Ruiz Jr. vs Joshua

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Andy Ruiz Jr. weighed in at 283 lbs, that's 15 lbs heavier than the 268 he scaled for the first fight. Joshua came in at 237 nearly 10 pounds lighter than he was for the first fight. Buster Douglas came in 15 pounds heavier for his fight against Holyfield than he was when he won the title from Tyson. I've always said in no sport does history repeat itself like Boxing. We'll see.

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Andy ruiz went into the weigh in fully clothed and wearing a sombrero. I think he's playing mind games with Joshua.

According to his trainer, he's actually around 272.

3. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I heard that and did find it somewhat odd that he weighed in fully clothed.

mex fighter likes this.
  4. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

I remember earlier Ruiz lost a lot of weight and people were thinking he's lost too much. Somewhere between then and now he's piled the weight back on. I know some of the heavier fighters feel vulnerable when they lose too much. I honestly don't know how this fight will play out. I think if Ruiz can avoid being blasted out early he'll win in around the 7th or 8th.

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Supposedly, that picture of a thinner Andy was photoshopped on purpose.

I know people make shit up but that picture was definitely fake. He's never been that thin.

6. Carlos

Carlos ---

Joshua, no doubt.

7. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Such a tough call. Joshua has great physical attributes but can he protect his glass chin? I will say no and pick Ruiz but it’s very hard to predict.

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

That's why this is such a good fight. Hard to pick a winner.

9. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

My official prediction is Ruiz in 8 rounds. Think Joshua will be very cautious but won't be able to knock out Ruiz and Ruiz for all his weight has more ability to fight deep in to fights and will be getting through Joshua's defense by then and Joshua will go down again.

10. Remus

Remus Member

Every HW fight between these top 4 is hard to predict. My heart says Ruiz but I’m a little worried at the weight gain. By the looks of things, he’s gonna have to chase Joshua and those extra pnds may hurt him late. I hope he can finish it.

I sooooooo badly want Ruiz to win.

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Ruiz wins by ko 5

12. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

The fight is expected to take place sometime between three and four this afternoon and that's around midnight in Saudi Arabia and temperatures are forecast to be in the high 40's to low 50's by fight time. I think it was Hagler vs Mugabi, they fought outdoors in Vegas and it was a cold night and they would show Hagler in his corner between rounds and you could see the steam coming off his head. The other day I was talking about PPV and the DAZN model. DAZN has 8 million subscribers, You either pay $20.00 a month or $100.00 a year so through subscriptions the least amount of money they are bringing in is 800 million a year. If this fight today was offered on PPV only do you think it would be starting at three in the afternoon? Probably not because with PPV the key to profitability is maximizing the audience. DAZN doesn't have to worry about that, they already have their money

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Interesting fact about dazn. So why do you think they made canelo and kova wait for ufc to end to start the main event? I mean with your logic, them already having their money.

Btw good looking out on the start time of the fight. 3 or 4 in Barbados or California?

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Main event noon in cali.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I'm grandfathered in at 9.99 a month at dazzin.

16. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

With all the different platforms on the web some legal some no so much (wink) I was thinking how lucky we are as fight fans. Right now we are spoiled. And thanks chump for letting me know. Good looking out.

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Seven live boxing streams today (counting Showtime if you’re a cord-cutter). It’s looking like an almost twelve-hour block of fisticuffs with few lapses. Here’s the line-up:

11AM ET/8AM PT on UFC Fight Pass
    Alexei Egorov vs. Serhiy Radchenko

Noon ET/9AM PT on DAZN
    Andy Ruiz Jr. vs. Anthony Joshua (Undercard)

2PM ET/11AM PT on UFC Fight Pass
    Peter Manfredo Jr. vs. Milton Nunez

3PM ET/Noon PT on DAZN
    Andy Ruiz vs. Anthony Joshua (Main Event)

7PM ET/4PM PT on Showtime social media
    Louisa Hawton vs. Lorraine Villalobos

9PM ET/6PM PT on Showtime
    Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan

9PM ET/6PM PT on ESPN+
    Emanuel Navarrete vs. Francisco Horta

18. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

If Andy Ruiz and Charlo get put in a coma today it will put a smile on my face.:)

19. Valdosta

I don’t care who Canelo is rooting for. Get this cheater off my tv and the fight started.

20. Valdosta

Let’s see if Glass Joe has learned how to protect his chin.

Michael Matos likes this.