Why is Jones Jr. the greatest of all time?

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Aymaco, Sep 8, 2002.

  1. The Hitman

    The Hitman Hitman

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by REED:


    Fine,HITMAN...

    REED May have Made that Statement N your Post,But he Was Speaking on a BROADER Scope,Meaning Members of this Site...PLURAL...

    "It was Written" that REED B a Message Board Poster,Among Other Things...Our Puglistic LORD & SAVIOR Sent his Only Begotten Poster(from Planet Roy)2 Spread the Word...

    Excuse REED 4 Acting Like "God's Gift" 2 Boxing Forums,But REED Is... ;) ...

    REED WOULDN'T Call the Labeling of Sweet Pea as "Just a Southpaw" LOGICAL...A Statement Like That REEKS w/BIAS...

    That is What Yori Boy Stated...

    REED Went 2 Far w/the "Biased Mexican" Thing(w/Yori Boy)& REED APOLOGIZED 4 it,But AGAIN,that was MORE of an Obversation of this Site,on a Whole...

    & REED Stands By his Obversation...

    YES,REED is Undefeated...A Few Stand Off's,But NEVER Clearly Defeated... [​IMG] ...

    Based on Your Name Sake,U'd Better Tuck that Chin of Yours,Cause REED DOES HIT HARD,N Debates...


    REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>


    So like i said i never insulted you i just pointed out facts.... your illusions.

    Re sweet pea- yori went in to detail about his career and opposition and fights where he showed weaknesses, etc. to illustrate why he thought he was overrated...... maybe you missed all that haha. again doesn't surprise me your reading skills do seem limited.

    your arrogance (and denial) amazes me.

    Hitman
     
  2. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hitman:



    U're Absolutely Correct,the Talent Pool CAN'T B That Deeeeep,CERTAINLY NOT as Deeeep as Higher Weights...

    That's an UNDENIABLE Fact...


    You didnt type that? Memory should serve you a bit better.


    throughout history yes higher weightr classes have had better fighters yes..... but Mr. Matos already dealt with that.

    Overall, i don;t know.... i think the below 118 fighters do hit just as hard in a P4P sense..... but if the almighty reed disagrees i guess that makes it an UNDENIABLE FACT! [​IMG] [​IMG]

    Hitman
    <hr></blockquote>

    & Like REED Told U,U're Going 2 the Extreme by ASSUMING that REED Meant HEAVY's...As REED Said,NEITHER Heavy's NOR Diaper's R the NORMAL Size of the "Average Man"...

    "Higher Weights" Can Mean Bantam,Feather,Light,Welter,Whatever...

    ALL Mr Matos Did was Throw Out Some Meaningful Diaperweight Names from Waaaaaaay Back...

    Comparatively Speaking,There were MORE Good Fighters @ Higher Weights(Who were Contemporaries of his "Names")& Mr Matos CAN'T Deny That...

    Here's the Deal,HITMAN...

    REED was Addressing the ATTITUDE Around here,that Cats Who DON'T Watch the Little Guys,R LESS Than Astute Boxing Fans...

    If REED Threw U Under the Bus,N his Criticism,he Apologizes...

    But the Aforementined ATTITUDE DOES Exist Around Here...U Can't Deny That...

    REED is Only "G-Suss"...U ALREADY KNOW Who the "Almighty" is... ;)

    REED [​IMG]
     
  3. The Hitman

    The Hitman Hitman

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by REED:


    & Like REED Told U,U're Going 2 the Extreme by ASSUMING that REED Meant HEAVY's...As REED Said,NEITHER Heavy's NOR Diaper's R the NORMAL Size of the "Average Man"...

    "Higher Weights" Can Mean Bantam,Feather,Light,Welter,Whatever...

    ALL Mr Matos Did was Throw Out Some Meaningful Diaperweight Names from Waaaaaaay Back...

    Comparatively Speaking,There were MORE Good Fighters @ Higher Weights(Who were Contemporaries of his "Names")& Mr Matos CAN'T Deny That...

    Here's the Deal,HITMAN...

    REED was Addressing the ATTITUDE Around here,that Cats Who DON'T Watch the Little Guys,R LESS Than Astute Boxing Fans...

    If REED Threw U Under the Bus,N his Criticism,he Apologizes...

    But the Aforementined ATTITUDE DOES Exist Around Here...U Can't Deny That...

