Why is Manny Steward considered such a great trainer? Beristain is greater IMO

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, Mar 13, 2007.

1. alejo

alejo Member

Beristain worked with Chavez for a while also, at least for the MAGO fight.

2. Rebel

Rebel Admin

He was joking.

3. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Exactly. Preach it! Stupidity doesn't have any bounds these days and black and Rjay are prime examples of that. :clappy:

4. Manny is a better trainer and has the track record to prove it. Nacho is terrible for his fighters. He may be a decent trainer, but he's a career killing manager. Look at how horribly he's mismanaged Manuel Marquez's career. If you were a fighter, who would you pick? I'd bet the majority of folks on this board would go with Manny.

5. Rebel

Rebel Admin

We aren't talking about a manager here. It's about TRAINER.

Aside from Hearns, he hasn't done shit. And Hearns was already a naturally talented fighter with great physical attributes and power.

Do you think Steward could turn a limited fighter like Daniel Zaragoza into a consistent champion, a HOFer? Me thinks not!

6. Black Gatti

Black Gatti Member

Man, sometimes I think you're an idiot or just don't know the sport.

Why do you keep saying that all he did was train Hearns?? ... I just pointed out tons of fighters that Steward can take full credit for.

Again, Emanuel has already proven that he's one of the greatest Trainers & Managers the game has ever seen. Don't discredit him just because he's not "Limited" to just that anymore!!

Again, he has to balance Training all those fighters he has, Running his gyms, being a manager, being a commentator & flying back n forth to work w/ the Klitscko's (and others). He is just one person, ya know.

Beristain can focus on just training because he isn't in demand like Steward is!! Think about that before you spout this nonsense!!

7. Black Gatti

Black Gatti Member

BTW - To answer your question: Steward has turned many marginal fighters into solid champs. Do I need to list those also?

Buddy McGirt turned around Gatti, Tarver etc ... But you were the main guy trying to discredit him also. Do I smell a racial bias? :)

-----> One more point... You can't even compare Beristain to Steward as a manager or trainer.

Here is why: Steward is a greater Manager, we know that. Beristain is cut from the same clothe as Jack Mosely as a manager. They're both Horrible at managing. Now what makes him such a terrible manager is that he hasn't secured any big fights for his fighters, especially JMM. Now if he can't secure any big fights for his fighters, he can't be training his fighters for any big fights. And if he isn't training his fighters for any big fights, then he can't be winning any big fights!!

Now we know for a fact that Emanuel Steward is a big fight Trainer/Manager. He trained Hearns alone for fights w/ Leonard, Hagler, Duran, Benitez, Cuevas etc... That alone blows Nacho away in big fights. .... Then he trained Lewis for Holyfield, Tyson, Klitschko, Rahman, Mercer, Morrison etc...

I could name so much more. Just quit while you're behind man!! haha

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  8. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Good post bro.

:beer:

9. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

No I wasn't, Hearns is indeed greater than those beaners you mentioned.

Now if you would have said either Chavez or Sanchez, then you would've had a different response from me altogether.

:nod:

10. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

I guess Lopez and da Marquez brothers have no God-given talent then.

No seas pendejo.

:slap: :lol:

11. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Yes, you named a lot of fighters who were busts (Breland) or non-HOFers. Beristain has created many more HOFers. Just accept it already.

I don't know the sport? You're the one who's still reads outdated Ring Magazines in the year 2007. Get with it newbie.

You're just a homer that only wants to give props to Steward because he's an African-American just like you. The stats are there. Beristain is greater. He just happens to be soft-spoken and doesn't speak English, hence he gets no props from you.

12. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Can you read? When has my argument been about who is the greater manager?

13. Rebel

Rebel Admin

They do, but they weren't made 6 feet tall with a master blaster right hand.

Seriously, if Steward had even produced a few more HOFers, I wouldn't even be arguing.

14. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Yeah, but how many beaner fighters are 6 feet tall besides Tito Ortiz.

:lol:

15. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Almost every beaner on this forum is 6ft tall pendejo. :stroke:

16. R_jay

R_jay Member

Yeah, of course they are :stroke:

You just can't argue against Rebel when it comes to anything Mexican..... you're talking to a brick wall.

17. Rebel

Rebel Admin

The same could be said about you and Valdosta. You're both just jealous of Mexicans because they're superior to your people in boxing. That burns hard, therefore, you have to constantly try to degrade our fighters. :stroke:

18. R_jay

R_jay Member

You're such a moron....... I was in the other thread arguing how Mexican fighters are the best. Way to stick your foot in your mouth.

:slap:

Btw, I am utterly shocked and surprised you would play the race card in an arguement when you're getting your butt kicked. No really, shocked. I've never seen you do anything like that before. Never. Not once. Really. You must be very insecure, othrwise you would'nt bring it up every chance you get.

19. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Luckily for me I am a fan of boxing and not of nationality or race. it allows me to think a bit more clear and definantely more unbiased than someone like yourself.

20. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Hook, line, sinker. :rotf: