Why is Jones Jr. the greatest of all time?

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Aymaco, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Remus

Remus Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by REED:
    REED READILY Admits his Arrogance...REED Has NO NEED 4 False Modesty...<hr></blockquote>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

REED Ain't "Pushing" $hit Off on U...REED READILY Admits his Arrogance...REED Has NO NEED 4 False Modesty...

REED was Just Saying that U yourself CAN'T B Mr. MODESTY,4 Coming @ REED on Some "Can't Read" $hit...Not Time After Time...

U've Been Repeating yourself & SO Has REED...REED has had 2 Reiterate his Diaperweight Points 2 U REPEATEDLY...

REED Doesn't Intentionally Leave ANY Stones Unturned...If U Have a Point or Question,that U Feel REED has "Avoided",BRING IT...

The "Mexican Bias" Thing was a STATEMENT w/N my Post...The CRUX of REED's Post CENTERED on Sweet Pea's Skills...

& 2 Say that "All I Had" was the "Mexican Bias" Point,SHOWS That U HAVEN'T Read REED's Post...

REED Addressed ALL of YORI BOY's Points & the 1's U Just Made N this Post...

Do Yourself a Favor & REED it,B 4 Responding...

REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

i don;t see how questioning your reading skills since i am continuously repeating myself translates to arrogance.

I read your post and you didnt accurately address any of his points on Pea's resume.

You never have to repeat anything to me.... and when you do you only waste space- i read your points and address them i don't ignore them and then say you don't back shit up which is exactly what you did.

Hitman

3. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

Look,EVERY Division has Good & Bad Periods...GENERALLY Speaking,the "Pool of Talent" IS LARGER,N Weights HIGHER than Diaper...

Right Now that MIGHT Not B True,But HISTORICALLY & GENERALLY Speaking,It IS...

REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

All right reed, i guess right at the heart of this thing is where we disagree. Historically there have been more great fighters at higher weights..... but as has been pointed out the larger weights have been around MUCH longer. Generally, i would have to disagree with you. And the talent pool does not get deeper as weight increases.

Hitman

4. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hitman:

i don;t see how questioning your reading skills since i am continuously repeating myself translates to arrogance.

I read your post and you didnt accurately address any of his points on Pea's resume.

You never have to repeat anything to me.... and when you do you only waste space- i read your points and address them i don't ignore them and then say you don't back shit up which is exactly what you did.

Hitman
    <hr></blockquote>

WRONG...

REED Rattled Off Sweet Pea's Resume AND Addressed YORI BOY's Points On Chavez...

REED STRONGLY Suggests U REED that Thread,So This Argument about the CONTENTS OF that Thread Can END...

REED KNOWs What he Wrote...& U're Arguing w/REED about what REED KNOW's he Wrote...

Just REED the Thread, & Holla Back...

REED [​IMG]

5. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

WRONG...

REED Rattled Off Sweet Pea's Resume AND Addressed YORI BOY's Points On Chavez...

REED STRONGLY Suggests U REED that Thread,So This Argument about the CONTENTS OF that Thread Can END...

REED KNOWs What he Wrote...& U're Arguing w/REED about what REED KNOW's he Wrote...

Just REED the Thread, & Holla Back...

REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

Whittaker Beat Ramirez(twice),Haugen,Mayweather & Nelson @ 135...

Yet U Speak as If Sweet Pea Hasn't Done $hit @ 135...

Ok other than chavez these were the only lines regarding pea's competition. More than half of your initial argument was concerned with how everyone is "pissed cuz pea whipped chavez" and the entire thing revolves around your notion that those that don't rank pea in the top 25 is a biased mexican fan.....sour about pea beating chavez. My opinion on the Pea-Chavez fight lies in betweeen you and yori i think..... i think it was closer than you make it out to be.... but i also think pea clearly won.

Either way that is another lie- yori nor myself never said pea never accomplished shit at 135..... simply put however- his resume doesn't compare with the real top 25 P4P fighters.

