Will Juan Diaz ever step up the comp??

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Beyond the Grave, Nov 6, 2006.

1. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

He ain't fighting nobody until he kisses Oscar's rich ass. He shouldn't have dicked over GBP like that. They will own all the big names in the lower weight classes, have fun fighting on JC Chavez Jr. undercards the rest of your career.

2. HAHA,that's what will happen to at this rate,and how did Juan diaz screw GBP?

3. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

Apparently he agreed to a contract with GBP and they had put out a press release and everything. His manager then announced later that day that there was no deal and they were signing with Don King instead. I think Diaz' manager deserves most of the blame for being two faced but its Diaz that is going to pay the price.

4. Yeah,DKP ain't what it used to be,especially now that there's better options where fighters don't have to worry about there money being stolen from them(Top Rank,GBP exc).Diaz and his manager made a huge mistake.

5. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Quote:

Yeah,DKP ain't what it used to be,especially now that there's better options where fighters don't have to worry about there money being stolen from them(Top Rank,GBP exc).Diaz and his manager made a huge mistake.

Well Top Rank's no bed of roses either. Look at how Raheem can't get big fights after beating Morales. He got moved to #13 in the WBC ratings and Morales was elevated to #1 and got the rematch with Pacquiao. Jose Sulaiman has always been in bed with ANY promoter who will offer "donations" (i.e PC term in boxing for bribes) to his organization. How long does Raheem who has been with Top Rank have to wait for a title shot?

Jack

PS. I do agree with what has been said about Diaz

[ November 10, 2006, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Jack1000 ]

6. tonsetzer

tonsetzer Member

Correct me, but didnt Raheem fight for the title against Morales? And directly after that he battled Acelino Freitas for the vacant WBO lightweight title? I would say he did get another big fight directly after he beat Morales.

And to be true, after his "Ruiz like" performance i have no problem with Raheem not getting any fight [​IMG]

He has to blame himself. His style isnt crowd pleasing in any way.

[ November 10, 2006, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: tonsetzer ]

7. like dude above me said,Raheem got his big fight and he intentionally stunk up the joint and lost.say what you want about toprank and GBP but they have never been accused of stealing fighters money like Don King.