Shoeshine challenge

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Hawaiianpunch, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

So theres this short video called the "speed challenge" that shows Ryan Garcia shoeshinning to show off his speed.

So I saw the video...whatever its tik tok bullshit. But i was reading the comments and casuals started posting things like "I dont know why boxers do that theres no point and doesnt help inside the ring".

Now I had to comment and put these casuals in their place. Shoe shinning is very effective in the ring not just for shadow boxing.

A perfect example....

Its the 10th rd in a close fight between De la Hoya and Vargas (Ledderman Scorecards were 4 rds to 5 in favor of De la Hoya). Some will argue Oscar gave him a boxing clinic but it wasnt a walk in the park for the cross dresser either. For those who follow Dlh...he made a career out of stealing rds. He would always coast and flurry the last 30 seconds. And rd 10 of this fight was no different. With about 10 seconds left in the rd Dela Homo starts to shoe shine Vargas to the body to set up his money punch... that picture perfect left hook. Hurt vargas bad and it was all down hill after that. It all started with a shoeshine.

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

At least post the video so we know the hell you're talking about.

As far as oscar, we know you're being controversial by saying he stole rounds.

Fun fact....he knocked every mexican born fighter he ever fought the fuck out except for 1....mago gonzalez. Not too bad for someone who made a career of stealing rounds.

3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Top Chicano boxers

1. De La Homo
    2. Danny "I look Irish" Lopez
    3.Micheal "the minion" Carbajal
    4. Antonio "loaded Gloves" Margarito
    5.Johnny"the Junkie" Tapia
    6. Tony "the rappist" Ayala jr
    7. Brandon "punching bag" Rios
    8. Fernando "the Cholo" Vargas
    9. Paulie "cant crack an egg" Ayala
    10.Victor "the quitter" Ortiz

Vs

Top 10 Mexican Champions

1. Salvador Sanchez
    2.Julio Cesar Chavez
    3.Juan Manuel Marquez
    4.Ruben Olivarez
    5.Carlos Zarate
    6.Miguel Canto
    7.Marco Antonio Barrera
    8.Saul Alvarez
    9. Ricardo Finito Lopez
    10. Erik Morales

You see the diffrence in greatness. Chicano boxing sucks donkey dick gtfo

4. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Dlh beat an over the hill chavez. No way Golden Girl beats a prime chavez. De La Hoya always faded in the late rounds because hes a coke head. He ran like a pussy from Trinidad. We celebrated in Mexico whe Tito beat that pocho.

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

We? You still lived in The states back then, junior.

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

You may have all the excuses in the world....those are free and easy.

The fact is that a guy who wears thongs made the greatest mexican in history quit.....TWICE. there is no excuse you can offer.

Chavez, did you quit? BULCHISI!!!!

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

First mexican champ in history? Oh yeah, he was a pocho.

You know, for a fella who has said on many occasions that boxing sucks under 146, there sure seem to be a lot of sucky midgets on your all time list.

So, whats it going to be? Don't go back on your own words now, sonny.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Btw how can you be on the internet posting every minute. I thought California was on fire???:headscratch:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

insomnia.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Like father like son. Yunior quit like a bitch again. It was a legit punch, not a headbutt.

So, about sucking donkey dick.....

Michael Matos likes this.
  11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Nobody takes Chavez Jr seriously. You're grasping for straws. Julio Cesar Chavez sr is a boxing legend. His loss to De La Joto once he was past his prime or his disgrace of a son Jr doesnt take away from his legacy. Nice try.:loling:

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Oh, but people take victor ortiz seriously?

Legacy quitting twice vs a guy in a thong. Sweet!

13. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Want speed? Wax on, wax off.

14. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Did you ever learn how box?

15. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Tae Kwon Do. Quote from Karate Kid movie.

16. Mark G

Mark G Member

That is a good example. De la Hoya won a lot of rounds over the course of his career with shoe shine and some of those rounds translated to close decision wins. With Vargas, it ended up being a kayo, but with other boxers, Whitaker and Quartey come to mind, De la Hoya came through in fairly close fights.

17. Mark G

Mark G Member

Ryan Garcia is getting a lot of attention all over social media. He was calling out Gervontas Davis is I'm not mistaken. That fight might not go his way. I watched Garcia's decision win against Carlos Morales, and it was a close fight. I also recall him being hurt. I remember De la Hoya getting knocked down a couple times early in his career against inferior opponents. I hope he goes far, but they need to tighten up his defense.

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

but that fight was before he got with eddy reynoso.

his defense is improving but then again, he's knocking out guys in the first round so he hasn't needed that defense just yet.

19. Mark G

Mark G Member

What do you think about his chin?

20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

never been tested.