Why do Trinidad fans have such a hard time admitting DLH is a better fighter?????

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by esk59, Sep 10, 2002.

1. raffyc66

raffyc66 Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by esk59:

The truth is you cried like a woman when Trinidad lost to Hopkins.

Now you hate me and anyone else that has given Trinidad just criticism in the past.

What do you love Trinidad so much? He's a rich bastard that is loved and gets mad pussy.

Worry about your damn self. The man is afraid of Hopkins and honestly DLH is a better fighter.

I say he's afraid of Hopkins cause he refuses to take the rematch even though Hopkins and King went to Puerto Rico with a signed contract.

I say DLH is better cause in my opinion he beat him in the first fight. In a rematch, I think DLH will come in better shape and outclass him for the full 12.

And I say worry about yourself cause you care more about Trinidad than your damn self.

If I said fuck you raffy, you wouldn't be as upset as if I said fuck Trinidad. That is a problem.
    <hr></blockquote>

What did you just said about Tito???!!!...
    [​IMG]

"Now you hate me and anyone else that has given Trinidad just criticism in the past."

There lies the problem... "just critizism" is acceptable. The 300 bullshit lies per second you spew is not "just critizism" is HATE. There's no other way to explain your obsession with All Time Great Felix "Tito" Trinidad.

Also, you have made offensive comments towards Puertorricans in various occassions, Rebs, Laz and my Boricua Brothers to name a few, know the truth. You are such a coward, you won't even accept that fact.

Please, cease to exist!!!... [​IMG] (metaphorically speaking: "in the net", Punisher) [​IMG]

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

yo esk, in the puerto rican site called nocaut.com (raffy, i'm plugging your site, so you owe me some cash), ALL THE RICANS CLAIM THAT TITO "LE COMIO EL CULO A DLH", which roughly translates to "tito beat dlhs' ass".

don't deny it, raffy.

no further words are necessary. if tito beat dlhs ass, then ayala beat dianzos ass, too.

i think the ricans are pissed because tito had his flag stepped on, got knocked the fuck out, and retired like a bitch. damn, what a way to go, eh?
    [​IMG]

3. raffyc66

raffyc66 Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mex fighter:
    yo esk, in the puerto rican site called nocaut.com (raffy, i'm plugging your site, so you owe me some cash), ALL THE RICANS CLAIM THAT TITO "LE COMIO EL CULO A DLH", which roughly translates to "tito beat dlhs' ass".

don't deny it, raffy.

no further words are necessary. if tito beat dlhs ass, then ayala beat dianzos ass, too.

i think the ricans are pissed because tito had his flag stepped on, got knocked the fuck out, and retired like a bitch. damn, what a way to go, eh?
    <hr></blockquote>

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Que clase de cabron eres...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

You are crying over the net and asking your buddies for help, because someone asked you HOW MANY OLYMPIC MEDALS DOES MEXICO HAS??? ;)

Puerto Rico has 4...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

"yo Esk..." what a biatch!!!

4. HOMICIDE

HOMICIDE 2011 Super Bowl Champs

don't deny it, raffy.

[​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

AT LEAST HE DIDNT DIE....OKAY THAT WAS A LOW BLOW...BUT IM NOT SOFT...OR AM I........
    :D SANCHEZ BLOWS

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: *PUNISHER* ]</p>

5. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

don't deny it, raffy.

[​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

Why is it that I don't ever hear you trashing Salvador Sanchez about his gift victories?? :confused: [​IMG]

6. g-man

g-man Guest

mex to be correct actually that thing up there does not translate to titi beat dlh's ass..
    it translates to tito ATE dlh's ass..
    g.

7. el patron

el patron Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valdosta:

Why is it that I don't ever hear you trashing Salvador Sanchez about his gift victories?? :confused: [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

Because he never received any. Hater! [​IMG]

8. Valentino

Valentino Member

A head-to-head fight doesn't make one fighter better than another.

Shit...Honeygan was NOT better than Curry. Look at their careers!

And Marcel was CERTAINLY not a better FEATHERWEIGHT or FIGHTER than Alexis Arguello.

I don't think that Junior Jones can be considered or ranked ahead of Barrera either.

You MUST look at their ENTIRE careers and you will see that Trinidad is a better fighter. When I think about Trinidad, I also think about Chavez, Lopez, Holyfield, and Whitaker.

The first fight was inconclusive. Although, I cannot see ODLH comming out with a victory. Not with that running and shit. Draw? Maybe.

