Robert Garcia targets Danny v Mikey

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Playboy, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Lol yeah too many heathens....but I can respect a guy like Playboy. He believes in what he believes in does his thing....but shows respect to everyone. Honestly everybody is cool here for the most part. The only guy that pissed me off in here was Mex because he said some stuff about my kids. At the time I was living in Corona and he was in the IE. Literally minutes away...at the time I was training at Chris Arreolas and Josesito Lopez gym in Riverside ...so I said Alright motherfucker you want to talk shit about my kids let's meet up and box it out...not a street fight, no knives, no guns. Let's just get in the ring and let's duke it out...you know what the little bitch said? The whole forum knows he's a big pussy that's why it doesn't bother me when he calls me a wife beater cause he knows and I know I'd split his motha fucking wig in real life

2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

And yeah Playboy I agree they should make a new fight night type boxing game. I remember kicking it with the homies playing the original fight night on ps one that was badass. With the kind of technology and graphics they could make a badass boxing game. Have you played that EA boxing game for the 360? I forget the name just never played it.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

the only problem is that I never said anything about your kids.

you keep saying that but it never happened.

oh, and someone would have to be a dumb motherfucker to meet up and box it out over something that never happened. also, you said you were training in a gym and you call out a guy who hasn't put on gloves in 15 years. its a sport and if you think about it, I wouldn't last 10 seconds because of conditioning all while you had been training all along. yeah, lets go for it!

4. Playboy

Playboy Member

I replied a long rant. I don't know where it went. I'm doing this on my phone now as I no longer have my iPad and I'm still getting used to it.

5. Playboy

Playboy Member

I was saying (this is a re-write) how Kudo Tsunada was in charge then. He was overseeing the project. They need to have Mikey Garcia & Danny Garcia as selectable boxers (trying to keep it thread related) but I really like his vision of where he wanted the franchise to go. Now it's two other guys and they're not as good. The game is fine but the groundwork was already laid and they don't know how to add onto it. All they did was put in a movie mode story which was good but did nothing for the gameplay at large.
    What I liked about the version you mentioned is that if I remember correctly, you could use the analog to throw haymakers depending on how far back you rolled the thumbstick and that made for tense exchanges because getting hit could cost you a flash knockdown. Also I used analog to punch so if I moved the thumbstick slightly I could feint a punch and I could Manipulate one of my friends doing it. Now they took all that out.
    Finally I was talking about how they need to bring back rag doll physics from earlier fight night titles where the boxer falls and his body bounces off of his surroundings rather than the canned animations used now where it's a cut scene and they fall the same exact way. Before it was more dynamic and individual limbs would respond accordingly.

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I don't know if you ever played this Japanese boxing game for ps2 called Ippo heroes...it's based on an anime but the controls you're talking about pulling the analog back and letting it recoil like a whip were first used in that game it's nothing new but I'm glad someone took note and implemented that in a next gen game...great concept that made for exciting exchanges and flash knock out..agree about ragdoll physics in boxing games. I loved bouncing heads off the canvas like McGregor.

7. TIP

TIP Member

I 100% agree with you I want a fighter to always fight at their best weight to maximize their skills. Now as a fighter gets older they may outgrow their weight class and move up one more. I also think, a fighter shouldn't try and get close to their opponents weight when moving up. Example Duran trying to get close to Hagler's weight when he would have been a lot more effective as a welter, because he retains speed, power and endurance. TIP

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

wba wbc wbo ibif, lineal, diamond, platinum, interim.

too many championships in too many weight classes. that's the problem.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Boxing After Dark was awesome! Barerra vs McKinney was the first BAD and it was up up up from there ... at least through most of the 90s

10. Playboy

Playboy Member

It's interesting you say that. No I do not remember that game at all but that is exactly where Kudo Tsunada stole the control scheme from. That Japanese game and he admitted it. I like how intuitive the scheme is. My preferred way to play over button presses.

11. Playboy

Playboy Member

So now I see an interview with Mikey & Robert Garcia and this time Mikey is the one talking so Mikey is saying that the Garcia (Danny "Swift") fight is the main one that interests him and how he fought & beat Danny in the amateurs. He goes on to say that Danny was a better fighter then and now he's sloppy probably because he relies to much on power.
    This is a fight that the fighter wants, I don't know how enthused we as fanatics are to see it. I'd like it even though I'd rather them take other people's heads off first.