williams Vs Margarito

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by amth, Aug 22, 2006.

1. amth

amth Guest

IF this fight comes off how do people see this unfolding?

if this fight doesnt come off i will be pissed at Margarito as williams is his number 1 contender and he will be pulling a PBF by ducking him. I read rumor had it that Williams was kicked out of Margarito's camp for hurting him if this is true hummm it is interesting. My problem with Williams is it seems like he needs some time to warm up, doesnt use his height like he should and his defense is BAD. If his chin is good he should put up a hell of a fight and could beat Margarito. Has anyone seen this kid take a good shot to the body? and how does the skiny frame hold up to it

anyways intersting fight if it comes off

2. Chaos

Chaos Member

The Margarito camp just didnt see use of having a 6'1 southpaw sparring partner, he wasnt kicked out, and if I recall correctly they only sparred a couple of times.

3. handolo

handolo Member

offensively this kid is a nightmare for anyone, he has a 82 inch reach, throws over 100 punches a round, he's accurate and puts his punches together pretty well too.

Can he take a shot to the chin or the body? those question will be answered if he fights margarita.

4. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Whoever wins this fight will do so very easily.
    I can see Williams coming out and landing just about everything he throws and administering an absolute shellacking, I can also see Williams coming out and attempting to do just that with his chin sticking out where it shouldn't be, gets clipped on said chin and it's Timberrrrr.

5. Chaos

Chaos Member

The whole build up of this fight would be a reminiscent of the Cintron and Rito fight, Williams looking unstoppable against C+ fighters, commentators and trainers raving all over him and hopping that he will rid the uncharismatic Margarito off the boxing world just like they hoped for Cintron to do last year and Williams like Cintron is young and naive enough to convince that he can beat Burrito.

Call me crazy but Margarito would beat Williams just as easy as he beat Cintron, Williams better step up and stop beating Argentinan brawlers and over the hill Jr Welters otherwise he will never be ready for a world class fighter like Burrito.

[ August 22, 2006, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Chaos ]

6. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Margarito = Cuevas

Williams = Hearns

Thank you, thank you very much.

[​IMG]

7. Mark G

Mark G Member

Interesting comparison. I know that scrawny, Mexican-hating little shit named Kellerman is all over Williams' jockstrap.

I can't venture a steady prediction in the fight yet, because questions about William's chin have not been answered to satisfaction.

I would tentatively pick Margarito by stoppage Round 5, but Williams handspeed and snappy punches are scary.

[ August 22, 2006, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Mark G ]

8. Chaos

Chaos Member

:rolleyes: yeah right! Hearns would have taken Sharmba Mitchell out in less than 4 rounds

9. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

My turn...

Yeah right.

:rolleyes: [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Chaos

Chaos Member

lol, puto [​IMG]

11. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

12. Rebel

Rebel Admin

It's pretty sad how Margarito haters want him to face yet another unproven young fighter on the rise. How many of these types of fighters does he have to defeat to get the fight against PBF? I predict that if Margarito destroys Williams the haters will become hypocrites and state that the fight doesn't mean shit because Williams was unproven. Even PBF said that Margarito defeating Williams still wouldn't warrant a fight against him. :rolleyes:

13. LOL but yet Bruseles,Judah and Mitchell did? I like Mayweather but its safe too say that he is scared shitless of Margarito and honestly I don't see why.

14. blackrican23

blackrican23 Resident B-Boy

funny in your quest to make PBF into RJJ in your eyes you chose to jump on the Margarito bandwagon [​IMG]

when G-MAN was here hyping him all you guys shot him down saying Margarito wasnt shit. now your driving the bus

[​IMG]

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

What do you mean "all you guys"?

nothing's changed....EFF FRAUDBURRITO, THE AMERICAN.

hey, why aren't you hyping your chin checkas now?

16. blackrican23

who the fuck ever hyped the chin checkers [​IMG]
    your the one who wishes he was from brooklyn not me [​IMG]

17. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Never once have I picked him to defeat PBF. I just feel he's the best threat who has a legit case for getting that fight but the BITCH keeps running from it. It makes one wonder if she knows something we don't.

[ August 23, 2006, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Rebel ]

18. blackrican23

thats internet hype. keeps you kiddies with something to do. the BITCH is running from Margarito straight to DLH ? LOL I forgot YOU pick Margarito to beat DLH too [​IMG] . he aint shotgun gomez [​IMG]

19. blackrican23

I forgot you love to edit ;)

best threat? not better than DLH or Shane [​IMG]

20. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

De La Hoya, Shane whoever cannot outbox PBF. However, Margarito can come at him and try to close the gap and trade at different angles..he won't be boxing. Now this could end up like Corrales with Margarito not getting inside to do the job. But if he gets inside somehow by taking a puch or two to give one, he got a great chance to beat PBF in a brawl. Ringo [​IMG]

[ August 23, 2006, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: El Padrino ]