I think that ONE of TWO things would have had happened if ODLH would have standed and FOUGHT Trinidad

1- ODLH would have won a clear decision
    2- Trinidad would have stopped ODLH or at worst knocked him down more than once.

But we will never know. I wish both would have fought again at 154 lbs. Arum didn't allow that fight to happen. ODLH didn't want to fight Trinidad either (at 154 lbs)

ALL that SAID...I'm picking ODLH over Fernando Vargas. I wouldn't be surprise if ODLH scores a knockdown too.

9. ronnnn

ronnnn Guest

it seems all people talk about is how dlh "ran" for the final 3-4 rds, it seems to increase over the yrs.........

i had him winning the fight, and he was on his bike.....

alot of fighters have done it....why should he get singled out?

granted, i have flipped back and forth...i thought dlh won the fight initially, but then thought tito did.....but i'm not going to penalize dlh for those last 4 rds, when i thought he clearly was outboxing him the first 8....

even tito's expression after he was announced the winner told it all.......

in all fairness, a draw would have been acceptable, but i still think DLH won that fight....

no way tito did...

10. Valentino

Valentino Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ron Champ Miller:

even tito's expression after he was announced the winner told it all.......

in all fairness, a draw would have been acceptable, but i still think DLH won that fight....

no way tito did...
    <hr></blockquote>

The Tito's expression thing is the biggest bullshit I've ever read from people that has no concept of the Spanish Language and what Trinidad was SAYING (while looking at the camera) PRIOR to the announcement.

He CLEARLY said, "Yo gane. Yo gane." While nodding (with his arroga..well, confident face).

It is on tape, and it is clear:

"YO gane" means "I won".

Oh, I see...he was CELEBRATING. Shit...ODLH CELEBRATED in a similar fashion when he KTFO of Chavez too!

I scored the fight a draw. I have no argument is somebody scored for Trinidad or even ODLH.

And there is NO WAY in hell that ODLH took all the first 8 rounds. That's ridiculous. Throwing punches in the thin AIR (not hitting a target) and punches that for that matter had little effect on Trinidad (shit Trinidad didn't CHANGE his fight plan)cannot grant 2/3 of an entire fight.

The first two rounds could have gone either way. The fourth round was Trinidad.

Trinidad either DREW or ODLH LOST (I don't think Trinidad won, I think if anything ODLH lost)that fight.

BOTH fighters were CHAMPIONS. And when you have both fighters DEFENDING their TITLES, then you have to see who wants to TAKE that title away.

Trinidad fought like a man that wanted to take that title away. Trinidad in fact didn't change his fight plan (ODLH did). Showing me that his plan super-impossed over ODLH's plan. In fact, ODLH couldn't maintain his fight plan. They reason was simple: Trinidad.

And ODLH later on (as far back as couple of weeks ago) even had the face to say that he RATHER RUN than get KNOCK DOWN or TKO. He has admitted that he was tired and was afraid he was going to get KO. And he has ACEPTED that he lost that fight.

That alone is good enough for me.

The scary part is that he fought Trinidad UNDER his (ODLH and ARUM's) term. And a drained Trinidad at that. In a rematch, they would have had fought under Tito's and KING's terms...and at 154 lbs. A very scary thought.

The cards were stacked on ODLH's favor (HBO, PROMOTER, SITE LOCATION, WEIGHT, etc.). And he couldn't pull it out. Even when he fought extremely well for over half of the fight. He BLEW it.

How I would have scored the fight? I score the fight a DRAW. However, only one fighter DESERVED to LOSE that fight: ODLH.

No fighter that RUNS due to FEAR (as later admitted by ODLH)and has ALL THE CARDS STACK in his favor and the blews it, deserves to win a FIGHT.

ODLH knows he LOST too.

Regardless of what you or most of the fans say. The fact remains the same:

1- Close fight
    2- Trinidad super-imposed himself
    3- ODLH ran
    4- ODLH had the DECK stacked in his favor with HBO (Tito was SHOWTIME), Bob Arum (promoter of the fight), Las Vegas (Bob Arum's home and Oscar's West Coast site), Weight (Tito drained for one last fight), and Judges (yep, the same one that scored a HUGE advantage of ODLH over Whitaker)

And you are telling me that NO WAY Tito DESERVED to WIN that fight? How many fighters would have taken that fight under those circunstance???

Now...if a man that RUNS out of fear (ADMITTED that too) deserves to WIN a fight. Then Boxing is not the sport it used to be in the 70s and 80s.

