Spence-Garcia.....

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Valdosta, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

The question that should be asked is what did Mikey Garcia see that made him want to fight Spence in the first place because whatever it was he didn't see it Saturday night. There is a lot of Boxing knowledge in the Garcia team they aren't going to make that much of a mistake and that tells me one thing, that the Spence team had that figured out from jump. From the opening bell Spence knew exactly what he had to do to negate Mikey's strategy or plan.

El Profesor likes this.
  2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

That's a boxing person. Somebody in the business that basically said everything I said about Brook vs Spence. See it's not just me trying to "discredit" one of your favorite fighters. This bruva agrees with me.

3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I think it's pretty clear why Spence won... he used his size advantage. I know some people say size doesn't matter but it's hard to beat a guy with a height and reach advantage that knows how to fight tall. Spence boxed perfectly but without his size he wouldn't have been able to execute that plan. He used the Jab and straight punches to neutralize Mikey's jab. My only knock on Errol is that he may not be the power puncher we thought he was coming in. He may be a bit overrated. At this point I give Crawford the edge.

4. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Whether he’s a boxing person or not he is wrong. Spence was beating Brook and broke him down to the head and body. Saying Brook was winning is 100% wrong. Also, he didn’t mess up the same eye as GGG he messed up the other eye

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

You missed the point.

6. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

Before and after the fight, I could only keep thinking "What did the Garcia's 'see' in Spence to take this fight?" On paper, Mikey had no business jumping all the way to 147. During the fight, you could tell that the Garcia's had planned for a totally different Spence than the one that was presented to them on Saturday night.
    That being said, Spence's naturally bigger frame was an impossible factor to overcome in a pure boxing match...but...when Spence did try to hit the gas and go for the KO in the 2nd half of the fight, you have to wonder why a big 147lber could not KO, TKO, KD, or even seriously hurt a 135lber :headscratch:

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Mikey's defense was pretty tight the whole fight. He was getting landed on according to that bullshit pbc compubox thingy but many of those were right on his gloves.

El Profesor likes this.
  8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Well that's what I meant these pbc fighters are protected. What elite level fighter had Spence fought prior to Mikey? A broken Kell Brook? Easy to ko bums but another thing to ko an elite level fighter with tight d even a 2 division smaller fighter like Mikey. Mikey can now go back and reign 135 and now that Spences overrated power has been exposed he's in for a rude awakening.

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

exposed

sigh

10. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

But...Spence's punches looked so flashy! That has to count for points.

I was amazed (during the slo-mo replays) at how many punches Mikey was able to pick off in mid air or block with his guard :omg:
    The announcers didn't seem to want to point that out.

Spence is a great body puncher. He used his jab and size advantage effectively to win the fight handily.
    Did he dominate Garcia though? :nono:

Props to Mikey for not fighting at some ludicrous "catch-weight" for the 147lb title...like some other multi-division "champions" did to "earn" their titles :nodding:

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

What do you mean Mikey wouldn't dominate the 138.75 lb weight class division?

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

reminds me of this whole fight but especially at 4:17 of the video. he hit chavez so hard, he was on the verge of going down. no mention of the 12 punches that hit nothing but air. this was probably the most biased called fight I've seen in my entire life.

13. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

Haha. This was the EXACT fight that came to mind as I was seeing the slow-motion replays of Mikey blocking a lot (not all) of Spence's shots...but no mention from the commentators.

6:00 - Taylor's BIG left :loling:
    6:33 - Chavez fractures Taylor's orbital socket
    6:36 - The left from Chavez that ruined Taylor's liver and had him peeing blood for 4 weeks
    6:41 - The right from Chavez that broke Taylor's orbital socket, career, and established Chavez as EGCM

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

check out it, one of taylor's best punches came at 5:51 of the video.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

at 4:28, chavez, the great body puncher is reduced to headhunting. he immediately comes with a hook to the head followed by to body punches to the liver.

16. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

If you don’t ko everyone you suck.

17. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

It's always surprised me that Ray Leonard never figured out what was going on in that fight. Sometimes I'm watching a fight and I might be in the kitchen or distracted for a minute and I hear "GREAT Right Hand" and I'll look a the TV and I have no idea who got hit with it. If the right hand was that GREAT it should have been some sort of reaction.

18. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Mexfighter is just always trying to contradict anything I say. If I say it's blue he'll say it's red. That's his mo. Same guy that said Canelo was exposed when he got rocked by Cottos younger bro when he was 18 years old lol. Canelo has the best resume in boxing yet he'll never give him credit no matter what. It's hilarious how he tries to act like his opinions are objective to tried to suck up to you. His favorite fighters are cholo losers like Brandon Rios enough said.

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I said exposed? Produce it and I'll leave the site forever. If you don't, will you?

If you say dumb shit like garcia>dlh, you want me to agree with you?

20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

You said best resume in boxing. Let's go over his biggest fights

Vs lara... boring ass decision which could have gone either way.

Vs trout... knocked him down, big deal

Vs ggg 1.....lost that one

Vs ggg 2, lost that one

Vs floyd, lost 12-0....oh wait, one judge had it a draw

Vs khan...fuck off

Vs josesito lopez...fuck off

Vs alfonso gomez... fuck off

Vs matty hatton....fuck off.

One thing i will admit...hes the best 155 lber in history. He went undefeated there.

NICE "BEST" RESUME!!!!!