Why doesn't John Ruiz get more credit?

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

John Ruiz annoys a lot of people. However, if you take a look at the guys track record, he has "quietly" put together a decent resume. He's the virus that no one can get rid of.

Ruiz has victories over Holyfield, Jimmy Thunder, Tony Tucker, Kirk Johnson, Rahman, Oquendo, Golota, and most recently Jameel McCline. Not to mention, Toney cheated against him and he was arguably robbed against Valuev and Chagaev.

Love him or hate him, he just doesn't go away. Therefore, he deserves a title shot against Wlad. Perhaps, Baby Klit can become the first person to legitamtely defeat Ruiz since Holyfield defeated him in 2000. No, I don't count the RJJ fight because RJJ was roided out. :rotf:

So who's with me? Ruiz/Wlad for all the marbles!!!! :clappy:

2. I give him credit... for dragging the heavyweight division into the crapper.

I've been a boxing fan for almost 25 years and I stopped watching heavyweights for a while because of the Ruiz->Holyfield belt pass. He brought the suckiness like few other fighters. Klit may have an off night (or 2 or 3) but watching Ruiz is like scratching your eyes with steel wool.

No thanks.

3. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

I know this is a joke post but Chagaev beat Ruiz real clearly.

4. Yobbo

Yobbo Member

Lewis ducked Ruiz. That should never be forgotten.

5. BULLYSON

BULLYSON Member

why doesn't ruiz get penalized for excessive holding???

6. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

The promised "new" John Ruiz (43-7-1, 29 KOs) seems exactly like the old one. "The Quiet Man" tediously grappled his way to a unanimous decision win over equally disappointing Jameel McCline (39-9-3, 23 KOs). Scores were 117-111, 118-110, and 119-109 in a bout that left the fans in Cancun to entertain themselves by mocking the fighters with chants, catcalls, and whistles normally reserved for the ring card girls.

Thats why.

7. Rebel

Rebel Admin

:coolio:

8. neo_wolf

neo_wolf Boxing Fanatic's greatest

Funny, but Ruiz will most probably get into the HOF because he was the first Latino heavyweight belt holder.

9. TyrantT316

TyrantT316 Member

And probably for being the first that I can think of to lose the HW Championship to former Middleweights

10. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Yeah but he was on roids. :grayupset:

11. Chaos

Chaos Member

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  12. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

I'm sure Ruiz is a nice guy and all but there's no way I will ever sit through another fight of his unless forced to at gunpoint.

13. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Wlad will not fear Ruiz because he's just not a big banger.

Wlad destroys Ruiz rather easily.

:thumb:

14. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

You forgot to add that Ruiz got beat up by a well past his prime blown up middleweight as well.

:thumb:

15. EBIHARA63

EBIHARA63 Member

A very humble man is Ruiz-with a fucken lot to be humble about.

16. john louise makes me sick....grab and jab, hold and clutch...

if it wasnt for his tag team partners(joe 'fair but firm' my azz' cortez and don 'only in america' king) i dont think he beats holy in that 2nd fight so no 3rd fight and doesnt beat johnson

LL would have destroyed this fraud

all i know is that he let ole roy punk his asss

i do give him credit for coming back from that 18 second ko by tua, but thats about it...

he made alot of money thanks to king, but the whole 'first latino heavyweight champion' really didnt fly, imo

the heavyweight division would have been better off without ruiz

17. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Ruiz is like Jason, you can't kill the fucker and he's badass. :clappy:

18. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

WTF, all of a sudden you like to slurp rican cum?

:lol:

19. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Callate pinchi Eros mamavergas. :lol:

20. Eric0816

Eric0816 Lolo Jones fan

Chagaev clearly beat Ruiz. Then again Rebel has never seen the fight.