Showtime!!!! HBO, you watching?

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by mex fighter, Jan 25, 2018.

1. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

what are you going to do to match this lineup?

2. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

HBO has been playing second fiddle to Showtime for a while now.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

but at least in every single hbo show, we get to see lampley tear up for one reason or another. he wants to cry when he talks about certain fighters.

4. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Or Kellerman gushing over Lomachenko.

5. dazbag

dazbag Manos Daz Piedra

Kellerman is the reason I have watched HBO on mute for 20 years now.

6. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

"Bangin'" Dick Bravado Half-breed , Half Steed

As long as Shobox keeps Bobby Czyz off color they are golden.

7. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

The only one I can't stand is Bert Sugar I don't know why but can't stand his fedora and stupid cigar. Lampley and Kellerman are ok better than our Mexican crew like Chavez Sr. He's a joke lol.

8. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Sugar died years ago..RIP..I met him a number of times...he was actually very humble..he sat in row 10 or so in fights with his wife when others wanted row one...lol I agree Kellerman is ok and very committed to boxing in person at events...even at 3 AM when he was single I saw him in Connecticut at the typewriter when Lampley and others were swaying all over out for girls. I once took a leak next to Lampley in Foxwoods but he kept talking so I had trouble going..lol..true story. I actually posted this all years ago.

9. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

The older Lampley gets, the more he looks like Bert Parks. Which is something I posted years ago...

10. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

On a somewhat related yet totally unrelated topic...
    Burt Lancaster during Ali vs Frazier I : "Both boys are tired, see"... then he kept saying something about Prewitt not wanting to box for Dynamite Holmes.
    True hardheaded story.

11. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I lived about 20 blocks from Ali-Frazier in Manhattan in 1971 and did not attend..John Lennon did....true story. Bert L being there and helping to call the fight...very good call. Even I forgot that..but then again...I did not attend and I am a visual learner.....

12. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Lampley is a flaming faggot...crying about ridiculous shit. Like in Cotto’s farewell fight. The faggot Lampley was tearing up, like if Cotto had died or had terminal cancer or something. Are you fucking kidding me? What an asshole...instead of being happy at Cotto for retiring with all his marbles...the bitch cries because he’s not going to entertain his sorry ass anymore.

Fuck Lampley...

13. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I was at that fight and I was sitting downstairs but a little too far to notice the crying but I'll tell you the Ricans took it way better than when Tito lost to Hopkins when they were crying all around me. I am extremely happy Cotto has his marbles but wish he had not defended his belt and lost it. He could have easily retired with it. He could have raised money for the Island another way.
    Lampley is very smart but I have seen him drinking too much a number of times at fights and sway when he walks around halls etc.. At least Merchant was old school and probably hid his flask so to speak in his coat or something and looked down at the floor when he talked to hide it somewhat..lol.

14. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

True story this Jewish guy from your neck of the woods (hackensaw) called up yesterday asking about the Israeli Network channel. He was subcribed to it but forgot what channel it was on(1732) then he asked about cnn news and he says to me do you know of any financial news channels?...that's what I want Fox business lol.

15. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Hackensack is two hours North of me just outside N.Y.C. A lot of mafia there. That is where the Sopranos tv show took place. . I live just outside of Philadelphia. Way different type area. Even the accent is different. They kill the folks up there and dump the bodies in the Pine Barons down here .

CNBC is the best business show all around. 602 on HD down here!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  16. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

The Unknown Comic's ventriloquist paper bag dummy claimed to be from Hackensack.
    That's the true story...and Chuck Barris is stickin' to it.

17. dazbag

dazbag Manos Daz Piedra

I always had the impression Lounge Lizard Larry smelled perpetually of stale gin.

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

gene gene the dancin' machine could teach Michael Jackson a thing or two.

19. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

that was actually a funny skit. What made them funny was the music intro each time and Barris getting a sudden burst of energy as alwaysand sliding along with the music as well. very funny show in general.

20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

the original "America's got talent"