And save the "strategy" excuse for somebody else. ODLH (when doesn't have ARUM speaking for him) has ADMITTED that he lost to Trinidad and Mosley. And that he RAN because he rather RUN than getting KO like Vargas. ODLH's words NOT mine.

Point is:

NONE deserved to WIN that fight...but ODLH deserved to LOSE the fight. And that is exactly what happened. Fuck the draw. NOBODY won. But ODLH lost. That's the way I see it.

[ September 11, 2002: Message edited by: Valentino ]</p>

11. esk59

esk59 Member

don't deny it, raffy.

[​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

Damn, now I know where raffy is coming from. He posts at those ridiculous nut hugger sites and after a while starts to believe that crap.

Then when anyone says DLH is a better fighter he gets offended.

raffy, DLH beat Trinidad, get that through your thick skull.

12. esk59

esk59 Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by g-man:
    mex to be correct actually that thing up there does not translate to titi beat dlh's ass..
    it translates to tito ATE dlh's ass..
    g.
    <hr></blockquote>

I noticed that too. In that case it's very possible that he did or wants to.

13. ronnnn

ronnnn Guest

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valentino:

The Tito's expression thing is the biggest bullshit I've ever read from people that has no concept of the Spanish Language and what Trinidad was SAYING (while looking at the camera) PRIOR to the announcement.

He CLEARLY said, "Yo gane. Yo gane." While nodding (with his arroga..well, confident face).

It is on tape, and it is clear:

"YO gane" means "I won".

Oh, I see...he was CELEBRATING. Shit...ODLH CELEBRATED in a similar fashion when he KTFO of Chavez too!

I scored the fight a draw. I have no argument is somebody scored for Trinidad or even ODLH.

And there is NO WAY in hell that ODLH took all the first 8 rounds. That's ridiculous. Throwing punches in the thin AIR (not hitting a target) and punches that for that matter had little effect on Trinidad (shit Trinidad didn't CHANGE his fight plan)cannot grant 2/3 of an entire fight.

The first two rounds could have gone either way. The fourth round was Trinidad.

Trinidad either DREW or ODLH LOST (I don't think Trinidad won, I think if anything ODLH lost)that fight.

BOTH fighters were CHAMPIONS. And when you have both fighters DEFENDING their TITLES, then you have to see who wants to TAKE that title away.

Trinidad fought like a man that wanted to take that title away. Trinidad in fact didn't change his fight plan (ODLH did). Showing me that his plan super-impossed over ODLH's plan. In fact, ODLH couldn't maintain his fight plan. They reason was simple: Trinidad.

And ODLH later on (as far back as couple of weeks ago) even had the face to say that he RATHER RUN than get KNOCK DOWN or TKO. He has admitted that he was tired and was afraid he was going to get KO. And he has ACEPTED that he lost that fight.

That alone is good enough for me.

The scary part is that he fought Trinidad UNDER his (ODLH and ARUM's) term. And a drained Trinidad at that. In a rematch, they would have had fought under Tito's and KING's terms...and at 154 lbs. A very scary thought.

The cards were stacked on ODLH's favor (HBO, PROMOTER, SITE LOCATION, WEIGHT, etc.). And he couldn't pull it out. Even when he fought extremely well for over half of the fight. He BLEW it.

How I would have scored the fight? I score the fight a DRAW. However, only one fighter DESERVED to LOSE that fight: ODLH.

No fighter that RUNS due to FEAR (as later admitted by ODLH)and has ALL THE CARDS STACK in his favor and the blews it, deserves to win a FIGHT.

ODLH knows he LOST too.

Regardless of what you or most of the fans say. The fact remains the same:

1- Close fight
    2- Trinidad super-imposed himself
    3- ODLH ran
    4- ODLH had the DECK stacked in his favor with HBO (Tito was SHOWTIME), Bob Arum (promoter of the fight), Las Vegas (Bob Arum's home and Oscar's West Coast site), Weight (Tito drained for one last fight), and Judges (yep, the same one that scored a HUGE advantage of ODLH over Whitaker)

And you are telling me that NO WAY Tito DESERVED to WIN that fight? How many fighters would have taken that fight under those circunstance???

Now...if a man that RUNS out of fear (ADMITTED that too) deserves to WIN a fight. Then Boxing is not the sport it used to be in the 70s and 80s.

And save the "strategy" excuse for somebody else. ODLH (when doesn't have ARUM speaking for him) has ADMITTED that he lost to Trinidad and Mosley. And that he RAN because he rather RUN than getting KO like Vargas. ODLH's words NOT mine.

