Why do Trinidad fans have such a hard time admitting DLH is a better fighter?????

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by esk59, Sep 10, 2002.

1. SuperJ

SuperJ Member

So Chu Chu, was it then Alcazar that wanted him to close those final rounds that way. Can you 100% confirm that and what did they say? Thanks.

2. hazza

hazza Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperJ:

I disagree, after the fight Tito also threw his hands up to show he felt victorious,,,
    <hr></blockquote>

yes he did but there was this surprised look on his face immediately preceding that.

3. esk59

esk59 Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CHUCHU:

Ive told you guys before. My buddies are in team delahoya. My bud told me (he was in the ring and over heard Tito) that when tito when up to oscar before the announcement he thought he had lost and congratulated him.

He said "me ganaste" a couple of times. Its the truth. My boy doesnt lie. Shit even he was pissed because oscar listened to his corner and didnt fight tito the last 3 rounds. So he wouldnt make excuses for Oscar or anything like that.

chuchu
    <hr></blockquote>

For those who don't speak spanish, "me ganaste" means "you beat me".

So CHUCHU's friend over heard Trinidad going over to Oscar and telling him, "you beat me", "you beat me" at least twice. He did it to congratulate Oscar.

Thanks for info CHUCHU. I didn't previously know about this.

[ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: esk59 ]</p>

4. raffyc66

raffyc66 Member

"Tito wanted to quit against Vargas"- ESK

"Tito told Oscar "you beat me" at their fight"- ChuChu

PLEASE!!! Welcome ChuChu to the "Garbage Pail Kids of the Net" club:

1. Esk
    2. QWERTY
    3. ChuChu

What a crew! [​IMG]

5. SuperJ

SuperJ Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hazza:

yes he did but there was this surprised look on his face immediately preceding that.
    <hr></blockquote>

I dont know,, to me it was joy.

6. raffyc66

raffyc66 Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mex fighter:

to answer your question again, mexican fighter styles are not suited for winning olympic medals, it is suited for winning world championships.

dlh was one of a few because he is an excellent boxer.

oh yeah, you guys have camacho sr, jr, big bad powerful calderon, etc. (perfect style for olympic gold)

[​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

How pathetic!!! :rolleyes:

Never mind Joe! I didn't made the question originally...

I would've ask Who was the idiot that stated that Mexico was a "power" in Baseball?? BUAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. hazza

hazza Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by esk59:

For those who don't speak spanish, "me ganaste" means "you beat me".

So CHUCHU's friend over heard Trinidad going over to Oscar and telling him, "you beat me", "you beat me" at least twice. He did it to congratulate Oscar.

Thanks for info CHUCHU. I didn't previously know about this.
    <hr></blockquote>

its a shame this dialogue never made it on tape, otherwise there would be no doubt it was a bad decision.

8. esk59

esk59 Member

I dont know,, to me it was joy.
    <hr></blockquote>

Do you have the fight on tape? Or are you going from memory and pics on the web?

9. Lefthooker

Lefthooker Member

I was joking around. Before the fight I predicted Trinidad would win by TKO in the middle to late rounds.

But you wanna cling to that joke so be my guest.
    <hr></blockquote>Yes, it was almost as funny as 'Tyson KO1 Lewis' Hell. I'm still laughing!
    I am curious though, why you think if DLH beats Nando with relative ease, it somehow diminishes Titos' greatness?
    Vargas, it is widely acknowleged, is NOT the same fighter he was before Trinidad destroyed him. So, surely any fool can see that this should be an easier fight for Oscar than the one Trinidad had on his hands when he met Fernando, no?
    Here's some reality for you...
    DLH is one hell of a fighter. He lost a razor close decision to Trinidad.For me, it was a dull, disappointing affair and by the time it was over, I didn't think EITHER guy did enough to win!The point is, it wasn't some robbery that will always be viewed as a black eye on the sport ( like Ramirez - Whittaker), I remember thinking a draw would not be out of the question on the night of the fight.
    Look at what Trinidad has done since then . He has established himself as the most fearless and 'old school' warrior on the scene - bar none!
    You keep making it sound as though his defeat to Hopkins - a HUGE and brilliant middleweight - is something to be ashamed of...but it only occured because Trinidad had the courage to keep on pushing the envelope. He is to be admired for that - not scorned.
    DeLaHoya is a wonderful and gifted champion, but Tito Trinidad is the superior FIGHTER.

