Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez vs. Srisaket Sor Rungvisai 2

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Hawaiianpunch, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

No my point is this. Smaller weight classes have a smaller talent pool. Chocolatito is the size of a Jockey. How many people do you personally know that are small enough to become a Jockey? Maybe one? Ok now out of those how many are world class boxers? Usually people that small come from Asia or malnourished 3 world Latin American country. They either didn't grow properly because of some birth defect or por nutrition. If there's no money in lower weight classes then there's less talent. That's why Chocolatito had so much success but as he moved up and the level of competition got better he got exposed. Easy to be 40 and 0 when you're fighting impoverished midgets suffering from malnutrition.

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

how were chavez, who started at 126, and finito fighting for the #1 lb 4 lb spot when they were in their primes if ricardo lopez only weighed 105?

why are Mexicans known as the "mejores pesos gallos del mundo"?

do some research and check out what weight class peso gallo is since you can't speak Spanish all that well, pocho.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

as far as talent pools....there really isn't all that much talent out there anymore. if you're talking lightweights, jr. welters, and welters, most are from mexico and the u.s.

where's the worldy talent pool?

4. Remus

Remus Member

you did ? lol
    how so Theon ?

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

hahaha now you go back to theon.

don't go away mad....just go away.

this was fun while it lasted. off with you.

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

kinich, please answer.

7. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Well P4P is all subjective. It's all for shits and giggles since we'll never see lomachenko fight GGG. But for me it's three things.

the quality of opposition
    Popularity
    How exciting a fighter is to watch

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

popularity?

shit, butterbean had a great chance then.

9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I also said quality of opposition. I guess In your haste to make a "cute comment" you conveniently left that out.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

you also said exciting.....in your haste you forgot that butterbean was pretty damn exciting. so he fits the bill in 2 out of 3. pretty close to p4p in your eyes.

andre ward is famous but he isn't very popular. how is he #1 p4p?

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Andre ward retired in his prime. That should tell you something.

12. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I don't look at pound for pound that way.

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

neither do I...I wanted to see his criteria.

now I know his opinion of p4p is shit.

no wonder he didn't consider choco as a possible p4per

14. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Choco was overrated by you the rest of us didn't know he existed. Now that he lost back to back I doubt hes a p4p anything. Wait maybe the p4p human punching bag.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

lost to a guy 4 times his weight class.

who gives a damn if you know him or not? the hell are you anyway?

no way in hell he's not p4p....he's not popular enough.

sigh

16. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I'm probably the closest thing you'll come to knowing a real hardcore boxingfan/trained in boxing/MMA. Let's just say I know a thing or two about fighting.

Stick to posting about making Sunday brunches cup cake that's your forte. Leave the boxing to the men in the forum theon.

17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I sense a little anger there, Charlie.

18. Goyo

Goyo Member

Nice criteria!

19. Goyo

Goyo Member

Boxing is popular in central/south america, Mexico and Asia. The smaller athletes begin boxing at a young age in these places.

Very few kids who are elite athletes here are going into boxing. The talent pool is actually smaller in the higher weights.

20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Brandon rios, p4p king.

has great opposition
    is pretty popular
    is exciting to watch