Triple G vs Canelo

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rabid Kimba, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

I bet if Canelo had cara de nopal, Mex would be gulping his seed right now...

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

cuahtnelo blanco?

damn, he'd be a worldwide hero.

3. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

This segment is too short...Atlas ranted for a good half hour on ESPN...

[video=youtube;-FN4qcNOYek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FN4qcNOYek[/video]

:lol:

4. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I didn't score the fight but I thought GGG edged it. 115-113 either way or 114-114 is totally acceptable, anybody could see it was a close competitive fight. Anybody except Adalaide Byrd. She has a history of dubious scorecards in Canelo fights.

5. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

:clapping:

6. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

Canelo when asked about fighting Golovkin, "No le tengo miedo a nadie. Cuando nací, ya se había repartido el miedo.
    Canelo when actually fighting Golovikin, :eekster:

It's amazing to see how so many who criticized Mayweather for being a "runner" are quick to defend Canelo for basically employing the same style :loling:

7. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I had it 7-5 for GGG, but can't argue with the Draw. I honestly didn't expect Canelo to compete the way he did. Canelo should win the rematch by decision.

8. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Why? Is he suddenly going to have the stamina to fight for 36 minutes? Or because he will probably get a gift?

9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

What about the fact that ggg's mystique and aura of invincibility is gone. Canelo knows he can take GGGs best shots for 12 rds. He knows GGG is not the boogey man he will be more relaxed and thus waste less energy. If Canelo can box more and stay off the ropes I also think he can win. Again you keep on saying gift but two judges saw a close fight you're not even giving Canelo any credit. Getting a draw on a very close fight is not the same as a robbery.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

GGG knows he can take canelo's shots, too. he knows canelo will try to back up into the ropes and counter.

it goes both ways.

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

That was never even a question. For one Canelo was moving up to fight the naturally bigger mw. Second of all Canelo is not a knockout artist he gets most of knockouts from thr accumulation of punches. 3rd of all Canelo doesn't rely on hurting GGG he just needs to punch hard enough to get his respect and we saw that in the last fight due to the fact that GGG didn't go in all balls out. Canelo is a counter puncher that has more tools. He is younger and can get better. GGG is older and obviously deteriorating. Oscar was smart to wait until now to have Canelo fight GGG....by the time they fight again GGG will be even older prime for the picking.

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

so he'll go in balls out in the next one then.

its about time freckles moves up...god knows he's feasted on cotto (the other cotto), hatton (the other hatton), josesito lopez, poncho gomez, A Mere Con, and cotto (at middleweight).

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

You can't criticize him for fighting Cottos brother when he fought both Cottos and it was the same outcome...he won. Just saying your statement doesn't have the same impact. If he fought that bum hatton in his prime it would be the same outcome as his brother....Canelo was too big and had too much reach for Hattons stubby body.

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

yeah, matthew hatton, not ricky.

15. sanchito

sanchito BF Resident Douchebag

The other Cotto rocked Canelo and had him stumbling around with jelly legs.

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I remember that night when it happened. I was at a poker tournament and we had all taken a break to see the fight which was supposed to be a quick knockout.

I hated canelo before that fight, during, and after.

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

He was 18 years old and green as fuck. You hated him cause he got rocked? Wft ?Weird.

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I said before that...read the whole post.

I knew he was a made up by the media fighter since his third fight.

he's white, freckled, and redheaded. all three are instant winners in mexico.

19. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

So it's his fault he was born with red hair and freckles. That's as ignorant as fuck. Lol

20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

no, but its also not my fault he was promoted more because of it. I'm not ignorant as fuck to fall for it. Lol