(Showtime PPV) Pacquiao vs. Mosley (May 7): R-B-R, Results

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Boxingfanatics.com, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Boxingfanatics.com

Boxingfanatics.com Administrator Staff Member

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming super fight between Pacquiao and Mosley.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Shane Mosley (WBO welterweight title)
    Wilfredo Vasquez Jr. vs. Jorge Arce (WBO junior featherweight title)

Kelly Pavlik vs. Alfonso Lopez (super middleweights)

R-B-R - Saturday, May 7, 2011, 9PM ET/6PM PT

2. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Pacquiao UD
    Vasquez UD
    Pavlik TKO8

It's a real shame Soto/Antillon fell through.

3. HOMICIDE

HOMICIDE 2011 Super Bowl Champs

Mosley TKO 7th (may seem far fetched to some but I think the big thing here is speed and power IN SPURTS, all it takes is one to land)
    Vasquez UD
    Pavlik TKO 4th

4. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

I think Vasquez might stop Arce. He's a lot bigger I think.

5. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

IMO Mosley has at best a punchers chance. That's about it. Other than that it's going to be another win for Pacquiao.

6. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Possibly. Arce isn't getting any younger.

7. Mosley by 2nd round TKO

He'll catch Pacquiao with a great left hook and shock the world!

8. davemurphy

davemurphy Member

Pac UD (only because Shane can take it).
    Vazquez TKO 10 (Arce will run out of steam)
    Pavlik KO 5 (perfect opponent selection)

9. TLC

TLC Member

I think this is a horrible matchup for Pacquiao.

I have a hard time not seeing Mosely land, and when he does, Pacquaio will crumble. Big right hand and Mosely rallies for a TKO.

If the guy landed on Floyd, he'll land on Pacquiao.

10. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I have no doubt that Shane can land in the early rounds, but he's also going to be getting hit himself. At some point after tasting Pac's power he's going to go into defensive mode. I just don't think Shane has enough in the tank to pull off the upset at this stage.

11. hazza

hazza Member

manny is a huge favourite. 7-1

12. Rebel

Rebel Admin

If you like Mosley early, you should lay a wager on it.

At thegreek.com Mosley to win during the first 6 rounds is about +6600 - +8000.

13. gregg

gregg Member

It's possible shane wins, but after he let Floyd off the hook I just don't know. If he doesn't get to pac within 4 Pac is going to stretch him.

14. Rebel

Rebel Admin

In my view, Shane pulling it out is not very likely. He'd have to land one of the best punches in the history of boxing. Pacquiao's speed and activity will be too much for those old legs.

I was rather shocked that Mosley looked stunned more than handful of times against PBF. In fact, I thought Mosley looked more hurt throughout the bout than little Marquez. JMM never stopped trying whereas Mosley became tame and timid after 5 rounds.

I've got Pac via UD but Mosley retiring on his stool late in the fight wouldn't surprise me.

15. TFK

TFK Clutch

What has Mosley done in the past 6-7 years that makes anyone think he can beat the best fighter in boxing?

TFK

16. Rebel

Rebel Admin

People will do anything to convince themselves this fight is PPV worthy.

17. TLC

TLC Member

If he lands the exact punch on Manny that he did on Floyd, Pac is getting KO'd.

Floyd survived because his lightning recovery and his defensive skills.

Manny has been KO'd twice before, by diaper weights at that.

18. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I think Pacquiao has shown a much sturdier chin than Floyd at 140-147. If Floyd's chin didn't break from that shot, why should Pacquiao's?

Manny was TKOd to the body as a diaper weight. It's pretty clear that was from being weakened from weight draining. He's been hit with much harder punches to the head and body since moving up in weight and he's never come close to being stopped. JMM had him in a little bit of trouble in their rematch but Pacquiao took the shots well.

19. TLC

TLC Member

He was also Ko'd to the head.

Also, please. No one's chin gets BETTER. Especially after moving UP in weight. That makes no sense. The hardest shot he's taken is a hard shot to the body by Margarito which really hurt him.

Floyd's been hurt what, three times in over 20 fights at the weight.

Pacquiao fights Cotto and a drained Oscar and apparently the dude is Marvin Hagler.

20. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

He never really took any hard shots against Oscar or Hatton. He took some hard shots against Cotto and Margarito. He took some shots against Clottey to although he don't hit as hard as the other 2. Regardless, Mosley's a good puncher, not a great 1. You don't need to be Marvin Hagler to take his punches.