So as i said- YOU NEVER ACCURATELY ADDRESSED THE POINTS!! you listed some names and never addressed the point that Pea's resume does not compare to who yori ranked above him..... keep on coming reed- if ignorance is bliss then you must be in heaven.

Hitman

6. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hitman:

Whittaker Beat Ramirez(twice),Haugen,Mayweather & Nelson @ 135...

Yet U Speak as If Sweet Pea Hasn't Done $hit @ 135...

Ok other than chavez these were the only lines regarding pea's competition. More than half of your initial argument was concerned with how everyone is "pissed cuz pea whipped chavez" and the entire thing revolves around your notion that those that don't rank pea in the top 25 is a biased mexican fan.....sour about pea beating chavez. My opinion on the Pea-Chavez fight lies in betweeen you and yori i think..... i think it was closer than you make it out to be.... but i also think pea clearly won.

Either way that is another lie- yori nor myself never said pea never accomplished shit at 135..... simply put however- his resume doesn't compare with the real top 25 P4P fighters.

So as i said- YOU NEVER ACCURATELY ADDRESSED THE POINTS!! you listed some names and never addressed the point that Pea's resume does not compare to who yori ranked above him..... keep on coming reed- if ignorance is bliss then you must be in heaven.

Hitman
    <hr></blockquote>

This is Ridiculous,HITMAN...

YORI & I were MAINLY Debating Sweet Pea's LIGHTWEIGHT Standing,Which he Attributed 2 his Resume(or Lack Thereof)...

REED Rattled Off the Names U Just Pasted,N Response 2 Duran's,Leonards & Others Resumes...

The REST of the Post was Addressing the Whittaker vs Chavez FIGHT,Itself...

U're Claiming that REED NEVER Addressed YORI BOY's Resume Point,then U PROVE That REED Has...

U Said REED Didn't Address YORI BOY's Chavez Points,then U PROVE That REED Did...

How Many Different Ways Could REED SPIN the "Mexican Bias" Thing???...Each Post REED Left was Rather Lengthy,So OBVIOUSLY,Unless REED was Typing the Words "BIASED MEXICAN" Over & Over,those Posts HAD 2 CONTAIN SOMETHING....

All Your "LIES" Nonsense is BULL$HIT...REED HASN'T "Lied" About $hit...

Again,REED's Listing of Sweet Pea's Lightweight Opponents was N RESPONSE 2 YORI BOY's Assertion that Whittaker Didn't Have a Good Lightweight Resume,Compared 2 Duran,Leonard & Others...

How that DOESN'T Address YORI's Point is FOREIGN 2 REED...Seems 2 REED that he DID Address the Point...

He Brought the Cats Resume UNDER Question...REED Named Names...Simple as That...

If Being PETTY had ANY Cash Value,U'd B a Phucking BILLIONAIRE....

REED [​IMG]

7. TIP

TIP Member

JO SAN...

WHY Do U INSIST on Throwing Michal$HITski N 2 the Mix???...Time After Time After Time After Time After Time After Time After Time After Time...

HOW Has Michal$HITski Held On 2 his Spot as 2nd Best Light Heavy,by Fighting NOBODIES???...

HOW???...

If Roy Is Penalized,N your Eyes,on the Strength of his Resume,then WHY Do U NEVER Do the Same 2 Michal$HITski???...

U NEVER Do...

Yet U REPEATEDLY Throw Him Out There,like he's Done Something...

WHY Do U NOT Penalize Michal$HITski 4 NOT Coming 2 America,Like ALL The Other Marquee Foreign Fighters Have???...

REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

You'll notice I never even mentioned Dariuss in my post. The fact that you mentioned his name indicates you too are thinking DM's the top challenge. TIP

8. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TIP:

You'll notice I never even mentioned Dariuss in my post. The fact that you mentioned his name indicates you too are thinking DM's the top challenge. TIP
    <hr></blockquote>

:rolleyes:

U Said "Jones Needs 2 Fight the OTHER Top Guy",or Words 2 THAT Effect...

