Robert Garcia targets Danny v Mikey

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Playboy, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Playboy

Playboy Member

I hate to discuss rumors. I'm the type to wait until it gets confirmed before I consider things but it gets pretty quiet here and conversation is the purpose of why we're here.
    I'd love to see this fight. I'd like to see them fight other people actually but if this fight does get made, color me intrigued. I'd go with Danny because of size. One thing both these guys have is impeccable timing. Mikey's might be better. I don't think Danny has fought anyone as athletic and quick footed as Broner nor seen that hand speed coming at him so I'll give the nod to Mikey on timing but Danny is a couple of weight classes north even though he's coming from 140.
    What say you?

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

of course you want to see this fight...the rican is way bigger than the Mexican.

don't you rather see dani Garcia vs Zurdo Ramirez?

3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

What? Why do you guys keep on talking about Mikey Moving up? He doesn't have pop at 140 and even less at 147. He needs to fight at 135 that's his weight class. This is getting ridiculous.

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

his weight class is 126

5. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Back in 2001, that was the case, but nowadays, all the older hardcore veterans of this site have lost some of their appetite for boxing over the years. I grew up with boxing as my late father was a big time aficionado...but as life goes on, loved ones die, time passes, the older you get, the more cynical you get on some things...and you start gravitating towards other things of interest. Don't get me wrong, I still watch the big fights, but can't be bothered with mid-level shit. Fuck lame ass TV Azteca, UnivisiĆ³n, HBO After Dark, the Showtime Friday Night Fights, and the vast majority of what ESPN showcases. The vast majority of us here post in the Witton Lane (named after one of the old timers here who passed away a few years ago) section of this forum, we prefer to shoot the shit with other types of non-boxing discussions. I have always found it odd that a very few (like you) don't venture into the Winton Lane forum. Is boxing the only thing you like to post about? Weird.

Anyway, end of rant, lol.

Back to your topic at hand...Danny is too big for Mikey...

:mexsmiley:

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Shobox=espn boxing

never have, never will.

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

BeIn espaƱol on Saturday nights has some good fights, though. usually fights from mexico with highly rated fighters, if not champions.

8. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Yeah, I posted Showtime Friday Night Fights...ShowBox, like you said...nothing but shit fights...

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

ahh, no pos ey!

10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I don't get this obsession with moving up in weight. I like champs that stay put and dominate their weight class. A good example was Finito Lopez a true Mexican legend. All this moving up and catch weight bullshit just means they're too fat and undisciplined to make weight. Plain and simple.

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

only thing is that finito moved up, too.

'che pendejo.

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Oh did you just look that up on boxrec? You don't know shit about boxing outside of midget fighters. Stick to your Kung Fu and stupid grill ...I'll own you when it comes to boxing knowledge.

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

boxrec, stupid?

its common knowledge he fought at 108 against grisby. its not my fault you tried to sound knowledgeable and shit the bed, sailor boy.

think about what you just said....I don't know shit about boxing outside of midget fighters....finito is the king of the midgets.

14. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Exactly...so you know your midgets...congrats you played yourself.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I definitely do....doesn't change the fact you fucked up in this thread trying to be smart and shit then thinking I hit boxrec.

stick to what you know...gang banging and hitting women.

16. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I may be in the minority, but I'd pick Mikey over "The Gift." Herrera was smaller with no power, and he was robbed silly in Puelto Lico. Bouts against Loma or even Crawford are pipe dreams since they're promoted by Arum whom Mikey sued to break out of that contract. The Gift is with Haymon as is Mikey. Very easy fight to make.

That said, I have a feeling Haymon will feed Mikey either Victor Ortiz or perhaps John Molina up next.

17. Playboy

Playboy Member

The name was brought up to Robert and he said "why not" so they probably see an opportunity to expose Danny and cash in at the same time. I like both fighters. I've always liked Mikey.
    Erik Morales, Fernando Vargas, Rafael Marquez were some of my favorite boxers.
    I like Canelo too.

18. Playboy

Playboy Member

Boxing After Dark was fantastic.HBO would give you PPV quality fights. I miss those days.Fernando Vargas vs Wink Wright. That was a great match up. I think that fight happened. I can't recall exactly now that I think about it but they had high quality match ups.
    I think Fernando Vargas fought Ike Quartey on there too.

19. Playboy

Playboy Member

I don't really get into other topics because to me everything revolves around God and I don't want to be that guy that sounds like a conspiracy theorist. Politics I feel is corrupt. The media is designed to brain wash the masses to promote whatever agenda they feel is ready to be pushed. The only thing I believe is the Holy bible. Everything that happens I see it written and it makes sense to me but I try never to push it because in 2017 everybody believes in man/themselves, what scientists say, google, the news. Boxing is the only thing that I can separate from all that. I'm into video games a little (actually a lot) but only specific games. They need to make a new boxing game (trying to keep this boxing related). So yeah, I just March to the beat of a different drum and I know how people like to cyber argue. I'm someone who tries to never disrespect anyone and in person I never tolerate disrespect so I try not to put myself in a position to be the subject of bickering.
    Boxing does seem like it's getting a bit watered down. Everybody's taking the business angle and ducking everyone in their prime. Great fights are hard to come by and they take forever to get made to the point where it's not as exciting.

20. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Yeah, you best stay in the boxing section...

:mexsmiley: