Saul Alvarez Calls Out Juan Manuel Marquez

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

Canelo Alvarez along with other young fighters are the future of Mexican Boxing. I don't have a crystal ball so I cant tell you how their career will pan out. I can only hope they improve and go on to become future champions. Marquez is an on and off fighter. He's had many opportunities to show his greatness. You can make all the excuses you want for him but when he faced the best (Pacquio, Mayweather) he failed. He's just not in their level. I think it's an insult to even mention him along the same breath as Barrera and Morales. You have great fighters like Mab, Morales, Paquio, Mayweather. Than you have very good fighters like Marquez, Cotto, Dela Hoya, Mosley, Margarito ect...

2. El tanke

El tanke Member

You arent surprised becase old, pathetic, mexican wanna bees that want to be mexican teenage girls love canelos good looks.

Canelo has been matched VERY carefully, now he is a champ he should be fighting real fighters.
    Tito Trinidad comes to my mind, he won the title and his first defense was vs Yory Boy Campas, undefeated 57-0 and at HIS own weight. Tito KOd him, and Tito was 21 I believe.
    He became a champ, and no one made excuses for him, he started fighting good fighters andf real welterweights.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Mark, you say he is doing well for only being 20 and that others were fighting bums at age 20.

that point is invalid because he just fought for a title. what do you mean wait 3 years from now? he has to fight #1, #2, #3 in his division or fight the other champs to unify if he wants respect.

he fought for a title (made his bed, now he has to lie on it). the time to fight the best is NOW. he's a "world champ". he can't claim he's a "work in progress". hes a world champ. he had the balls to say that he's a work in progress after the fight in the ring to max kellerman. thats bullshit.

4. El tanke

El tanke Member

He said he needed at least 3 or 4 fights before he can fight real fighters. LMAO
    If hes work in progress then why did they make him a champ? hes the true definition of PAPER CHAMP!!!!

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

exactly. work in progress my ass. he decided to agree to fight for a world title, now fight the best, you pussy.

vargas fought to soon for a title and was thrown to the lions and got his ass beat, but you have to respect him for trying to be a WORLD CHAMPION. if he doesn't think he's ready yet, he should tell sulaiman to take the belt away and keep on fighting smaller bums until he thinks he's ready to fight a real fighter for the title.

6. El tanke

El tanke Member

And by saying the best, I aint saying Pacquiao or Mayweather.
    Im saying fight people with a pulse, Kirkland, Angulo, Cintron, etc.

But I bet you he will start calling out Marquez, and saying marquez is a pussy for not fighting him.

7. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

What about the wanna be guero culeros(mojados) that hate on Canelo and anything good that comes out of Mexico? I remember my friend told me a story about a this fisher man. He had two buckets. Both filled with crabs. One had a lid and one didnt. So this guy ask this fisher man. Hey mister why don't you have a lid on those crabs won't they get out? So this pescador says no senor these here are Mexican Crabs. When ever one tries to get out the others will pull them back down. It's sad for me to say but we Mexicans are that way. Can't stand to see other mexicans make it.

8. El tanke

El tanke Member

what a touching story. aaaawwwww

We, real mexican fight fans support REAL mexican fighters and champions.
    We support fighters like Segura, Mares, Angulo, Rafael Marquez, Vazquez, not to mention Barrera, Morales, Chavez etc etc.

We just dont give our support to pretenders, like Canelo or JCC jr.
    If you want to support guys who have to have hand picked opponents in order to look good, go ahead. Just dont think everyone is gonna do what you say, Id Support Brandon Rios, because he fights real opponents. over canelo, because he has to fight smaller, older and inactive guys.
    It takes brains to understand that, and you aint got none son.
    Get back to you geek squad job and leave the boxing talk to people that know.

9. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

Brandon RIos? I like him too but what's up with the screaming after every fight? Is he trying to prove he's Mexicanc Is that really necessary, okay we get it he's Mexican. I think we could have guessed that by looking at him. Let me tell you something about Brandon Rios. Bradon is from the same school as Fernando Vargas. He's a thug from Oxnard and he's gonna end up getting knocked out just like Vargas. He's a train wreck waiting to happen. I'll be watching:popcorn:

10. El tanke

El tanke Member

Maybe, but he can punch, he can take a punch and he fights whoever there is to fight. He doesnt pick and choose his oponents.

Vargas actually made me proud at some point, because he fought some great fighters when he was a young man. He won some, he lost some, but he never ducked no one.
    When he was young he fought Quartey, Campas, Wright and Tito. How is that for balls?

11. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Rios is not unbeatable but he'll give everyone their money's worth. The kid is also not one to shy from challenges. That's written all over him.

On the other hand, Alvarez will also get beaten badly in the future, but I don't think it'll take a top quality fighter to do the job. I'm not even sure that he beats a past prime Ouma right now, much less fighters like Margarito and Angulo.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

no mames, kinich. whats up with the screaming? what do mexicans do when they hear a corrido they like? what do they do when they feel like celebrating?

i thought it was fucking bad ass, and as a matter of fact, his grito is top notch. it sounded pretty fucking outstanding.

13. El tanke

El tanke Member

Kinich is from a wealthy mexico city family, dont forget that. Fresas dont do the scream. LOL

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

funny, but when talking about canelo, we always mention angulo, who himself isn't all that good, yet we all seem to agree that he'll tear canelo a fucking new asshole. what does that say about canelo the "champ"?

15. El tanke

El tanke Member

it means Canelo sucks. and is a protected joke.

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

canelo sucks, but julito swallows.

nice going, mexico. you hype up big ol' pieces of shit while never mentioning segura, angulo, mares, and other bad ass youngsters.

my, how the mighty have fallen.

17. Rebel

Rebel Admin

The problem with the others is that they're smaller fighters and not very good looking despite being so much better in the actual ring. Mexico wants to market it's bigger gueritos because there's millions to be made off them.

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

what do you mean? mares is kinda cute!

love,

SNATCHito

19. El tanke

El tanke Member

Mexi and Rebel, we agree 100% on this.

Sadly in mexican soaps blondes are the main characters, and darks are the maids, ALMOST always.

20. sanchito

sanchito BF Resident Douchebag

India, guera...don't matter as long as she's hot.