U've Made it ABUNDANTLY Clear Who U Think the OTHER "Top Guy" IS,N your Posts...

A Blind Man Could Tell WHO U were Talking About,if They've Debated w/U Long Enough,as REED Has...

REED Doesn't Think Michal$HITski is Worth a Quarter,so Don't Flatter Him...

U're Just NOT as Discreet,N your Wording,as U Think....

REED [​IMG]

9. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Has REED Said the Diaperweights WERE NOT a "Genuine Entity",N the Sport???...

No...

REED is Arguing that THE Best Fighters DO NOT Traditionally Fight N the Extremely Lower Weights...

Members of "Diaperweight Fanatics" R Arguing the Opposite...

They're Looking @ the Divisions TODAY,N Comparison 2 Others & Making the Generalization that the Diaperweights R BETTER...

REED Said HISTORY DOESN'T Support That...

ALL U've Done is Throw Around Some "Names",But N the SAME Period of Time,that your "Names" Fought,There were BETTER Fighters(& ALOT of Them)@ Higher Weights...

& U KNOW This...

Were the Diaperweights Deeeeeeep,N Those Days???...Doubtful...

Even If they Were,Compare them 2 Other Weight Classes,of the SAME Time & U'll C the Point that REED was Making,All Along...

REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

You say that the "best fighters do not traditionally fight in the extremely lower weight classes"

Exactly what tradition are you drawing on? I hardly think you can draw a comparison in tradition for a 18 year period.

10. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Shoulda,Woulda,Coulda...

Your Bobo Olson-Floyd Patterson Analogy Holds NO Water...4 1 Simple Reason...

WHO's the BEST Middleweight Since Marvin Hagler???...

WHO's the ONLY Man 2 Beat the BEST Middleweight,Since Hagler,N a Middleweight Title Fight???...

"Path of LEAST Resistance"???...HARDLY...

U Can Try 2 Paint ALL The Negative Pictures U Want,2 Make Roy's Projected Move 2 Heavy Seem LESS Than it Really Is...

But Deeeeeep Down,U KNOW a Win Over louise Would B IMPRESSIVE(Especially Considering he's a Former Middleweight CHAMPION)...Even If U Don't Admit it on a Message Board...

REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

You can walk the Best middleweight since Hagler mutt around the block all you want it still won't turn into a show dog.

Hopkins was a USBA middleweight cahmpion when he fought Jones for a vacant title with only 20 or so fights under his belt, and wouldn't win his version of the middleweight title till 1995.

Who is the only man to beat the best middleweight in the world since Hagler in a middleweight title fight? Laughable.

11. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Matos:

You say that the "best fighters do not traditionally fight in the extremely lower weight classes"

Exactly what tradition are you drawing on? I hardly think you can draw a comparison in tradition for a 18 year period.
    <hr></blockquote>

Did U NOT Name Some Lower Weight,Old School Fighters???...From MORE than 18 Years Ago???...

Exactly...

When REED Says Diaperweights,he AIN'T Speaking Of a PARTICULAR Class...

But "Piss Ants" N General...

REED [​IMG]

12. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Matos:

You can walk the Best middleweight since Hagler mutt around the block all you want it still won't turn into a show dog.

Hopkins was a USBA middleweight cahmpion when he fought Jones for a vacant title with only 20 or so fights under his belt, and wouldn't win his version of the middleweight title till 1995.

Who is the only man to beat the best middleweight in the world since Hagler in a middleweight title fight? Laughable.
    <hr></blockquote>

That "Mutt" DID Turn N 2 a Show Dog...The BEST "Show Dog" Since a MARVELOUS "Show Dog",N Fact...

Jones was NO MORE Experienced,than Hopkins was,N that Fight...After All,Bernard WAS the # 1 Contender...

Ya'll Must've 4-Got!!! :eek: ...