Point is:

NONE deserved to WIN that fight...but ODLH deserved to LOSE the fight. And that is exactly what happened. Fuck the draw. NOBODY won. But ODLH lost. That's the way I see it.

[ September 11, 2002: Message edited by: Valentino ]
    <hr></blockquote>

good post ced....i'm not disagreeing with anything you have said......most of what you said i already know, or is common knowledge...
    thanx for educating me about tito's expression.i did not know that, but if you had not told me, i would have thunk otherwise, it looked like he had lost to me..and then was surprised with the verdict.....you see?

let me say a few things however..

firstly, i didnt mean that dlh had a 8-0 lead going into the 9th.......

just out of curiosity. how did you score each rd?

i will have to rewatch it myself.....i havent seen it since that night....

14. esk59

esk59 Member

It's true that Trinidad said "yo gane", "yo gane" before the decision was announced.

But he was saying it in defiance as if he knew he wasn't gonna get the decision and wanted to start some controversy after the fight.

When he realized he won the fight, he couldn't believe it. He was positive he was gonna lose. He tilted his head back and started crying in shock and joy. He thought he had lost for sure.

So that is a good point about Trinidad's expression after the fight.

And DLH didn't run for the last 4 rounds, only for the last 3 rounds. DLH won the 9th round with a good body attack early in the round. Trinidad did nothing that round.

I think DLH won most if not all the first 9 rounds.

And DLH would've been an idiot to try and fight Trinidad in those last 3 rounds. He was dead tired. He would've gotten knocked out or taken a beating.

That's why DLH is a better fighter than Trinidad, he's smart.

He used his head and prevaled. After the fight DLH was in shock. He said "I displayed boxing, I guess all you guys appreciate is my brawling style. I can do that too but oh well, I just guess it wasn't my night" Something like that.

They asked him what went wrong, he said "nothing, my plan did work. I boxed beautifully."

DLH knew he won the fight. King with his big smile in the background knew that also.

If Trinidad really beat DLH, then Chavez vs Whitaker was really a draw.

15. hazza

hazza Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by esk59:
    It's true that Trinidad said "yo gane", "yo gane" before the decision was announced.

But he was saying it in defiance as if he knew he wasn't gonna get the decision and wanted to start some controversy after the fight.

When he realized he won the fight, he couldn't believe it. He was positive he was gonna lose. He tilted his head back and started crying in shock and joy. He thought he had lost for sure.

So that is a good point about Trinidad's expression after the fight.
    <hr></blockquote>

i agree with you esk.

my mate, livid with the decision, yelled at the monitor yeah well why did you look so surprised when you won (after tito said something like i knew i won all along etc). and its true, tito did have a look of surprise on his face when the dec came out.

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

come on gman, i know they literally say, tito ATE his ass, but they are saying he BEAT his ass, but with different words.

no mames (that literally means, don't suck) but i'm saying, don't be a friggin douche bag.

17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by raffyc66:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Que clase de cabron eres...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

You are crying over the net and asking your buddies for help, because someone asked you HOW MANY OLYMPIC MEDALS DOES MEXICO HAS??? ;)

Puerto Rico has 4...

"yo Esk..." what a biatch!!!
    <hr></blockquote>
    to answer your question again, mexican fighter styles are not suited for winning olympic medals, it is suited for winning world championships.

dlh was one of a few because he is an excellent boxer.

oh yeah, you guys have camacho sr, jr, big bad powerful calderon, etc. (perfect style for olympic gold)

[​IMG]

18. SuperJ

SuperJ Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hazza:

i agree with you esk.

my mate, livid with the decision, yelled at the monitor yeah well why did you look so surprised when you won (after tito said something like i knew i won all along etc). and its true, tito did have a look of surprise on his face when the dec came out.
    <hr></blockquote>

I disagree, after the fight Tito also threw his hands up to show he felt victorious,,,

19. SuperJ

SuperJ Member

20. CHUCHU

CHUCHU Marquez is God!!!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperJ:

I disagree, after the fight Tito also threw his hands up to show he felt victorious,,,
    <hr></blockquote>

Ive told you guys before. My buddies are in team delahoya. My bud told me (he was in the ring and over heard Tito) that when tito when up to oscar before the announcement he thought he had lost and congratulated him.

He said "me ganaste" a couple of times. Its the truth. My boy doesnt lie. Shit even he was pissed because oscar listened to his corner and didnt fight tito the last 3 rounds. So he wouldnt make excuses for Oscar or anything like that.

chuchu