Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix Finale - Barnett vs. Cormier

Discussion in 'MMA News and Discussion' started by Rebel, May 18, 2012.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Nice little weekend card tomorrow.

In the main event Josh Barnett faces off against Daniel Cormier.

The undercard includes Gilbert Melendez/Josh Thomson 3, Rafael Calcavante vs. Mike Kyle 2, and a few other compelling bouts.

Check out the full line-up at: Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix Final Full Card @ 10:00 PM ET/PT.

2. Trplsec

Trplsec Member

The Cavalcante-Kyle fight is a rematch as well. The first fight was a pretty decent scrap with Kyle winning by KO. The Melendez-Thompson fights have been entertaining. I think the 3rd will be exactly the same.

I believe Kyle is undefeated at Lightheavy. The dude is a decent fighter but sucks at HW and typically has cardio problems.

3. Rebel

Rebel Admin

The drawbacks of copy and paste...:slaphead:

4. joey83

joey83 Banned

Barnett is too experienced for cormier and it will show, barnett wins by UD

5. TLC

TLC Member

If Cormier wins he can't even go to the UFC yet because he still has another fight on his deal..however, I doubt that will stop them from making a fight behind the scenes....

No difference though, right guys? I mean ZUFFA owns SF so they can do what they want!

6. TFK

TFK Clutch

If they wanted to, sure.

I'm just getting home now so I didn't see any of the undercard, but I'm reading everywhere that Thomson got robbed. Anyone see the fight?

TFK

7. TFK

TFK Clutch

Cormier is just clowning Barnett so far.

TFK

8. TFK

TFK Clutch

Barnett was game, but he got his ass whooped. Cormier was really impressive tonight.

TFK

9. TLC

TLC Member

I'm sure they don't want to. I'm sure they don't want the SF Grand Prix over in the UFC, they'd rather have him stay there and fight.......

And fight......

Wait...what?

10. Trplsec

Trplsec Member

Not really. It was one of those cases where Gilbert probably DID win 3 rounds but narrowly. But Thompson won 2 rounds and was dominant in those rounds.

At the end of the day Melendez got beat up worse than Thompson for whatever that's worth.

11. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Melendez vs. Thomson was a close fight. I felt Melendez tactically earned the first three rounds before losing the last two clearly. Thomson just got started too late.

12. TFK

TFK Clutch

If the UFC wants Cormier, they will take him. Just like they did Griggs, Johnson, Bigfoot, Del Rosario and any other Strikeforce heavyweight they wanted.

I know the plan was to finish the tournament then have the winner have 1 more fight under Strikeforce, but I doubt that happens.

TFK

13. Rebel

Rebel Admin

[video=youtube;P_qpgEQPRoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_qpgEQPRoA[/video]

14. TLC

TLC Member

Do you want to bet on that?

Just wondering since you seem so privy to information you have obviously done no research on.

15. TFK

TFK Clutch

Bet on what?

TFK

16. TLC

TLC Member

:lol: