Ruiz Jr. vs Joshua

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Remus

Remus Member

Im not gonna take that victory away from AJ. He deserves credit where it’s due.

But...weren’t you just whining about Ortiz being old ? Notwithstanding, you just called out ONE fight. So based on ONE fight against a very old and worn out champion, you claim AJ has the better body of work ? Dangerous at 41 ? Bruh...I’m not sure he was ever “dangerous”.

2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

The key word is champion. A guy that made it to the very top of the sport and more importantly dominated the division for years. Ortiz never became champion. Even with his respectable 300 amateur fights he was never anything more than a cuban cabana boy by comparison.

3. Remus

Remus Member

Stiverne was a champion too. Did you see what happened to him in the rematch ? Kilt dominated one of the worst hw eras of all time...this is well known. Not to mention he was 41 and almost 70 fights into his career.

No matter which way you argue, you manage to contradict yourself with predictable frequency bro. :)

4. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

If the fight ever gets made (big if) just dont be surprised if AJ makes it look easy. You heard it here first. AJ is smart he's not going to take his next fight lightly specially if its Wilder.

5. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Joshua doesn’t get some huge amount of credit for beating Wlad. Let’s remember that Fury had already beaten Wlad a year and a half before Joshua. In facing Fury, Wilder has went against someone better than Joshua ever has. That Fury was better than the shell of Wlad that almost koed Joshua.

6. Remus

Remus Member

These guys can bang. Anything can happen in HW. It wouldn’t surprise me to see AJ or wilder win. Although I pick wilder by a pretty savage KO.

But it ain’t going down like the Ruiz fight. There’s no way in hell AJ boxes on the outside for 12 rnds against wilder and survives. Won’t happen. He’s gonna have to stand and deliver at some point. And against fury he’s gonna get schooled. The one and only reason I give wilder a chance against fury is purely down to one thing. His power. He’s not in fury’s league as a boxer.

7. TIP

TIP Member

I'd like to see AJ fight Ortiz.

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Wow you guys really think Fury is something spe

So will you continue to follow his career until he retires? Lol

Fatboy is all about excuses. Instead of taking his loss like a man. He's blaming this on eating and partying too much. What a slap on the face for guys that would give their life to have that opportunity. Mexican American fighters are Lazy. Chris Arreola, Fernando Vargas, Panchito Bojado, Brandon Punching Bag Rios. And now add Ruiz. Just human garbage that took thier careers for granted. You think Chavez Sr., Juan Manuel Marquez, Canelo, Sanchez or any Mexican born would ever get fat and lazy like that? Dont think so homeboy!

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

How nany mexicans have come in over the limit in the last 2 months? I can name at least 3. Two of those fights were cancelled.

Fuck off.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Bojado was born in Guadalajara.

Suck it!!

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

How many Mexican born fighters have been popped using clembuterol?

Nery, illiterate indian, and canela to name a few.

Suck it, part deux.

12. Remus

Remus Member

Ruiz is not the first dude that won a title and then got complacent. It’s not a phenomena reserved to mexican americans. When it comes to HW’s it’s even more common. Buster Douglas and Rahman are 2 that immediately come to mind. Even someone as great as Lennox Lewis was frequently looked undertrained and overweight.

In all honesty, I think part of it was complacency, part of it was being blinded by the spotlight... but I also think part of it was him thinking putting on weight was a good game plan.

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Its funny that Mexican borns aren't invited to meet the president of mexico after winning a title or at leastnot since Chavez. You have to be Mexican American for that to happen.

14. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

You know obviously I'm exaggerating. Mexican American boxers are not the only ones that pull shit like this. I'm saying if you compare oldschool Mexican legends you would never see that. I think a big reason for that is hunger. The desire to succeed. These legends like Chavez Sr., Sanchez, Morales and Canelo have gone through hell and back to get where they got. Theres a huge diffrence between being a poor Mexican fighter and a poor American. A guy like Manny pacquio made just enough money for his first pro fight to buy a bag of rice to feed his family. You think fat fuck Chicanos like Ruiz know what thats like?

15. Remus

Remus Member

Oh yeah, for sure. But Chavez, Sanchez and Morales are genuine legends man. Ruiz, is not.
    Those dudes are fuckin warriors. Born warriors.

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

fuck morales.....he got popped using clembuterol.

oh wait, it was the meat he ate, right?

17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

you also have Mexican American legends who never pulled that shit, either. you have Oscar, carbajal, the canizales brothers, johnny tapia, little red lopez, bobby chacon.

stop patting yourself on the back, junior.

18. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Thats my point. Mexfighter before the rematch said Ruiz being the first Chicano hw champ was a huge accomplishment. And he was going to follow his career until he retires lol. As if somehow being the first at something equals greatness. Ruiz did a good thing. But staying at the top takes discipline and sacrifice something very few are willing to do. I'm a little embarrassed everyone is saying that tub of lard is the first Mexican hw. I almost wish he had never beaten Joshua the first time and spared Mexico the ridicule. Mexican greats must be spinning in their graves.

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

see, the thing is I've been following his career since he turned pro pretty much like every other fighter. you make it seem as if he just appeared out of the blue. I remember when I went to go visit my dad in mexico around 7 years ago, he was fighting and we were tripping out on how he had lost weight compared to when he started.

he's my heavyweight version of chocolatito, nietes, and inoue.

20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

also, if it wasn't a huge accomplishment, why did YOUR president invite him to his residency?