williams Vs Margarito

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by amth, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

The DLH fight probably won't happen and you know it. If Hoya wanted that fight then it would be set for September. Hoya knows he's past prime and may just call it a day. PBF is full of fucking excuses and you're full of PBF's love juice. [​IMG]

2. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Those dudes are past prime. Marg would own them.

3. blackrican23

blackrican23 Resident B-Boy

I dont think any one comes into try to out box PBF.

they all would have to use the same plan.

just some aren't as slow and wide and have a better shot of getting it done

4. blackrican23

man fuck PBF. I ride with Miguel Cotto [​IMG]

who sez the fight aint gonna happen next year ? you?

5. blackrican23

Chanclas lives again [​IMG]

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

niggah please....you were all on their jock at yahoo chat. you said they were the next marlon starling/mark breland badasses.

remember you said they'd go undefeated because of their incredible chins and talent? then you said that that faggot announcer with the cornrows was right about them.

7. blackrican23

damn Mex you made me laugh with this shit [​IMG]

8. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Had Hoya fought Margarito around the time he fought Hopkins, I might've picked him. However, now he's older and more past prime.

9. blackrican23

10. Chaos

Chaos Member

[​IMG] Margarito got jobbed in that fight, Santos was fading and Rito was gaining rythym,
    and the cut was not serious let alone there was only 3 more rounds to go.

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

if frauddy fights oscar de la p4p, his name will be margaRIP

12. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Actually G-Man was in PR for that fight and said Margarito got jobbed..

El Padrino [​IMG]

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

wait, gman said frauddy got robbed?

hmmmm, tell us, what did he say about oscar vs whitaker? vs quartey? vs molina?

pure, unbiased reporting, i'm sure.

14. mikE

mikE Member

At 147, there's a good argument to be made that Margarito is a better threat than dlh or Shane. It wasn't long ago that Shane (with no tongue in his cheek) said he wasn't ready for Margarito.
    Both Shane and dlh just fought at 154, not 147.
    Both are getting older.
    dlh is at least another 9 months from fighting again.
    Both are quicker than Margarito, but I'd give the edge in strength to Margarito, especially over dlh.

[ August 23, 2006, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: mikE ]

15. Rebel

Rebel Admin

We finally agree on something. :eek:

16. Mark G

Mark G Member

You're tying to assert that it takes a boxer to "outbox" Mayweather. But the fighter who has been most successful so far, did not try to outbox him, but pressure him.

Margarito does have a style that COULD give Mayweather problems. I'd like to see how Mayweather would approach this fight. I think he would do an excellent job, but I would like to see it.

17. andrew

andrew Member

Its pretty sad how the Margarito dickriders continue to give him a free pass when he should fight the best fighters in the division even if Floyd wont fight him.

18. blackrican23

all that jobbed shit is revisionist history.

Santos rocked Margarito in that fight clearly and lost no more than 5 rds @ best

yeah the cut wasnt any worse than earlier and blah blah blah

you guys act like it was a clear win for Margarito. :rolleyes:

BULLSHIT

19. Lemus

Lemus Member

I agree that, I don't feel that Margarito was robbed in regards to the scoring of the fight, up to that point it was pretty close. The fact is though, that the cut wasn't to a point were it was enough to merit stopping the fight and Margarito at the time of the stoppage appeared to be the fresher of the two. He had won most of the previous rounds and appeared to be heading towards a win, in my opinion. I think that is why most feel he was robbed in the fight.

20. handolo

handolo Member

Exactly!

Margarita was also ROCKED the round b4 the fight was stopped, so im not sure he was that much fresher of the 2