Ruiz Jr. vs Joshua

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Dec 6, 2019.

1. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Sweet science sucks.

2. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

He held less than Wlad but it was a very similar plan. He clearly didn’t want to stop moving.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

So we're supposed to love this hit and not be hit shit? Keep it.

4. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

Shades of Lewis v Tua. Ruiz just too fat. Joshua showed he's not really much of a boxer but got the job done. Joshua's post fight interviews are so cringey. Can't wait for Wilder or Fury to take him out.

5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Joshua is going to have trouble going forward because the strategy he employed against Ruiz isn't going to work against Fury or Wilder. He's not going to beat Fury at his own game and keeping the smaller man at bay isn't going to work against Wilder who is the same size. Safest route for Joshua is to feast on the Povetkin and Hunter's of the division until someone starches him. The only other option is to cash out against a Wilder or Fury and walk.

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Poor English fans no knockouts and no booze. That's a first for English fans I bet lol.

7. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

A couple of times in the fight he seemed a little dazed by Ruiz's punches who doesnt hit nearly as hard as Wilder. Its an interesting fight because I think after the Ruiz fight AJ is a bit underrated. Lets not forget Wilder can get hurt. The way he pulls straight back. The way he telegraphes his punches have disaster written all over them. And if there is one guy that has enough power to ko Wilder its AJ. To me its a 50/50 fight.

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Joshua chiquita gonzalez'd himself to ruiz' carbajal.

9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

"something that excites me is that in over 120 year of boxing, there hasn't been a CHICANO heavyweight champion. he didn't fluke his way to those belts, he knocked the champ down 4 times. never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd live to see an actual CHICANO heavyweight champ.

so I'm going to follow him until he retires and get excited about watching him fight whenever he does because he's the ultimate true life rocky balboa."

Mexfighter

Well the career of the first Chicano HW champ was cut short today. That didnt take very long lmao
    :clapping::mexsmiley::rotfl:

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

He lost to a runner...better than getting ktfo.

Sorry, a boxer.

I'll be ok,i swear.

11. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Ruiz did what he was supposed to do but the extra weight prevented him from being effective.

12. Remus

Remus Member

So disappointed. He was too heavy. Surely he knew he was gonna have to chase Joshua. Even though it was horrible, joshua did exactly what he needed to do. It changes nothing re; Joshua vs Wilder. It just comes down to one thing, when will wilder land ? I don’t think it’s an “if”. Fury would beat the hell out of Joshua and make him look very silly.

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Honestly I dont see what you guys see in Fury and Wilder. I happen to like Joshua. Probably the most likeable out of the 3. Joshua was gracious in victory and humble in defeat. Just seems like a really nice guy. I don't get where all this hate for Joshua comes from? He's not saying he wants to kill people in the ring or goes around beating up mildly retarded internet trolls. Here's a guy with all the tools to be the face of boxing. A good ambassador for the sport and all you guys do is shit on him. Remember it was Wilder that turned down a 120 mil deal with dazn to duck AJ not the other way around. What happened to this place? Its like im posting in some parallel universe.

14. Remus

Remus Member

Does wilder really strike you as a dude that ducks anyone ? lol nah bruh...firstly, he’s too proud, secondly he’s a fuckin warrior. Thirdly and most importantly, he’s uber confident and not that bright. He genuinely doesn’t think anyone can beat him.

Joshua is a super nice guy but he’s not exciting. Not for me anyway. He can’t box like fury can and he can’t knock people out like wilder can.

I love the wway people refer to joshua as an Instagram model cos that’s how he comes off to me.

15. Remus

Remus Member

He’s still live. He just prepared poorly imho. Too heavy and cocky. He got pitty patted to death by a dude who was terrified of him.

Michael Matos likes this.
  16. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

what was frustrating was seeing Ruiz unable to react when he needed to react. There were spots where he was supposed to explode but c c c c could n n n not .... he could just think of what he wanted to do

Remus likes this.
  17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

if we broke down resumes who's faced the toughest opposition... AJ or Wilder? If we look at who they fought you'll see who's ducking who. I'm sure Wilder would get in the ring with anyone but its the people behind him (Haymon/PBC) that call the shots. Unless youre Mayweather and own your own promotions most fighters have very little say on who they fight. No matter who wins I'd love to see it. But I do think people are sleeping on AJ now when its very much a cointoss fight. And AJ may not knock out guys cold with one punch like Wilder but he has enough mustard on his punches to hurt Wilder. I mean if Ortiz had Wilder on queer street Joshua definitely can. Fury cant punch his way out of a wet paper bag. AJ can punch.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  18. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Which speaks volumes because when the next list of the greatest power punchers in the history of heavyweights comes out Andy Ruiz jr. isn't going to be on that list.

19. Remus

Remus Member

I don’t think either has the edge over the other for their body of works. I certainly don’t know enough about the HW division to judge and neither do you. If anything wilders is more impressive in the last 2-3 years. AFAIK brezeale is their only shared opponent. Did you see what he did to brezeale ?

20. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Im talking about Joshua vs Klitscho. Wilder has never faced somebody as dangerous as Klitscho. I saw that knockout but again Brezeale and Ortiz are not Klitscho.