    REED is Only "G-Suss"...U ALREADY KNOW Who the "Almighty" is... ;)

    REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>


    when ARE those reading glasses getting in reed? ok, i'll type it AGAIN:

    190, 175, 168, 160, 147

    Hitman
     
  4. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valdosta:


    No, you simply went over to Boxrec. Boxrec doesn't keep complete records of foreign fighters. Munoz Koed Celes Kobayashi who has a VERY good chin, he stopped the same guy Morel beat to win his title also. I HAVE seen the guy and he hits damn hard. Have you?? Didn't think so. You were unable to find anyone with a better KO record I guess huh??

    [ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: Valdosta ]
    <hr></blockquote>

    BRAITHWAITE...

    Who Cares where REED's Secretary Got her Info From???... :D

    R U Saying that he HASN'T Fought the Cats that he's Credited w/Fighting???...

    MOST of his Opponents Records R ATROCIOUS,2 Put it Mildly...

    No,REED has NOT Seen him Fight...But What Relevance Does that Hold???...

    If a Person has POWER,his Record USUALLY Reflects this,Does it NOT???...

    The 100% KO Ratio Guys Don't Last Long...Not w/that %,Anyways...

    Vitali Klit,Freitas,Even FEROCIOUS,Came CLOSE 2 the Record Munoz Now Has...

    REED [​IMG]
     
  5. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rebel:
    I've read through both pages of this thread and I've realized that not one person has made a case for RJJ being ranked in the the top 20-25, much less the top 10 or the #1 position. Pathetic.<hr></blockquote>

    Dude Please...
    :rolleyes:

    It's Waaaaaaay 2 Easy 2 Scoff @ the Arguments Being Made...REED Presented a STRONG Case,N his Initial Posts...Re-REED it...

    How Bout U Make a Case 4 Why Roy ISN'T??...

    REED [​IMG]
     
  6. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hitman:



    So like i said i never insulted you i just pointed out facts.... your illusions.

    Re sweet pea- yori went in to detail about his career and opposition and fights where he showed weaknesses, etc. to illustrate why he thought he was overrated...... maybe you missed all that haha. again doesn't surprise me your reading skills do seem limited.

    your arrogance (and denial) amazes me.

    Hitman
    <hr></blockquote>

    U're Belittling REED's REEDing Skills & Then U Mention ARROGANCE,a Couple Words Later???...

    Hmmmmm...

    Well Let's Just Say,HITMAN AIN'T the Most MODEST Mother Phucker Out There,Either...

    Yori Boy Questioned Whittakers RESUME & Basically Attributed his Success 2 the FACT that Pernell was a SOUTHPAW...

    4 ALL his "Analysis",he was Waaaaaaay Off on these 2 VERY Critical Points...


    REED [​IMG]
     
  7. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hitman:



    when ARE those reading glasses getting in reed? ok, i'll type it AGAIN:

    190, 175, 168, 160, 147

    Hitman
    <hr></blockquote>

    LB 4 LB???....Yeah,that's What REED THOUGHT it Said...

    4 of THE 10 Best Fighters N the WORLD Fight N Those Weight Ranges...

    RJ,Hopkins,Forrest,Mosley...

    REED [​IMG]
     
  8. Rebel

    Rebel Admin

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by REED:


    Dude Please...
    :rolleyes:

    It's Waaaaaaay 2 Easy 2 Scoff @ the Arguments Being Made...REED Presented a STRONG Case,N his Initial Posts...Re-REED it...

    How Bout U Make a Case 4 Why Roy ISN'T??...

    REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

    Give me a break. You haven't proven shit. Let's keep it simple.

    Explain to me why RJJ is a greater fighter than Sugar Ray Leonard and Sweet Pea Whittaker. Please attempt to convince the forum how he merits a higher ranking than those two PROVEN all-time greats.

    Edify us.
    :rolleyes:
     
  9. The Hitman

    The Hitman Hitman

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by REED:


    U're Belittling REED's REEDing Skills & Then U Mention ARROGANCE,a Couple Words Later???...

    Hmmmmm...

    Well Let's Just Say,HITMAN AIN'T the Most MODEST Mother Phucker Out There,Either...

    Yori Boy Questioned Whittakers RESUME & Basically Attributed his Success 2 the FACT that Pernell was a SOUTHPAW...

