The heavyweight division

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Greenstone, May 5, 2018.

1. Remus

Remus Member

well yeah,...but we knew it going in right ?

fury battling weight and depression etc tells us nothing new. despite all of that stuff about fury...fight is the same.

oh and btw...joshua sure as fuck aint smiling. hes frozen out for likely a year.

2. Remus

Remus Member

so about a rematch, i think both fighters win some and lose some outta this fight.

for fury...he will be fitter and sharper. he will know that he can take wilders punch.
    for wilder...he now knows first hand how elusive fury can be for a big man. he will have learned a great deal.

a big negative for him though is that hes a confidence fighter whos imagined his power being his get outta jail free card. hes just found out that fury can take it and he can get up from near death. thats gotta fuck with your head.

3. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

So he is smiling because he gets more easy paydays.

4. Remus

Remus Member

yeah, in that context, fair enuf.
    what did you think of the result ?

5. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

I thought Fury won 8 rounds. 1 round from a draw I guess so I won’t call it a bad decision. Wilder is just a technical mess but we already knew that. A rematch is tough to call.

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I agree with that when you consider yourself to be a monster puncher and you cant put someone away like you have in previous fights it fucks with your head.

7. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

Fury must be a nightmare to face in the ring. Constant movement, constant getting in your head and tall as fuck.

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

He is actually 6"9 and I thought Wilder was tall.

9. Remus

Remus Member

Yeah 8 rnds isn’t unreasonable. There’s a couple there that were pretty close.