Wlad - Chambers... (Results Expected Between 4-5 PM) (CST)

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Ron Champ Miller, Mar 17, 2010.

1. witton_lane

witton_lane Boxing Fanatics All-Time Great

Wash your mouth out with soap and water....Ezzard was a great. I know this because Bert Sugar said so, so there.

2. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

If only he fought that often.

3. witton_lane

witton_lane Boxing Fanatics All-Time Great

G-d bless you too Ringo....you're a real man like myself and like real, stand up fighters, and that bum is a pathetic paper champ, absolutely awful fight tonight.

True this.....I watched the fight with a friend who hasn't watched HW boxing since the Tyson/Holy/Lewis days and he was bored fucking shitless, said he couldn't believe how far the sport has fallen if that was the best it has to offer. Sad indicment but it's true, just a big timid guy beating up on a small even more timid guy, absolutely fucking pathetic and the krauts should be ashamed of themselves for putting on such a bullshit spectacle. They won't be though.....they'll say he's the best ever, that's their nature.

RIP Heavyweight division, it was nice knowing you.

4. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I'l go back and revisit that but I'm pretty sure that was wrtitten when Charles was going up against Jersey Joe Walcott for the third time in what was Walcott's fifth try at the title. I believe Smith was more tired of Walcott than Charles but again the Champion wears the belt and bears the brunt of criticism even when it is directed at the division as a whole.

5. you do wonder though..if wlad hadnt gotten destroyed by sanders, if he would have kept his style
    since then, its been all lennox lewis(as far as the safety first style, with help from manny)...

he is protecting his chandelier chin!

the 'old' wlad was pretty entertaining!

6. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Great ending KO to a sack of shit fight for the first 2:50 of 11 rounds. Take that for whatever it's worth.

I will still take either Klitschko over Haye. But I think David would at least test them. Would he do it with his fists and not just his mouth leading up to the fight?

Jack

7. Flex "Diesel" Dusty

Flex "Diesel" Dusty Natural Born Kingpin

The HW is a weak divison. We have no new amatuer talent coming up as well. We are in a sad state!

8. Mark G

Mark G Member

True. Who would have guessed that Lennox Lewis would be champion again in 2010.

9. Eric0816

Eric0816 Lolo Jones fan

I would say the US heavyweigt scene is weak and has no talent coming up. The same cant be said for the former soviet union countries.

10. us heavyweight scene is non existent, imo

its a shame

11. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I was reading the last issue of Boxing Digest and there is an article about George Foreman and his son, George III and in it they talk about the plight of the American Heavyweight.. Big George says the rasdon being is that"Trainers stopped developing havyweights, they just work with established fighters,even Emanuel Steward, who is a fine trainer. Maybe it's the money. But if the trainers go back to the gym and start developing the talent, w'll have better fighters".

Looking at the big picture it speaks volumes that an, at the time 5-0 heavyweight even if he is Foremans son deserving of a 5 page spread in a natonal fight magazine. Big George trains him, Big George manages him but Big George doesn't work the corner. George III doesn't have any amateur experience but Big George figures he'll be ready in 2 years. To his credit few know or even remember that Big George was manager of the year in 1994. Thats the gist of the article the rest of it is just filler outside of the little tidbit that George III had/has a relationship with Amy Winehouse, but it shows that we are indeed scraping the bottom of proverbial barrell in terms of trying to find a face for the American Heavyweight, The search for "the" American heavyweight is beginning to resemble the old search for the Great White Hope when Jack Johnson was world's heavyweight champion. Somebody needs to tell 'em they never did find the Great White Hope.