Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez vs. Srisaket Sor Rungvisai 2

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Hawaiianpunch, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

That's a nice midget list....what if I don't like any of those guys or just one or two maybe.

Carbajal heard of him fighting another midget with a funny name(Chiquita enough said)

Finito Lopez meh...boring
    Donny nietes who dafook is that guy?
    Choco exposed
    Nonito was fun to watch...he sucks now
    Gallo Estrada....the only solid fighter on your list
    Vic was fun to watch
    Like Rafa Marquez
    Morales
    Pacquio

The rest are garbage
    Viloria
    Tyson Marquez
    Garbage garbage

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

But exciting. Do yourself a favor, watch tyson marquez vs nica concepcion 1 or 2 on youtube.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

You said viloria is garbage? Thats ignorance at its worse.

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Which finito fight was boring?

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Yeah I've seen it was good. Lots of knockdowns....but still it's midget fights. Hard to take them seriously. My favorite midget fight Marquez vs Austin.....Snowel saying it won't be long now then Timmy gets ktfo lmao. Priceless.

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

This is my thing in order for me to care about a fight I need to know the fighters. If I don't watch them coming up and follow the weight class it's hard to care. The significance of a fight is as important as the actual fight for me.

7. sanchito

sanchito BF Resident Douchebag

Remus and Kinch's opinions on this are fucking weird and trolly.

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I'm sure if they saw two short guys having a fist fight in school they'd watch or maybe not....they're midgets.

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

funny thing is that remus' hero, kostya is 5'7"....hardly a giant.

finito lopez is 5'5", only two inches shorter.

meh...

10. Remus

Remus Member

?? Really ??
    when you think of the most exciting fighters n the last 30 years you think of straw weights ? Really ? lol

We're hardly alone. Google most exciting fighters of the last 30 years and you'll see very few "midgets". It's not controversial or weird at all. If anything, it's the opposite, it's absolutely mainstream.

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Exactly when people look back at boxing's golden era we think of Sugar Ray Leonard, Hearn, Hagler. The middle and Welter weight division has always been a glamour division. When I think of iconic fights I think of Foreman-Ali, Frazier-Ali, Tyson-Holyfield, Hagler-hearns, Trinidad - Delahoya....even casual fans know these names....who the fuck will remember Brian Viloria? Lmao...

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Im not trying to troll don't get me wrong I have enjoyed watching fights in smaller weight classes too. Like Barrera vs Hamed, Barrera-Morales 1, 2, Marquez-Pacman. Pac-Morales...but these guys were not that small some moved all the way up Welter weight....when I say midgets I'm strictly saying straw weights and mini flyweights....I'll pass on that thanks.

13. Remus

Remus Member

135-160 is typically the sweet spot.

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

first it was 108, then it was fighters under 127, now it's straw weights?

also, you're basing your whole argument on what you find out on google?

if this was going on at the non-boxing forums, you'd have ripped me a new one.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

who compares to those fighters you mentioned nowaways, though?

actually, Chiquita vs carbajal was a fight between maybe top 3-4 lb x lbers at the time.

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

surprise surprise......kostya weight.

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I disagree with Remus on this one I have watched plenty of fights at feather weight I enjoyed. So for me it's from 126 on up..... But I get what he's saying at 135 you start seeing some devestating punchers. I think of Duran, Mosley, Tzyu, Corrales to name a few we're all devestating punchers. You don't see that kind of power and violence in the midget weight classes.

Case in point Corrales vs Castillo had arguably the greatest Rd of all time took place at 135....can you think of any midget fight that even compares to that?

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

yeah, all 4 rafa marquez vs Israel Vazquez fights.

19. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

IMO the best round of all times was the first round of Hagler vs Hearns. Castillo vs Corrales was up there too, but that was during round 10, when they were both tired, so when they got hit, it showed a lot more. Hagler vs Hearns were fresh as shit, throwing down like that, no feeling out process, back and forth, Hearns hurting and cutting Hagler, yet Hagler coming forward like a charging mad bull...all in the very first round...that was legendary.

After that first round, Hearns shot his load...and was practically done.

20. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

As I said, I like from featherweight and up...maybe bantamweight. But anything under that, I quickly lose interest.