(Showtime) Abraham vs. Ward & Pacquiao vs. Mosley Replay (May 14) - 10PM ET/PT

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, May 11, 2011.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Andre Ward defends his WBA super middleweight title against Arthur Abraham in this Super Six Semi-final.

In addition, Showtime will replay Pacquiao/Mosley.

What's your take on Abraham/Ward?

I'm going with Ward via UD in a harder than expected fight.

2. I think Ward will outbox and out punch Abraham. I don't see Abraham winning unless he lands the perfect shot.

3. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Ward by a shut out...I don't think the midget is going to win a round.

Ward might even stop him.

4. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Keep dreaming...

:popcorn:

5. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

Well the expectations are that Ward will win every round like Froch did so if Abraham wins one round it will be harder than expected! But I'm going with the consensus also that Ward will box the ever loving shit out Abraham and maybe stop him late.

6. Redneck

Redneck Living Legend

Abraham will win this fight. Because of his recent bad fights he will give everything to win this fight. He knows exactly that he fights in the USA and that his only chance is a KO. Even if he dominates the whole fight the judges will give the fight to Ward. In an interview he answered that he knows this very well and that he will do everything to end the fight before the official ending.
    All in for Abraham for me! He is a warrior and he will find his way back, i am sure.

7. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Abraham starts too slow, and even by the time he catches up, IF he catches up, it will be too late. EASY UD fight for Ward.

120-107. (With a point lost from Abraham for fouling)
    118-109
    117-110

Jack

8. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Didn't I just say that?

:headscratch: :lol: :mexsmiley:

9. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Funny post of the year...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell you what...let's bet avatars.

Deal?

I have a really good one for you...my delusional Kraut friend...

:mexsmiley:

10. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Hopefully Abraham lands the lucky punch on that china chin.

11. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

I bet his chin is better than yours...lol.

12. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Probably but I am not a boxer. Ward was stunned in his last fight against Bika even.

13. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

I'd give Abraham a little bit better than a puncher's chance. Just because he is Abraham. Abraham is still dangerous enough. I think Ward will win but...it's a dangerous fight.

14. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

You did and you said it better! lol I was just agreeing with you.

15. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

Bika is a tough fighter but you're right Ward had a really hard fight with him and Bika showed that you can get Ward out of his game if you make it a rough ugly fight. I don't think Abraham has that in him at 168 but you never know. I really hope he makes it a competitive fight cause he's looked like shit his last two fights.

16. Redneck

Redneck Living Legend

hahaha. I can imagine your avatar for me...its something like SS-Symbols, Nazi-Soldiers from the past or even this little cocksucker Hitler himself. Its strange here in the forum because everyone is still full of hate against the germans like they fougth in the WW2 and just switched to 2011. The postings of a lot of americans when the japan-disaster happened ("now they pay for Pearl Harbor" etc.) told me enough and made me sad. Its like the americans think everyone of us is eating "Eisbein und Sauerkraut" and dancing in the "Brauhaus" with a big glass of beer in the hand (bavaria is just a small part of germany;-).
    But back to the fight....you will get surprised by Abrahams fight-tactic. I think he will start like a raging bull this time and you will not see the "lazy first-rounds" Abraham this time. Ward is a tactical fighter and if Abraham is able to destroy him in the first rounds he will win the fight. Something like the Froch-disaster never will happen again..i am pretty sure of this.
    ...i know that Ward is undefeated since 1996..and i know that the bets are 3:1 against Abraham...but i think this is his chance to win the fight. If he is really able to hurt him in the first rounds Ward will be surprised to the bone and he will not discover from that.

17. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

:lol: :thumby:

18. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Well...are we going to bet avatars...or are you just chicken?

:mexsmiley: :mexsmiley: :mexsmiley:

Come on...don't just talk the talk...walk the walk... :mexsmiley:

Let's make the avatar change for one month...that way you won't be too depressed...

:thumby:

19. Rebel

Rebel Admin

It is questionable and that's why I think Abraham may have some success. He just needs to make it rough like Bika did in order to have a chance.

I'm still taking Ward via decision, but it wouldn't shock me to see him get off the canvas to win this one. That's what I mean by "Ward in a harder than expected" fight.

20. Redneck

Redneck Living Legend

if i dont do the bet it says "i dont believe in abraham!". So its ok to do this bet for me. 1 month a shiny new avatar for you if abraham wins. I am in....you bastard;-)