Will Arreola be the first Mexican HW Champ?

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by O-Dogg33, Jun 19, 2008.

1. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

2. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Well, if John Ruiz did it, why not him?

I've only seen him fight once...I'll definitely be checking him out on Saturday.

I know he is tough, good work rate, but I don't think he is that hard of a puncher...and the chin...we gotta see that chin tested.

I'm not gonna lie to you, I'd love to see him win one of the heavyweight belts, that would be fun for beaners all around.

3. Rebel

Rebel Admin

It could happen if he's matched well.

BTW, neowolf, FUCK YOU! :tongue:

4. neo_wolf

neo_wolf Boxing Fanatic's greatest

5. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

It's funny how some of the white posters in here criticize us sometimes for being so race conscious.

Read some of the comments on that youtube link neo provided, and perhaps now you can see why we talk about race all the time.

As you were whitey.

:smiles::

6. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

7. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

I would pick any current titleist to beat him.

8. neo_wolf

Id pick Ruiz over him without a second thought.

9. ruiz>messican..and it pains me to say that

mike tyson is back? :lol:

10. Valdosta

So would I. Arreola isn't to good. he's fun to watch though.

11. mikE

mikE Member

he might get a title over someone like Briggs, but I don't see him ever being titleholder quality

12. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Arreola look pretty decent and took the guy out despite a bit of controversy at the end.

He'll definitely beat Ruiz at this stage, come on now, lol.

:mex:

13. Rebel

Rebel Admin

That wasn't controversial. He was busting him up and then Witherspoon's cornermen stepped into the ring before the round was over. Like Lederman stated, the round is not over until the referee deems the fighter coherent and he proceeds to continue the fight. When the ref deemed Witherspoon able to continue, he was asking for the bell to be sounded to officially end the round. However, that's when the ref noticed Witherspoon's cornermen was already in the ring. He then concluded that the cornermen had violated the rules. You can actually see that on one of the replays. I thought it might've been a bad referee call until I analyzed the replays. It's unfortunate that Arreola didn't get the chance to officially knock him out.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  14. Valdosta

You can;t tell much off that fight anyways. In all honesty Witherspoon sucks. he had struggled with a bum before this fight. This was the best they could do for his cash out fight. LOL.

15. tim witherspoon? is he still alive?

16. Valdosta

Come on now even if you can't watch it it's not hard to look at boxrec or fightnews. Yes, Chazz.

17. still dont know him...

18. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Chazz fought poorly but he is no Tim for sure. However Arreola looks so deceiving. He is not chiseled in build but has power for sure and is there to finish business when he gets the opportunity. If anything he is way more fun to watch than Ruiz, and is there to fight. I enjoyed watching him...Padrino

19. neo_wolf

They should def make a fight with Ruiz now, it would sell tickets as the first Rican-Mex rivalry fight at heavyweight.