Spence-Garcia.....

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Valdosta, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Yes he would but that guy won’t be at 154 much longer, he’s only 22 and already huge.

2. TIP

TIP Member

Do you disagree that had Canelo waited a couple years that he wouldn't have did better against Floyd?

3. Valdosta

I would hope so. Floyd was 36 the first time they fought and 2 years later would have been 38 fighting Canelo at MW? How many advantages do we have to give Canelo to pretend like he can give Floyd a good fight? Being more competitive than the first fight isn’t saying much.

4. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

He couldn't even destroy Mikey Garcia. Estas bien pendejo.

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Even as green as Munguia is he'd give Spence more than he can handle. Mikey was outsized. Errol fought tall and Mikey had no answer. He won't have those advantages vs Charlo or Munguia. Two big jr middle weights with power that will hurt him.

6. Valdosta

Munguia is chinand work rate with a god awefull defense. Easy fight for Spence. Munguia has an ass whipping coming very soon

mex fighter likes this.
  7. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I guess we'll never know since he only fights little guys. He wants paquio. How about taking on Crawford? Notice he's not even calling him out.

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

12-0 isn't a destruction?

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

agREED

10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

You guys keep on moving the goal post. That's an interesting comment. If we go back and look at all of the fight predictions from the experts and even fighters you'll see that this was supposed to be a massacre. Everyone said this fight wouldn't go the distance. I heard 2nd round, 3rd round, 9th rd stoppage predictions. Errol is the biggest puncher at 147 and Mikey wouldn't last 12 rd. That was pretty much what everyone thought. Spence was the baddest dude at 147 fighting a light weight. And yet Garcia was never even dropped or ever hurt during the fight. Destruction is what Tito Trinidad did to Joppy and Vargas that's destruction my friend. Gtfo with that shit.

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

12-0. Pretty even fight.

Signed,

Kinich

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I didnt say it was even dude. I gave Spence credit for winning for boxing well and winning most of the rds. But thats all the credit hes going to get for beating a guy two weight division below him. He didnt beat a welter weight fighter. He didnt beat one of the other Welter Weight champions. Mikey never fought at 147 or had a belt at 147 and still couldn't stop him. Que quieres que se la mame como tu?

13. Valdosta

You mean winning all of the rounds and giving an ass whipping. In winning his title Spence went to England and broke down a bigger fighter. It’s not like Spence has fought a bunch of little guys. Manny has been at 147 for years and if he wants to fight Spence, the fight should happen. It makes to much financial sense not to.

14. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Kell Brook is the bigger fighter? You're funny lol. If you want to get technical Spence is really a Jr Middle weight he walks around over 154. Funny how most people in this forum criticized Canelo at 154 for bullying smaller men. Yet Spence beats a guy who is pretty much 3 weight classes below him can't even hurt him one time and you people are acting like he just beat sugar ray leonard. Even that retard Schaffer said this victory makes Spence the #1 p4p fighter. Lmao

15. Valdosta

Where do you come up with this trash? Nobody acts like Spence beat SRL. He was impressive in completely dominating a really good (but smaller) fight. You say Spence is a 154 pounder but he came in almost a full pound under the weight limit. Next you laugh at Brook being bigger than Spence but that fact is his last couple of fights are against 154 pounders at 154. Not to mention in the ring Brook looked a little bigger as well.

16. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Trash? why because I'm not a fan boy and make a fair unbaised assesment of the significance of the fight. Fact Mikey was naturally 2 weight divisions arguably 3 because Spence a really big Welter. Fact...Mikey was never dropped or even dazed by Spence Jr's power. So this whole thing about him being the biggest puncher at 147/boogie man is obviously overrated. Another Fact since you keep throwing the name Kell Brooke. Kell Brooke was damaged goods(had a serious eye socket injury in his last fight with ggg). In the fight against Spence... Kell Brooke was ahead on the scorecards at the time of the stoppage. And I would use the word stoppage loosely because Spence didn't knock out Brooke. He just quit because he couldn't see out of his already damaged eye. I give Spence credit for winning but I'm not seeing how this is some great victory for him. It does nothing for his career in terms of legacy other than fatten his pockets and pbcs pockets.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

One thing about Spence Jr. fans that point out that he out boxed Mikey instead of being aggresive (code for he couldn't knock him out) to beat him is only half true. Mikeys problem was getting inside in range to find his rythym and land his shots. Part of that was Spence executing the right plan and boxing well. But his size, strength, and reach advantage were the biggest factors. Mikey was too small and too short to get inside and find his range. Obviously kudos to Spence for being able to utilize his reach and height advantage unlike Robert Easter who had no clue how to fight tall. But at the end of the day if Mikey and Spence were the same size Mikey is the better boxer with the higher boxing IQ.

18. Valdosta

You aren’t a fan boy? That’s why you mention Canelo in every boxing discussion right? Some of your facts are kind of sketchy and seem like opinions. Here’s a couple of facts though. Spence won 12-0 last night and Garcia’s corner wanted to stop it because it was a 1 sided ass whipping. Here’s another fact for you since you make shit up, Kell Brook was losing on all 3 cards in his hometown. Don’t try to pretend like you are objective when you make shit up to discredit a fighter. Brook quit because he got broken down to the head and body. He had nothing left.

19. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

20. Valdosta

Hey look it’s a completely irrelevant video. Neat. Spence was still winning that’s a fact.