Wilder vs Ortiz

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by "Bangin'" Dick Bravado, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

Ortiz wasn't dead enough at the point of stoppage?

2. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Shit. Now I have to say goodnight to you also. Buenas noches amigo. Now let me get to sleep. lol

3. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

I was thinking more like Wilder doesn't look so good when his opponent can hit back. He showed he has some weakneses as well as gained more confidence and self belief. If a Joshua had him in that much trouble it'd probably be over. Mind you the opposite would be the case too. Heavyweight division shaping up quite nicely now. No GOATs but still some intrigue.

4. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

First 4 rounds were dull but it was good after that. Ortiz was clearly winning the fight though. Those cards were bullshit. Wilder looked like shit but his power and heart bailed him out.

5. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

No problem. I cook a good breakfast anyway. Good night Ringo.

6. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

"Bangin'" Dick Bravado Half-breed , Half Steed

No doubt, Joshua will make Wilder look foolish..and put him to sleep.

7. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

8. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

NOW CUT THAT OUT!!

*Take 2..count 'em TWO*

So, in other words, what you're saying IS...

Gonna holler, gonna shout, gonna knock myself right out

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

i still can't figure out why the doctor checked on wilder at the start of the 8th.
    he checked him to see if he was hurt? thats bullshit. if he didn't recover, thats his problem.

10. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I was guessing at the time that the dotor was noting that
    Wilder, as I posted before) looked still sick and thin from his flu or whatever he had in training and was sweating profusely from the get go. I don't know where he got the determination to suddenly put the fight away, some adrenaline rush or fear of losing for his child maybe, but before that round I actually thought he looked faint and dehydrated and LOOSING too much water. It reminded me in reverse what happened to me when I had the Sodium seizure in the ER from drinking TOO MUCH Water and almost died. He had that dazed look I had. They were probably looking for his focus and alertness as a precaution or he could pass out in the ring.. Only he knows and G-d knows how he got up the energy to muster the ko.

11. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I'm up now and looking out for UPS overnight on dry ice. Where is my breakfast????

12. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Fabian One the best SOLO in his time for American rockers of the doo wop sort of style....of all styles of course Elvis. (50s). The biggest GROUP then in the 50s of this type of street corner music was Dion and the Belmont's (There is that word again) from the Bronx. Dion Dimucci still shows up in Atlantic City. Last time I saw his show was maybe 15 years ago there. Talked about his cute grandkids a lot so I figure his days have come and gone...his voice still decent then.

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I called it. I said Wilder was a tall lumbering heavyweight with a weak chin. I also said i didnt think Ortiz had enough power to ko wilder. He hurt wilder just didnt punch hard enough to finish the Job. Joshua will put wilder in a coma.

14. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

Maybe Ortiz should get himself a new nickname...because THE Real King Kong would've killed him in one punch.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

panama lewis

16. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Never thought of that.

17. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

He’s not lumbering, far from it. He’s not slow for a heavyweight. However, he’s not a great boxer, leaves himself open all the time...he’s a tad chinny...and despite being tall and rangy, he’s too light for the thick and muscular Joshua. I also think Joshua KOs Wilder.

18. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Maybe not lumbering he seems kind of athletic but freakishly tall. Usually being tall is a good thing but there's a limit. And at 6"7 wilder is pushing that limit.
    I think of guys like Michael Grant who looked spectacular until they stepped in the ring with solid heavyweight punchers and these tall chinny lumbering hw folded like lawn chairs. Historically 6"7 and above hw or mma fighters are a joke. It's like they lack coordination and their brains cant send the signal to their body quick enough or something. Trust me wilder will get exposed. Hes a black Primo Carnera. Lol

19. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

I’ll already trust you, Wilder is going to get knocked out by Joshua.

20. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

Yeah, 6'7" you have lots of exposed territory to cover up and it's almost impossible to be an effective body puncher from that height... So that takes away a HUGE arsenal in the fight game.