide,

So you think that this anger of Wlad's is NOT just hype for the fight, and Wlad is going to be looking to rip Haye's head off? If Haye is just as pissed, this could be Hagler-Hearns, with suspect chins. Geno Rodriguez better not stop this thing too early. Early knockdowns are a very strong possibility here if this does become a war. Haye is the type that I suspect will be LOADED with excuses, bullshit ones or legit, should he lose. I might suspect Wlad to be more gracious in defeat than Haye. The mind-games here could be huge under the premises of who will break down first, and with suspect chins for both, anything could happen.

Jack

12. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Nobody keeps an attitude when defeated...they always get humbled...and just shut the fuck up.

Watch when Haye gets destroyed...he's going to be all apologetic and shit...trying to shake Wlad's hands...you just watch...lol.

And who cares if he makes excuses...seriously...lol.

13. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I'm looking forwad to this fight. On a sidenote it goes back to a time when the 4th of July weekend was big in the Heavyweight Boxing world. Marvin Hart defended his heavvywight title against Jack Root on 3rd July 1905, Tommy Burns koed Bill Squires in one round on July 4th 1907, The fight Of The Century betwen Jack Johnson and Jim Jeffries on July 4th 1910. Johnson defended against Fireman Jim Flynn July 4th 1912. Jack Dempsey defeated Jess Willard July 4th 1919 and defended against Georges Carpentier in The Million Dollar Gate fight July 2nd 1921 and against Tommy Gibbons July 4th 1923. The prarctice died out with the advent of radio broadcasts of fights Max Schmeling was the last heavyweight champion to defend his title on the holiday weekend when he koed Young Stribling on July 3rd 1931.

So for the fun of it out of the 8 heavyweight title fights on the 4th of July weekend the champion defended his title 7 times, the only exception wa the much smaller Dempsey kayoing the 6'6" Jess Willard. Six of the fights ended in knockouts, Dempsey-Gibbons went the distance and Johnson won over Flynn by DQ.

14. Cool. I do agree on the Roy Jones fight but honestly it was hard to say. Looking at the replay Roy looked pretty much out on his feet, Smoger might have thought he was faking being hurt or something, hard to say.

15. Be interesting to see for sure. Wlad can and has been blitzed in the past. I dunno if Haye is the one to do it, but it can be done.

16. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Klitschko-Haye is the best we can do, with perhaps a shot of lightning chance that Haye could win and fight Vitali for the Undisputed Title. This fight has the potential for excitement, especially early with the suspect chins of both fighters.

If we are going to see a war, it is likely to be explosive and short, with the kind of fight, because of the chins, could be over when that first vicious shot lands. The recovery rate from danger is not exactly stellar for either Wlad or David, but at least it's a little better for Wlad other than the Sanders disaster. Haye has been stopped before and a big problem for David is his lack of heavyweight experience and swallowing heavyweight punches.

So much will be said based on the reaction of who gets hit first in this fight. That cannot be emphasized enough. I still believe that Haye has to blitz to win, and he's got a four round opportunity to make something happen. If Haye floors Wlad with a big shot early, I could see it over early. If Wlad floors Haye with a big shot early, again an early KO/TKO.

But what happens if Haye lands his Sunday Haymaker and Wlad goes absolutely nowhere? I think that is going to discourage him. This is a 50/50 blitz within the first four rounds for either guy to win, just as much due to other having a suspect chin, maybe even more than skill. But if the Hay lands and Wlad comes back and hurts David. which I believe WILL happen if the fight goes longer than 4 rounds. it will be a beat-down and could become a methodical affair. David is very unlikely to look good in the later rounds. He can't fuck this up and do a sparring session like he did against Valuev. He's gonna catch so much shit if he does that!

The longer this goes the worse for David it becomes. With even money early I would say.

Jack

17. Joe King

Joe King Member

If Haye wins, Vitaly/Haye would be a HUGE fight. If Wlad wins, there is nothing left for the division.

18. HOMICIDE

HOMICIDE 2011 Super Bowl Champs

Brother Joe you saying the destiny of HEAVYWEIGHT boxing lies with David Haye of all people!!! There is still Adamek?

19. Joe King

Joe King Member

Adamek has no chance against Wlad or Vitaly and the brothers won't fight one another so there is really nothing left. Haye vs Adamek would be fun but that's only one or two bouts.

20. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

I think Wlad destroys Haye. KO9, Haye wins one early round and that's it.

I hope I am wrong tho. I am rooting for Haye big time