10. CHUCHU

CHUCHU Marquez is God!!!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by raffyc66:
    "Tito wanted to quit against Vargas"- ESK

"Tito told Oscar "you beat me" at their fight"- ChuChu

PLEASE!!! Welcome ChuChu to the "Garbage Pail Kids of the Net" club:

1. Esk
    2. QWERTY
    3. ChuChu

What a crew! [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

look bro I have no reason to lie. If you dont believe oh well. I know its the truth.

chuchu

11. CHUCHU

CHUCHU Marquez is God!!!

So Chu Chu, was it then Alcazar that wanted him to close those final rounds that way. Can you 100% confirm that and what did they say? Thanks.<hr></blockquote>

Ive never asked. I doubt I will be able to find out anytime soon. All my buds are in Vegas, and even then I only see them when my brother has a party or something.

However I think I remember Clancy telling oscar that it was in the bag and not to engage. I saw it on the replay cause I was at the fight.

chuchu

12. SuperJ

SuperJ Member

Do you have the fight on tape? Or are you going from memory and pics on the web?
    <hr></blockquote>

I saw the fight few times and then I felt the same way as you that he was surprised initially but I watched again after having this 'very same' discussion over a year ago,,,and paid attention to just that,, I felt I was wrong,,,

13. raffyc66

raffyc66 Member

look bro I have no reason to lie. If you dont believe oh well. I know its the truth.

chuchu
    <hr></blockquote>

I ain't lying either, joe.

You have truly graduated from a "disser" to a Star Knucklehead! Congratulations! [​IMG]

"I know its the truth." :rolleyes: The hell you do!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

14. esk59

esk59 Member

I saw the fight few times and then I felt the same way as you that he was surprised initially but I watched again after having this 'very same' discussion over a year ago,,,and paid attention to just that,, I felt I was wrong,,,
    <hr></blockquote>

So you don't have the tape, ok. Thank you.

15. esk59

esk59 Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lefthooker:
    Yes, it was almost as funny as 'Tyson KO1 Lewis' Hell. I'm still laughing!
    I am curious though, why you think if DLH beats Nando with relative ease, it somehow diminishes Titos' greatness?
    Vargas, it is widely acknowleged, is NOT the same fighter he was before Trinidad destroyed him. So, surely any fool can see that this should be an easier fight for Oscar than the one Trinidad had on his hands when he met Fernando, no?
    DLH is one hell of a fighter. He lost a razor close decision to Trinidad.For me, it was a dull, disappointing affair and by the time it was over, I didn't think EITHER guy did enough to win!The point is, it wasn't some robbery that will always be viewed as a black eye on the sport ( like Ramirez - Whittaker), I remember thinking a draw would not be out of the question on the night of the fight.
    Look at what Trinidad has done since then . He has established himself as the most fearless and 'old school' warrior on the scene - bar none!
    You keep making it sound as though his defeat to Hopkins - a HUGE and brilliant middleweight - is something to be ashamed of...but it only occured because Trinidad had the courage to keep on pushing the envelope. He is to be admired for that - not scorned.
    DeLaHoya is a wonderful and gifted champion, but Tito Trinidad is the superior FIGHTER.
    <hr></blockquote>

Actually I was serious about Tyson beating Lewis, that's why I put my money where my mouth was.

How much did I bet on Cherifi? It was a joke. Not only that, but I made it clear before the fight that I thought Trinidad would beat THE BUM Cherifi easily.

As far as what a DLH victory over Vargas will mean, it's hard to say right now.

If DLH hits Vargas with something and hurts him early and knocks him out, I wouldn't give DLH too much credit because i'd say that Vargas isn't the same fighter that fought Trinidad.

However, if Vargas looks great and DLH just shows is superior boxing skills, speed, chin, power and so on, i'll be very impressed.

I do however think that all the Trinidad fans will cling on to the excuse that Vargas was ruined by Trinidad no matter how DLH beats him IF he beats him.

And lefthooker, you are quick to accuse me of wanting to diminish Trinidad but honestly, if Vargas wins, the Trinidad fans will praise Trinidad to no end. The will say that *that* means Trinidad is a better fighter than DLH.

All I know is that it's gonna be a great fight and I can't wait.

And you can't say that Trinidad is a better fighter than DLH.

You don't consider *longevity* when rating a fighter?

DLH is still active and has his best fights ahead of him.

Trinidad is retired.

If DLH beats Vargas then has a superfight with Forrest and wins, his legacy will FAR EXCEED Trinidad's.

