What's P4P list

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Hawaiianpunch, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Boxing's p4p list is very subjective. I find it interesting when so called boxing media/experts compile a list that is so far off from the general consensus of most people. This one from Dontae's nation boxing.

I mean dont even know where to start lol Screenshot_20191113-124700.png

2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

4. Just cracks me up....Charlo? Or Andrade:rotfl::rotfl:

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

come on, man. that's donate blacksing nation.

same thing if you go to No Puedes Jugar Al Boxeo....that idiot has canelo #1-15, loma #16 and so on

4. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Look I have Canelo at 1# based on his recent wins (Jacobs, Kovalev) but he arguably be in the #2 o #3. But there is no way hes not top 5 below Charlo and Andrade. What about Dontay the windmill Wilder. That guy cant box for shit. Hes got power but skill wise hes not even top 10 let alone #5.

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

charlo and Andrade is a joke.

even if you disagree, inoue is better than them.

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

This guy is better than inoue p4p...i think he beats him with his kung fu.

7. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

On one of the ESPN shows after Canelo beat Kovalev they were having a Pound for Pound discussion and Jalen Rose said he can't even consider putting Canelo at number one until he fights Lomachenko or Crawford. and just over the last couple of days some "Boxing" people on Twitter are pushing a Lomachneko vs Inoue fight to determine who is number one Pound for Pound. This is where we are.

mex fighter likes this.
  8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Lol yeah I always thought it was overrated to get celebrities opinion on something they know nothing about. Just because they can play basketball does not make them experts on boxing. Any jerk with a youtube channel has an opinion now days. Its crazy.

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I'll be honest with you.....when Tyson was all the rage, I had finito lopez rated #1 lb for lb.

why didn't they fight each other? I always thought Tyson was ducking finito. I get it, though, Finito was not to be fucked with.

10. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

As much as I know Boxing I wouldn't even think about having a You Tube channel to pass myself off as an expert. I'd do a fishing channel in a minute but that's another story.

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I think you'd be surprised. You would be way more knowledgeable and unbias than 99% of the youtubers out there. Most are just fanboys.

12. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

You should actually do the fishing channel. I'd watch.

13. Remus

Remus Member

Have you seen what sells on social media and YouTube ? You think michaels boxing knowledge, reason and logic would do well ? Bruh...you trippin.

14. Remus

Remus Member

He’s an average boxer for sure. Average boxer does not mean he has no skill. Not even close. He recognizes his strengths and he plays to them. The dude has freakishly long arms for his size, insane athleticism for a HW, speed and power the likes that we haven’t seen since Tyson, and a sense of determination and willpower that you have to respect and a fearlessness in and out of the ring that is inspiring. Why would a dude like that box ? I mean...WHY ? lol

No, I’m a bit of a wilder convert. The dude is only 210pnds. He’s probably the first hw is recent times that actually has a legit claim at this fictional title. If he beats Ortiz and then goes onto beat Fury...well I think he’s just about there. A lot of ifs I know, but let’s see what happens.

15. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Just yesterday on Twitter an account that goes by the name of Boxing Archives posted a picture of a group of fighters. In no particular order they were Willie Pep, Sandy Saddler, Marciano, Joe Louis, Fankie Genaro, Paul Berlanbach, Tony Canzenori, Johnny Dundee,Gus Lesenevich and a fighter named Frank Erne. I would guess the picture was taken between 1952-1954. Everybody was marvelling over the usual suspects such as Louis and Marciano, Pep and Saddler but the most amazing thing about that picture besides the talent was Frank Erne. I replied to it and said that Frank Erne was in that photograph and Frank Erne was featherweight champion of the world when Jim Corbett was heavyweight champion of the world in the mid 1890's.

Imagine what Erne had seen, Sullivan, Corbett, Fitzsimmons, Jeffries, Hart, Burns, Johnson, Willard, Dempsey, Tunney, Schmeling, Sharkey, Carnera, Baer, Braddock, Louis, Charles, Walcott and Marciano and that's just the heavyweight champions. Erne had retired before anybody else in that picture had ever put on a Boxing glove and nobody who commented had any idea who he was.

16. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Buffoonery isn't my strong point.

Remus likes this.
  17. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Thanks.

18. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I'm not saying he's not effective at what he does. He's a good slugger but we all saw what Fury did to him for 11rds until he got caught. This has got to be one of the worst eras in the history of the hw division. Do you think any of these guys (Wilder, Fury, Ruiz, Joshua) would be relevant in the 80s and 90s (with guys like Holyfield, Bowe, Moorer, Tyson, Klitschos, LL and Old Fat Foreman) ? I think Wilder is lucky he came up at the right time when the heavy weight crown was ripe for the picking. And Im not hating on Wilder because If anything he is heads and shoulders above the rest. But I'm not sure if that's saying much. Is he the most dominant hw but cant see him as p4p anything.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  19. Remus

Remus Member

no I don’t think any of them hang with that crowd. Worst ever ? Hell no. Worst ever was the gap left when Tyson and LL retired. But hw’s are a damn sight more interesting now than they were 5 years ago. Wilder is interesting cos while I think Tyson would knock him out within 5 rnds, I’m not sure if LL could survive.

There’s quite a few divisions that aren’t a patch on what they were in the 80’s, 90’s and 00’s though, not just hw.

20. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Notice I didn't't say it would sell. Just said he'd be more knowledgeable than most of the crap out on cyberspace now days.