Wilder vs. Areola

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Ringside, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Just read that Chris will once again fight this time on Fox on July 16. for whatever reason I like watching him fight even though it is never pretty looking at his shape and limited punch stats..lol I'm too lazy to look it up but I believe he won his last fight on t.v. within the year or even less. I remember seeing it. I believe he was given a stolen decision but I could be wrong. Anyway, at least it won't cost 70 bucks and he is fun to watch most of the time.

2. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

He comes to fight. He dances with what brung him.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I'm still looking forward to chris nipple to be the first meskin champ evah.

4. Playboy

Playboy Member

Please beat Wilder. I haven't seen Chris actually fight since Klitchko.
    I hope he has enough in the tank to expose this fraud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

I used to like Arreola but his lazy act got tired quick. The guy keeps getting opportunity after opportunity but usually blows it. Great talent and punch but no work ethic. He's lucky the HW division is so pathetic and that he's Mexican or he would have been forgotten about years ago.
    I don't really like Wilder either but I hope he smashes Arreola and rids us of him for good.

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Yeah wilder is a douche. I hope he fight Klitscho next...he'll be exposed. His little arrogant showboating really pissed me off...but then again he's black.

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

what will get exposed that hasn't been exposed yet?

8. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

Exactly. The only question mark on Wilder is how good is his chin. He's taken some decent shots here and there but because of his size and jab he's never even really been in any dangerous spots. But in the HW division anyone can be knocked out with one shot.

PBC can't match make for shit but the one thing they did do right was keep Wilder away from dangerous guys until he was ready. Had they cashed him out earlier to try and face Klitschko that could have been a mistake. But now, knowing that Wlad is washed up and Tyson Fury is a ticking time bomb waiting to sabotage his own career, Wilder is in a great spot. His only competition is Ortiz who I think is the best HW right now but is almost 40, and Joshua who is a little greener but probably better. That will be a great fight if it ever gets made.

9. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Teddy Atlas did a great video breakdown of Wilder on ESPN fights the other night and it wasn't pretty. You're correct, his faults are there to see and I don't see them being ever corrected.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I saw the atlas video. tells it like it is.

11. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

[video=youtube;VItpvWasg44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=108&v=VItpvWasg44[/video]

12. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Joshua is a little greener? Dude, he won the Olympic super heavyweight gold medal. He's a far better technical boxer than Wilder. The one who is greener is Wilder himself, he took up boxing rather late in life...he's not an instinctive polished fighter like Joshua is, bro.

13. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Agree 100%.

14. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

damn kimbita....solid points!

16. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Contrary to popular belief...I still follow boxing...

:mexsmiley:

17. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

With all due respect to Senor Kimba I was only referring to their pro experience and number of fights. I love Joshua, I think he's the goods. I don't think Wilder has any technical superiority to him. Please forgive me.

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Both roiding, though

19. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Oh, thanks for the clarification, my bad...no need for apologies...

:thumby:

20. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

The mystery is who is not these days?