(Showtime) Williams vs. Ishida, Cloud vs. Campillo (February 18)

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Paul Williams (40-2) vs. Nobuhiro Ishida (24-6-2) set for February 18, 2012.

Who wins this battle of the 6 ft. junior middleweights?

On the undercard, undefeated Tavoris Cloud (23-0, 19 KOs) defends his IBF light heavyweight strap against Gabriel Campillo (21-3-1, 8 KOs)

2. HOMICIDE

HOMICIDE 2011 Super Bowl Champs

This ain't going to be on HBO is it, I remembered they canned this match this past year because they didn't approve Ishida as an opponent for Tall Paul and they made him fight Lara...

3. Rebel

Rebel Admin

You are correct. It's going to be televised on Showtime. Who are you picking?

4. joey83

joey83 Banned

Williams will maul ishida just like kirkland should of, he will win by easy UD

5. HOMICIDE

HOMICIDE 2011 Super Bowl Champs

Tall Paul...as much as I would like to see him face plant like he did against "Da Sex" Ishida just doesn't seem to be the guy to do it...

6. Lefthooker

Lefthooker Member

It was deemed a mismatch just a year ago...now Williams still wins but it will be competitive.
    Williams is shot IMO. Any top notch JMW cleans his clock.
    No legs, no chin.

7. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

I agree with this assessment. Ishida pulled off a great upset against Kirkland but I don't think it will happen again even with this version of Williams. I think Williams will throw a million punches like he always does, maybe get through a couple rocky moments but get the unanimous decision.

8. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

And this better be on Shobox because I don't really like Williams being treated with kid gloves. I'll watch this shit because I always do but I hope they didn't spend too much on it. Williams is on thin ice. He needs to show something, go to ESPN, or retire.

9. Rebel

Rebel Admin

This intriguing card is less than a week away.

10. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

What's wrong with Williams chin? That guy has a great chin, his defense is just putrid. I like the Campillo-Cloud fight more than the main event anyways. Campillo can box pretty damn well.

11. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard as Fuck

I'd like to see Williams fight someone who isn't a fast southpaw before I completely write him off.

12. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard as Fuck

Williams should beat Ishida pretty easily.

13. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

I think it's does this version of William's beat Ishida. Against Lara I thought William's fought like a shot fighter. Have not seen enough of Ishida except for the Kirkland fight.

14. Mark G

Mark G Member

Yeah, Williams looked shot. Still, I think he wins a decision based on activity. I'm not so high on Ishida based on his Kirkland win.

15. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I'm actually passing on going there live this weekend. Got things to do plus I'm taking a Paul Williams break....lol... he looked shotr a bit last time here with Lara for the most part..although Lara was a game fighter as well....... I'll catch it on showtime..Ringo

16. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Just a heads up. Showtime Extreme if you get it is running the undercard at 8 EST and the main event at 11 or so....I believe this is a first with the undercard..I'm getting it here on 2 different extreme stations...I have vios..I don't know how you get your cable..hope it works for you.....check it out ..Ringo

17. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Surprisingly great undercard. Williams scored huge upset..with a knockdown along the way...Arreola get hit hard then turns sit around for KO round one. This undercard showing from Texas and main events split all night is a great idea from Showtime of all folks...and Goosen Tutor as well...Ringo

18. Valdosta

Campillo got dropped 2 times in the first round but after that he's only lost about 1 round and schooled the shit out of Cloud.

19. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

Another bad decision

20. Valdosta

What a bad,bad decision.