It was U,that Tried 2 Make Light of Roy's Accomplishments @ Middle...So REED Simply ILLUSTRATED WHO It was that Roy BEAT 4 his Middle Title...

The BEST Middleweight Since Hagler...Can U DENY That???...

Didn't Think So...

REED [​IMG]

13. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

That "Mutt" DID Turn N 2 a Show Dog...The BEST "Show Dog" Since a MARVELOUS "Show Dog",N Fact...

Jones was NO MORE Experienced,than Hopkins was,N that Fight...After All,Bernard WAS the # 1 Contender...

Ya'll Must've 4-Got!!! :eek: ...

It was U,that Tried 2 Make Light of Roy's Accomplishments @ Middle...So REED Simply ILLUSTRATED WHO It was that Roy BEAT 4 his Middle Title...

The BEST Middleweight Since Hagler...Can U DENY That???...

Didn't Think So...

REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

At the time Jones beat Hopkins, "The Ring" had him rated #8. ;)

14. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

Ole Roy has yet to risk anything to achieve elite status.

Right Now Ole Roy is a cult fiqure Fighter.

The kind that rarely loses in the comic book fantasy make believe world.

Ole Roy is a good example of today's top action fiqures that have everything.

Too much of everything is boring. Especially when it does the same thing over and over.

Ole Roy may be a top action fiqure.

Ole Roy ain't no top action fighter.

Simply Put Ole Roy has done nothing to elevate his status.

It was said Joe Louis fought the bum of the month club fighters.

Ole Roy has fought the Bums of The Year Club each year preceding Andy Grifith,

15. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

This is Ridiculous,HITMAN...

YORI & I were MAINLY Debating Sweet Pea's LIGHTWEIGHT Standing,Which he Attributed 2 his Resume(or Lack Thereof)...

REED Rattled Off the Names U Just Pasted,N Response 2 Duran's,Leonards & Others Resumes...

The REST of the Post was Addressing the Whittaker vs Chavez FIGHT,Itself...

U're Claiming that REED NEVER Addressed YORI BOY's Resume Point,then U PROVE That REED Has...

U Said REED Didn't Address YORI BOY's Chavez Points,then U PROVE That REED Did...

How Many Different Ways Could REED SPIN the "Mexican Bias" Thing???...Each Post REED Left was Rather Lengthy,So OBVIOUSLY,Unless REED was Typing the Words "BIASED MEXICAN" Over & Over,those Posts HAD 2 CONTAIN SOMETHING....

All Your "LIES" Nonsense is BULL$HIT...REED HASN'T "Lied" About $hit...

Again,REED's Listing of Sweet Pea's Lightweight Opponents was N RESPONSE 2 YORI BOY's Assertion that Whittaker Didn't Have a Good Lightweight Resume,Compared 2 Duran,Leonard & Others...

How that DOESN'T Address YORI's Point is FOREIGN 2 REED...Seems 2 REED that he DID Address the Point...

He Brought the Cats Resume UNDER Question...REED Named Names...Simple as That...

If Being PETTY had ANY Cash Value,U'd B a Phucking BILLIONAIRE....

REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

See here you go again reed, lying again to make yourself look better. i never ONCE said you didnt address yori's chavez points...... i don't think i even mentioned chavez except to say that i thought the fight was (sort of) close yet pea was the clear victor.

haha i can't remember how this got started now..... anyways i thought you didnt' ACCURATELY address the resume critique.... just listing the names is worthless- YORI LISTED THEM ALSO!!!! Pointed out that nelson was above his best weight.... Ramirez was past his prime and mayweather had him in trouble. Either way- yori listed those names and said they don't compare with the 3 or 4 lightweights he ranked above him...... or the 30-something guys he ranked above him all-time..... it was very valid, logical and you responded basically with your mexican bias BS.

now read my sig- i wish you a very merry un-birthday and let's have a cup of tea. or maybe something a bit stronger? [​IMG]

Hitman