    4 ALL his "Analysis",he was Waaaaaaay Off on these 2 VERY Critical Points...


    REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

    what on earth is that supposed to mean? i questioned your reading skills because i have gto constantly type things over and over with you. you come back saying "you didnt back this up" and all that and i have to re-type the same shit.

    yori was off on 2 points? i agree the southpaw thing (i disagreed with him about that in the thread) but his resume criticism was spot on. you certainly never dispelled any of his valid points.... just blamed on him (and the rest of the board) being biased mexicans [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

    Hitman
     
  10. The Hitman

    The Hitman Hitman

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by REED:


    LB 4 LB???....Yeah,that's What REED THOUGHT it Said...

    4 of THE 10 Best Fighters N the WORLD Fight N Those Weight Ranges...

    RJ,Hopkins,Forrest,Mosley...

    REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

    5 of the weakest divisions in boxing? thats what i thought.

    Hitman
     
  11. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rebel:


    Give me a break. You haven't proven shit. Let's keep it simple.

    Explain to me why RJJ is a greater fighter than Sugar Ray Leonard and Sweet Pea Whittaker. Please attempt to convince the forum how he merits a higher ranking than those two PROVEN all-time greats.

    Edify us.
    :rolleyes:
    <hr></blockquote>

    Because Roy Jones is FASTER & Hits HARDER Than Both,While Being Just As,if Not BETTER Defensively...

    Roy has Accomplished Just as Much,N Terms of Titles & has Been Consistently MORE Dominant,Against Good Competition...

    Any MORE Questions???....


    REED [​IMG]
     
  12. Rebel

    Rebel Admin

    BTW, it's too easy to explain to you why he isn't even top 25. I'll get to that later. I don't have time right now.

    I'd like for you to construct a case as to why we're ALL wrong. I'm keeping it simple. Explain to me why he's greater than Sweet Pea or Ray Leonard, two definite top 15 P4P fighters of all time IMO.

    You begin and I'll finish you off.

    BTW, how about using PROPER English for this debate. Your ebonics USHER drivel gives me a headache most of the time.
     
  13. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hitman:


    what on earth is that supposed to mean? i questioned your reading skills because i have gto constantly type things over and over with you. you come back saying "you didnt back this up" and all that and i have to re-type the same shit.

    yori was off on 2 points? i agree the southpaw thing (i disagreed with him about that in the thread) but his resume criticism was spot on. you certainly never dispelled any of his valid points.... just blamed on him (and the rest of the board) being biased mexicans [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

    Hitman
    <hr></blockquote>

    As If REED Ain't Forced 2 Repeat Himself Because of U...Based on That,REED Wouldn't Go Tooting his Horn as a Renowned REEDing Comprehensionist,if he was U...

    While U're "Rolling on the Floor",U Need 2 Re-REED that Thread,Cause REED Provided his OWN Analysis...

    Yori's Criticism was Based Strongly on Whittakers Resume & he was WRONG...He Asked REED 2 Name WHO Whittaker Fought,that was WORTHY @ 135,REED Did & Yori Boy has YET 2 Respond...

    The "Biased Mexican" Thing was the LEAST of REED's Point,N those Posts...

    Check Yourself...

    REED [​IMG]
     
  14. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hitman:


    5 of the weakest divisions in boxing? thats what i thought.

    Hitman
    <hr></blockquote>

    But w/the BEST Fighters...REGARDLESS Of Weight...

    Bottom Line...

    Not 2 Mention ALL the OTHER Divisions,Higher than Diaperweight,that U're CONVENIENTLY Leaving Out...


    REED [​IMG]
     
  15. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rebel:
    BTW, it's too easy to explain to you why he isn't even top 25. I'll get to that later. I don't have time right now.

    I'd like for you to construct a case as to why we're ALL wrong. I'm keeping it simple. Explain to me why he's greater than Sweet Pea or Ray Leonard, two definite top 15 P4P fighters of all time IMO.

    You begin and I'll finish you off.

    BTW, how about using PROPER English for this debate. Your ebonics USHER drivel gives me a headache most of the time.
    <hr></blockquote>

    This is Some WEAK A$$ $HIT,REBEL...

    It's COMPLETELY Unprofessional of U,as the Person Who Runs this Board,2 Come @ Me on this Racially Tinged BULL$HIT...

    Knowing FULL Well that if REED Retaliates,ALL U'll Do is Ban Me...

    EXHIBIT A:REBEL's "NAPOLEAN COMPLEX" on Display...

    U,ya Brother & a Thousand Aliases,COULDN'T Finish REED Off...Come w/It,if U All That...

    But If your Reply is Gonna B Along the Lines Of "He's NEVER Fought ANYBODY",Then Save It...

    Cause ONLY a Ridiculously BIASED Trick Would Resort 2 that Line of Defense...

