What's P4P list

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Hawaiianpunch, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Remus

Remus Member

Yeah this is true. Tyson has a pretty interesting podcast at the moment though.

2. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I can think of 4 era's that were hands down worse than this. When Tunney retired in 1928 to when Louis won the title in 1937 there were 5 heavyweight champions who manged three successful title defenses between them and three of them didn't have any. Between 1959 when Patterson lost the title to Johannsen and when Ali beat Liston in their rematch in 1965 there were only 7 heavyweight title fights between 5 fighters. Patterson, Johannsen, Liston, Ali and Tom McNeely. The WBA title after Ali retired and their champions were Tate, Weaver, Dokes, Coetzee, Page, Witherspoon, Smith, Tubbs, and when both Klitchko brothers were champions. All of those were far worse than this era.

mex fighter likes this.
  3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Canelo was heavily criticized by the media and fans for taking on Kovalev. Because Kovalev was "an old washed up fighter". But these same people (not saying you) are giving Wilder full credit for taking on Ortiz next weekend. Couple of facts. Kovalev was a champion at 175 and at 36 is still younger than Ortiz who is a 40. Btw Ortiz was knocked out and has never been a Champion.

4. Remus

Remus Member

Ortiz is a good fighter. Yes he is old, but the HW division is not the same as the smaller guys. In HW, shit can get real from one punch very quickly in a way that no other division can just cos of the sheer power and size of these dudes. That’s the ONLY credit I even gave RJJ back in the day. Regardless of how bad Ruiz was, he was still a HW and that still brought a threat to the table.

Why Ortiz ? Well who else can he fight ? He can’t fight Joshua or Ruiz cos they have a rematch coming up. Fury doesn’t seem too keen. He’s enjoying himself and truth be told, he holds the cards since their first fight. Fury needed wilder in the ring but given he won 8 rnds against wilder, Fury has his “legitimacy”. Deontay needs Fury more than Fury needs Deontay. Fury knows this so he’s taking his sweet time.

So I ask you...who’s left ? You know what would make me happiest of all ? That Ruiz beats them all. I don’t think it’s a good look for the division mind you but I’d love that little pudgy Mexican fucker to rule undisputed.

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Lol yeah Andy is a happy go lucky type of guy. I wouldnt mind seeing him beat Joshua and go on to beat Wilder. But I think the first fight between Joshua and Ruiz was a fluke. A more likely scenario would both Joshua and Wilder win by knockout and go on to face each other for one of the biggest ppv events in recent times.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

difference between Ortiz and kovalev is that Ortiz is well rested for this fight. kovalev fought 2 months ago and was 5 seconds from being knocked the fuck out.

think about it...he rested for 1 week after nearly being knocked out and got back into training camp to fight freckles. NO ONE does that.

7. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

My p4p list would look something like this.

1. Canelo
    2.Crawford
    3. Pacquio
    4.Lomachenko
    5.Usyk
    6.Berbietvol
    7.Estrada
    8.Inou
    9.Ruiz(if he gets past Joshua)
    10.?

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

brah, there is only 1 p4p king.

#2 means hes NOT p4p so why add more to the list.

9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

The word on the street is that the ticket sales for this fight are trash.(ortiz vs wilder2). Wilder cant sell out a fried chicken dinner. It makes sense its really a fight no one asked for. Why is Wider fighting a guy he already tkoed? Imagine if Canelo fought Kovalev again? He would be crucified lmao.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Not if kovalev actually tried this time.

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Boxing is such a joke for the most part thanks to pbc.

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

And floyd and canelo

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Canelo is ppv star. How is that bad for boxing to bring exciting fights? Look its good thing Canelo has haters like you because it speaks volumes on his success. Keep paying to see him lose and he will continue to prove you wrong. You know damn and well if Canelo was from east la isntead of being Mexican youd be swinging from his nutz. Like you did with fishnet stockings.

14. Remus

Remus Member

From what I can gather, wilder never sells well. He’s not a particularly endearing character out of the ring. He’s trying to straddle the good guy and bad guy role but fails at both. And his trash talk is lame as fuck.

Like i asked you before...Who else does he fight ? And for the record, I think Ortiz beats Joshua and Ruiz.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Actually, you know damn well that if canelo looked like marcos villasana or terra Garcia, he'd be just another fighter WITHOUT getting advantages in weight, in fighting no ones for titles, and would have been banned for longer than he was for cheating with clembuterol.

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Oscar had fucking talent...he never fought with advantages. its an insult to Oscar to compare canelo to him. Oscar fought the best in their primes....give me all of freckles' opponents in their primes.

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Oscar ran like a little bitch from Tito. Can you say the same for Canelo? See we have gotten so used to having cheaters drain themselves to make a super unnatural weight to gain an edge by putting on 20 to 30 extra pounds come fight night 24 hours laters. Whats the point of having weight classes if youre fighting someone what weighs 2 weight classes above you on the day of the fight? All Canelo did was make sure he was fighting a middle weight by having a clause with jacobs...and with kovalev he was already moving up 2 weight classes. He didnt need to fight a cruiser. They really should have weigh ins on the same day of the fight. Then all these cheaters would not have an advantage.

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

wait, isn't that called "elite boxing" nowadays? Oscar beat tito the fuck up for 9 whole rounds and "boxed" him the last 3.

weight clauses? whats up with the 155 lb division?

19. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Do your research Vato Loco....Canelo was not the one that asked for 155. Canelo was given a condition by Cotto's team because Cotto did not want to fight at 160. He also stipulated to get a black ring canvas. Cotto has always been a little diva. Again 155 totally not canelos fault.

20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

What about the rest of his fights at 155?