Saul Alvarez vs. Alfonso Gomez Added to Mayweather/Ortiz Card

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Alvarez defends his paper strap for the second time against the Alfonso Gomez.

I don't see an upset here at all. Alvarez should have his way from the start. Does Alvarez stop Gomez? Can Gomez land anything decent to shake Alvarez up?

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

i'm getting tired of this bullshit.

edited for a new thought.....if gomez happens to land something by luck and win, he'll be holding a belt that belonged to benitez, hearns, mugabi, martinez, norris, and oscar.

same weight class as former champs duran, jackson, leonard, and tito.

3. El tanke

El tanke Member

Gomez isnt even ranked at 154. lol. and hes a natural welterweight, with no punch and very slow. Another taxi driver for canelo.

4. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Gomez beat Gatti here in Arturos last fight before the prostitute/wife killing and Gatti had nothing left to give anymore to avoid a beatdown that night. Since then Gomez is very ordinary , but my feeling is Gomez is hard to get serious enought when training to progress. He has a very nice laid back personality and I can see him getting unfocused easily if some one comes by the gym to go clubbing or something. Ringo

5. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

More welterweights for Canelo!

6. Rebel

Rebel Admin

O-Dogg, your boy Austin Trout is more proven than Canelo and JCC Jr. at this point.

7. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

The bright side is Gomez gets a payday. The downside is Gomez get's beat up for as long as it lasts. Mismatch.

8. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

I was one of his biggest supporters but he really needs to step up. In his last fight he was asked if he would be stepping up his competition and he tried to avoid the question by saying he was learning. I know some you think Mexicans are bias when it comes to Canelo but a lot of boxing commentators are calling Canelo on his weak opponents. They are saying his title was a gift and that he even looks like shit fighting b level opponents like hatton. Golpe a Golpe a show similar to FNF is constantly criticizing Canelo and Chavez for being paper champs.

9. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

Im more excited about Mayweather and Ortiz. If he wins this should set up Mayweather vs PAc

10. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

And that thought is horrifying. Paper fighters like Alvarez and Gomez fighting for what once was a respected world championship.

Jack

11. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

The WBC is making sure none of their belts will be considered respected ever again.

12. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

Absolutely 100%. Because at least he's fought junior middleweights to get his title.

And we all know Trout isn't a big attraction like Canelo but at least he'll fight anybody anywhere anytime. Trout is 25 Canelo just turned 21. Now is the time to start taking on the bigger challenges. With as deep as 154 is right now you have to try to fight somebody in the top 15 come on! You got guys like Lara, Molina, Trout, K9, Martirosyan, Wolak that would all be great opponents. You even have Dzinziruk who's still a beltholder and has a guaranteed spot on HBO for his next fight. Then you have Cotto who's the golden goose that nobody will get a crack at until he's ready to retire. We need these guys to fight each other.

13. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Trout's victories over Alvarez's older brother and David Lopez are much more impressive than anything those two have accomplished to date. Just calling it like I see it.

14. El tanke

El tanke Member

Thats a bif IF, because Ortiz is gonna be very focused like he was vs Berto and PBF has been inactive for a while now. Ortiz is hungry, is fast enough and hits very hard if his chin and his heart hold up, he should be able to beat PBF.

Now Canelo, its funny but if hes still not ready to face a real fighter? why is he parading around with a belt around his waist? El Perro Angulo is fighting in Mexicali august 20 and Im gonna go watch it, he should be WBC champ, not freckles.
    Canelo is avoiding Angulo, hes chicken shit and needs to fight bum Alfonso Gomez to feel good about himself.

15. CHUCHU

CHUCHU Marquez is God!!!

Canelo is really getting on my nerves. Not to mention he is a Jaliscillo...
    I see that beautiful green belt and I cant help think how much of a shame it is to see all these faggots wearing them. Then an image of that fat jew Sulaiman appears to me. I just want to beat the shit out of him. I go to fightnews and I see these large pictures of that snake and I think of all the people he rips off. Such as stripping Tim Bradley and putting it up for the winner of Morales vs. Barrios??? Are you kidding me?
    ok, I went off on a tangent. Where was I? oh yeah, Canelo is making it hard for me to root for all beaners. Even with this beaner drought. I want that ginger smile of his wiped off. But first Chavez jr needs to get KO'd.

16. CHUCHU

CHUCHU Marquez is God!!!

I like Ortiz but he gets crossed up too much. He's gonna get KO'd early by Mayweather. Ortiz will make it entertaining due to his aggression. However it wont last. I hope it does. Go Ortiz!

17. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

I was watching Golpe a Golpe last week and the leprechaun was the guest and he also picked Mayweather. He said Mayweather's defense is on another level. He mentioned Ortiz tends to get hit a lot and even though he admitted Mayweather does not hit that hard he will hit Ortiz and not get hit. This type of fight is taylor made for Mayweather. I agree with Chuchu Ortiz is going to get Tkoed in the 5th.

18. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

Thats a bif IF, because Ortiz is gonna be very focused like he was vs Berto and PBF has been inactive for a while now. Ortiz is hungry, is fast enough and hits very hard if his chin and his heart hold up, he should be able to beat PBF.

you're thinking with your heart not with your head. Mayweather fights once a year. For some fighters the time off doesnt affect them at all. Mayweather is that way. He is a veteran yet he has hardly been touched at all. Ortiz on the other hand is in too many wars because of his poor defense. He's a train wreck. Mayweather is a master at picking one dimensional fighters
    apart. See Mayweather-Corrales and Mayweather-Ndou.

19. CHUCHU

CHUCHU Marquez is God!!!

Serously! Mayweather has never been fucking touched! I hate his unentertaining style but I have to admire the dude. He is the greatest fighter of this era. imagine if he fought like he used to (such as when he fought Corrales). Remember when he danced around in the ring? The dude was untouchable! He changed his style a bit to make it more crowd pleasing, but he can change ig to the former if he desired. And if he did, the dude would really never be touched. Thats why I think he would capitalize on Pacmans weaknesses.

20. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

I am upset when the articles on Jose Sulamian at Fightnews are complimentary when he pulls some underhanded shit like the catering to Morales situation. Actually, I think the WBC does some good things for fighter safety, and they are very helpful with feedback. However, when they cater to undeserved Mexican contenders, just because they are Mexican and Jose is as well, (allowing Chavez Jr. to fight for a world title, supporting Arum and Margarito despite the shit they have have pulled, Now calling Tim Bradley a Champion in recess so that Morales can "win" a 4th world championship , there association and favoritism to King and Arum, but yet they still get away with shit like this.)

Ok fine, if you want to have Barrios-Morales fight, even though Barrios has never fought at this weight class, set it up as some elimination thing. But don't dismiss Tim Bradley as champion. Delahoya's in on this shit too. Makes many people just want to slap that grin off his face!

Jack