Hell the two met in the ring and DLH won.

I gave DLH the first 9 rounds and Trinidad the last 3.

Harold Ledderman gave Trinidad rounds 4, 5, 9, 10, 11 and 12. He had it a draw.

By punchstat DLH LANDED 97 MORE PUNCHES THAN TRINIDAD IN THE FIGHT

He outlanded Trinidad in every category.

I think the most anyone can do is give Trinidad rounds 4, 9, 10, 11 and 12. He still loses the fight under this scenerio.

But two of the three judges GAVE DLH THE 9TH ROUND and that was supposed to be a running round.

DLH only ran the final 3 rounds. HE WON THE 9th ROUND.

But let's say you're like Ledderman and give Trinidad rounds 4,5,9,10,11, and 12, that still only makes it a draw.

And to give round 5 to Trinidad is a TRAVESTY. DLH out threw him and outlanded him TWOFOLD and DLH BUCKLED Trinidad that round.

We can analize the fight till the cows come home but DLH won the fight. It's as clear as day.

Even in lay terms, DLH won.

What did DLH do to win. He outboxed Trinidad 3/4 of the fight.

What did Trinidad do to win. He chased DLH the last 3 and said "yo gane, ok", "yo gane, ok" after the fight.

DLH won the fight and it's sad that you would without serious thought say that Trinidad is a better fighter than DLH.

16. Boricua A

Boricua A Guest

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lefthooker:
    Yes, it was almost as funny as 'Tyson KO1 Lewis' Hell. I'm still laughing!
    <hr></blockquote>

Good post. No shame in losing to a 6'2 natural middle weigh who is also a great fighter like Hopkins, It's not like he lost to a blown up light weigh, who was moving 2 divisions up like someone we know. [​IMG]

17. Valentino

Valentino Member

Ive told you guys before. My buddies are in team delahoya. My bud told me (he was in the ring and over heard Tito) that when tito when up to oscar before the announcement he thought he had lost and congratulated him.

He said "me ganaste" a couple of times. Its the truth. My boy doesnt lie. Shit even he was pissed because oscar listened to his corner and didnt fight tito the last 3 rounds. So he wouldnt make excuses for Oscar or anything like that.

chuchu
    <hr></blockquote>

Dude...that was a VERY RELIABLE source (a "Team De La Hoya").

What Trinidad actually told ODLH (after the verdict was anounced):

"Valgo los $8 Millones?" ("Am I worth the $8 Million?")

That was in reference to some comments ODLH made during the negotiations that "Tito is not worth $8 Millions".

Chuchu, congratulations!

You are the first poster that has put his reputation down the drain in TWO message boards (Boxing and Non-Boxing).

18. Boricua A

Boricua A Guest

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valentino:

That was in reference to some comments ODLH made during the negotiations that "Tito is not worth $8 Millions".

Chuchu, congratulations!

You are the first poster that has put his reputation down the drain in TWO message boards (Boxing and Non-Boxing).
    <hr></blockquote>

LOL!

19. CHUCHU

CHUCHU Marquez is God!!!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valentino:

Chuchu, congratulations!

<hr></blockquote>

Valerie,

Ok pendejo. Look dude I dont go telling people that I know oscar. I have met him and partied with him many times. All his bodyguards and and his close friends are close friends of mine. Thats why I know. Dont believe me Valerie. I dont give a fuck...

Do you guys remember who broke the story on oscars hand and that the fight was cancelled the last time???

That was me.

A week before a came out anywhere...

chuchu

20. BIGDAWG

BIGDAWG Member

Can I ask you cats a question. If DLH ran for the final 3 rounds against Tito and is called a chicken for doing so. What did Leonard do ask Hagler. I recall seeing Leonard on his bike the whole entire fight. But yet Leonard is praised for such a masterful performance while DLH gets blasted.

Now to answer the question to the thread. And yes it seems as if every Tito fans want to see Vargas beat DLH. Why? Why the anamosity if you feel that Tito really won the fight. But deep down you guys know that DLH exposed Tito. My bad let me answer the question. First off both fighters are all-time greats. But in saying that DLH has more versatility. He can do it all. Now Tito is more dominating as far as the power factor. But we all saw that once your power gets negated (Tito vs DLH, Tito vs Hops) there's nothing else. That being said I truly feel that DLH is the more complete all around fighter. Now that' not taking anything away from Tito. Tito to me is the greatest PR fighter ever. He just don't have all of the skills that DLH has. I'll Holla 5000