    That "Ho $hit" DON'T Work on REED...

    If U Don't Like REED's Typing,Don't Phucking Reply...

    REED [​IMG]

    [ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: REED ]

    [ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: REED ]</p>
     
  16. Rebel

    Rebel Admin

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by REED:


    This is Some WEAK A$$ $HIT,REBEL...

    It's COMPLETELY Unprofessional of U,as the Person Who Runs this Board,2 Come @ Me on this Racially Tinged BULL$HIT...

    Knowing FULL Well that if REED Retaliates,ALL U'll Do is Ban Me...

    EXHIBIT A:REBEL's "NAPOLEAN COMPLEX" on Display...

    REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

    As a minority communicating with another minority, listen up. It's nothing personal. I just want you to make a solid case for your boy using language that I can comprehend.

    How would you feel if I came at you with something like:

    "RJJ is not P4P 1 HOMIE and let me tell why ESE. He ain't #1 P4P because his punk ass ain't never ever cleared out a division. He's taking EL PASO of least resistance. La neta BUEY. Yo no soy el unico que piensa eso."

    Come off it bro. I'm not a white man trying to hold you back. I'm a minority just like you. [​IMG]

    Now construct your case so I can... [​IMG] YO ass. ;)

    [ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: Rebel ]</p>
     
  17. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rebel:


    As a minority communicating with another minority, listen up. It's nothing personal. I just want you to make a solid case for your boy using language that I can comprehend.

    How would you feel if I came at you with something like:

    "RJJ is not P4P 1 HOMIE and let me tell why ESE. He ain't #1 P4P because his punk ass ain't never ever cleared out a division. He's taking EL PASO of least resistance. La neta BUEY. Yo no soy el unico que piensa eso."

    Come off it bro. I'm not a white man trying to hold you back. I'm a minority just like you. [​IMG]

    Now construct your case so I can... [​IMG] YO ass. ;)

    [ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: Rebel ]
    <hr></blockquote>

    Don't Act as If REED Ain't Speaking ENGLISH...U're Saying That $hit 2 B Funny & it WAS,the 1st 5-10 THOUSAND Times U Did It...

    But as w/ANY Thing Else,$hit Gets Old...

    REED Segue's from Slang 2 $5 Words,w/EASE...Don't Act Like U Can't REED my $hit,it Ain't THAT Difficult...

    Given that U R Mexican,that Makes the Fact U're Sweating ANYBODY Over Proper ENGLISH,All the More LUDACRIS...

    English is NOT my People's Native Tongue Nor Yours...So Why Worry About it???...

    REED's Case 4 Roy has ALREADY Been Presented...


    REED [​IMG]
     
  18. Rebel

    Rebel Admin

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by REED:


    Don't Act as If REED Ain't Speaking ENGLISH...U're Saying That $hit 2 B Funny & it WAS,the 1st 5-10 THOUSAND Times U Did It...

    But as w/ANY Thing Else,$hit Gets Old...

    REED Segue's from Slang 2 $5 Words,w/EASE...Don't Act Like U Can't REED my $hit,it Ain't THAT Difficult...

    Given that U R Mexican,that Makes the Fact U're Sweating ANYBODY Over Proper ENGLISH,All the More LUDACRIS...

    English is NOT my People's Native Tongue Nor Yours...So Why Worry About it???...

    REED's Case 4 Roy has ALREADY Been Presented...


    REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

    I'm Mexican-American. As an American, English is my first language. It is your first language as well, or at least it should be. Your ebonics crap is the only shit getting old up in here.

    You call that a case for Roy? Where? Please lead me to it so I can tear that drivel apart with the greatest of ease.

    [ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: Rebel ]</p>
     
  19. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rebel:


    I'm Mexican-American. As an American, English is my first language. It is your first language as well, or at least it should be. Your ebonics crap is the only shit getting up in here.

    You call that a case for Roy? Where? Please lead me to it so I can tear that driver apart with the greatest of ease.

    [ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: Rebel ]
    <hr></blockquote>

    How Bout U Scroll Up a Tad...REED Responded 2 your Initial Post,Involving RJ,Sugar Ray & Sweet Pea...


    REED [​IMG]
     
  20. Flex "Diesel" Dusty

    Flex "Diesel" Dusty Natural Born Kingpin

    If anyone doesn't think Roy is the greatest, they are using personal prejudice and emotions. All you have to do is watch him. He is amazing. No one ever has done what he does, and does so easily!
     

Share This Page