The heavyweight division

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Greenstone, May 5, 2018.

1. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

Tony Bellew about to fight in his rematch with David Haye. Not really a fan of either of these fighters but they match up well. Bellews punch accumulation versus Hayes power blows. Bellew looks a little out of shape and Haye another two years older. I'm expectimg some good action with these two. Can't pick it.

2. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

Bellew destroyed him. 5th round stoppage. Haye knocked down twice 3rd round and he barely made it to the 5th. Then Bellew knocked him down again then ref stopped it after another sustained attack.

3. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Not a fight to get excited about but I saw your post and turned it on. Nice knockdowna and ultimately tko by Bellow.

4. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Haye has only been a part time fighter since he lost to Klitchko. Not surprised.

5. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

Parker versus Whyte up next. Should be a very entertaining brawl.

6. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Parker should have won that fight easily. Whyte was ripe for the taking after the 6th. Thought the referee did Parker some injustice. That bizarre moment in the 11th when he stopped the action to pull up Whyte's trunks a couple of inches right when Whyte was fading badly and again in the 12th after the knockdown when he gave Whyte what seemed like 20 questions after he wiped his gloves and then decided to wipe his gloves again. Bottom line is that Parker never pressed the action against a tired fighter with a questionable defense.

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

the shit I have to put up with. so I was arguing with a fine young Mexican fella....he said morales is better than ali because, "who did ali beat that was better than pac and barrera?"

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Finally out of the closet...good for you:clapping:

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

si guey, te quiero agarrar a gatas otra ves como aquella ves hace 4 aƱos....te acuerdas?

10. Remus

Remus Member

matos whats your take on wilder ? he seems pretty average to me from what ive seen but i dont know if thats an accurate view.

11. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

He's not the most schooled fighter out there and his size and punching power covers up a lot of deficiencies. His trainer Mark Breland has done a good job of getting Wilder to do what he does well and in my opinion that makes him look better than he really is.

12. Remus

Remus Member

Is that fury fuckhead a shot at all ?
    I hope wilder caves his fuckin face in personally

13. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Fury prior to his mental and drug issues had the tools to keep Wilder at bay. Mind you that Fury wasn't that good but the current version is just a shell of that.

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

wilder will throw too many punches for fury to handle and with that long wing span, he'll take fury out.

15. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Did his trainer used to have a podcast or some show on the internet? They called him the bread man

16. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Bread Man is Stephen Edwards who last I heard and think still is the trainer of J Rock Williams. I follow him on Twitter, interesting guy. Not sure if he still has a podcast but he does do a column for Boxing Scene called Daily Bread and is always an interesting read. I do listen to a couple of Podcasts one is with Jeandra Lebeauf and Michelle Rosado called Bad Culture TV and they also have a YouTube channel and the other is Brandon Stubbs called Punch 2 The Face.

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Thats what it was...it was a column. I know youre not a huge fan of mma but ufc Joe Rogan has an entertaining podcast. Some mma and boxing talk but mostly off the wall topics with pretty good guest.

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

this is joe rogan's best video. joe diaz reminds me of mex fighter:

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

20. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Pinche mex cuantas veces te veniste con ese video jajaja.