RJJ vs. Ruiz in perspective.

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by andrew, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Valentino

Valentino Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Muzse:

There are few descenting opinions around these parts and no real discussion. Which makes these repetitive threads, circle jerks. The level of one-sided, single-minded bias is staggering.

The truth of the matter is, a wider scope of people actually do give this fight credence...as far as other fighters and boxing folks go.

Whether it makes $100 million or $100,000 is immaterial. It's an intriguing fight, which could easily be a boring fight or an exciting one.

DLH-Trinidad was one of the most hyped bouts in the last 20 years...and it stunk. Money and hype don't translate into intriguing bouts.

Let's see the fight and then talk about whether or not it was worth it.

The same folks degrading Ruiz-Jones are the same folks who will line up and purchase every over priced PPV card Arum lines up and the same ones to drop $50 for the DLH-Campas, Morales-Velendez garbage.

BTW, isn't your avatar the same general Zapata, Marlon Brando portrayed in "Viva Zapata" with Anthony Quinn?

[ February 26, 2003: Message edited by: Muzse ]
    <hr></blockquote>

You are also a RJJ nutlicker.

We already know that. In fact, you already have the STAMP OF APROVAL in your right bun.

BTW...welcome back.

2. Valentino

Valentino Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by phonetap:

And would you (and your cronies) be putting Ruiz down if he wasn't fighting Jones? [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

The fact is...for MONTHS (maybe even a year) practically EVERYBODY (with the possible exception of Esk) has been calling Ruiz a "bum", "worthless hwy.", etc.

But once RJJ implied that he wanted to fight Ruiz...out of the sudden Ruiz became this MONSTER!

LOL.

RJJ fans are NOT boxing fans. Shit, they make RJJ opposition look like friggin GOLIATH!

3. Valentino

Valentino Member

You are completely clueless. Ruiz gets attacked by Ricans who don't see him as a real one because he wasn't born (nor lives) in Puerto Rico. Same shit like when some Mexican's diss de la Hoya saying he isn't a real Mexican. Trust phonetap on this...if Ruiz was born in & lived in PR the story would have been completely different..no matter how good or bad he was.
    <hr></blockquote>

Camacho Jr. was borned and lives in Puerto Rico.

You don't see us calling him God.

Puerto Ricans know crap from cream. We are boxing fans.

That's why Santos doesn't have a HUGE following...Camacho Jr. has VERY LITTLE following...and Cotto has a VERY GOOD following.

4. Valentino

Valentino Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Breeze:
    Some of the RJJ haters confuse me. I mean, I used to read that the hate being thrown ar RJJ was justified because he never took on any challenges.

Now, when RJJ fights a solid heavyweight (not any means great or upper echelon heavy)he's criticized again, as though he's not accomplishing much of anything if he wins.

So, is fighting Ruiz a challenge for RJJ? I think it is. I mean, he's giving up a lot of advantages in size, height and reach, and could easily get KO'd if he's not careful in there. Any man 30 pounds heavier could seriously hurt a smaller man.

The prevailing argument was that RJJ would never fight an opponent that had a chance at beating him. Well now he is, and the justification for hating RJJ has shifted from him not accepting a challenge, to not accomplishing anything if he wins.

[ February 26, 2003: Message edited by: Breeze ]
    <hr></blockquote>

NOBODY is critisizing RJJ.

EVERYBODY is critisizing his NUThuggers.

5. Valentino

Valentino Member

When Michael Moorer (a LT. HWY.) defeated Holyfield (a PRIME HWY)...nobody ranked Moorer number 1 P4P.

I won't rank RJJ number one on this fight.

That's ridiculous!

Now, if he fights Dariuz AND Tarver...that's a different story.

6. Rebel

Rebel Admin

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valentino:

The fact is...for MONTHS (maybe even a year) practically EVERYBODY (with the possible exception of Esk) has been calling Ruiz a "bum", "worthless hwy.", etc.

But once RJJ implied that he wanted to fight Ruiz...out of the sudden Ruiz became this MONSTER!

LOL.

RJJ fans are NOT boxing fans. Shit, they make RJJ opposition look like friggin GOLIATH!
    <hr></blockquote>

Have you seen where they've all migrated? Check out fightworld.us and their RJJ Congregation. Minister REED has labeled Roy their Lord and Saviour. [​IMG]

7. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

1. I am Camacho Jrs. only fan..a fact! PRs on this board disowned him a long time ago. Only I remain loyal!
    2.Ruiz may not get heavy ethnic backing because it has been my observation posting here for three years that Mexican/Mex Americans and Puerto Ricans/mainland and island all enjoy following the lower and middleweights and are not big heavyweight followers to begin with...thus for this reason they may not have loads of interest in Ruiz or ANY heavyweight in general.
    3.I would generalize about Black interest in different weight divisions but they seem to be booted off this board so fast I cannot make an accurate judgement..JUST A JOKE..MY SARCASTIC HUMOR..don't holla at me!
    4. White ethnic people love heavyweights.LOL Ringo

8. andrew

andrew Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TIP:

In none of these weight classes was Roy an undisputed champ. TIP
    <hr></blockquote>

Im pretty sure he made 7 defences of his UNDISPUTED light heavy weight title. I never claimed a he was undisputed in any other weight classes. I just said that he beat Hopkins at MW and Toney at SMW.

9. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dubblechin:

You appear to ONLY want to compare Jones and Spinks so you can say THERE'S NO COMPARISON.

But when someone says what Jones is attempting to do shouldn't be compared to Spinks, because it's not the same ... you get bent out of shape about that, too.

You, my friend, have problems.

Dubblechin

[ February 25, 2003: Message edited by: Dubblechin ]
    <hr></blockquote>

Whats the matter dubblechin, you got exposed lying on the forum, and you wont touch the thread, pretending it isnt there?

http://boxingfanatics.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001505&p=6

10. Floom

Floom Member

And would you (and your cronies) be putting Ruiz down if he wasn't fighting Jones? [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

I started putting Ruiz down as soon as he won the
    WBA strap and was proclaimed to be the first latino heavyweight champ. What a disgrace....

11. Floom

Floom Member

STOP being an ass. Ruiz wasn't getting 1/10 of the attention/hate he's getting now as a result of fighting Jones. You are just calling Ruiz shit...then you'll prey to whatever God you worship, hoping he wins so you can ridicule Jones. Your obsessive hate towards Jones comes perilously close to homoeroticism. No man (boxer or not) should be on your mind that much... [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

YOU ARE GOD DAMNED RIGHT!!!! Roy Jones trying to win a heavyweight title is just as legit as calling Holyfield a four time heavyweight champ. BS.

12. Rebel

Rebel Admin

13. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

I was wondering were that went to. I was in the process of moving it. [​IMG]

14. TIP

TIP Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Andrew:

Im pretty sure he made 7 defences of his UNDISPUTED light heavy weight title. I never claimed a he was undisputed in any other weight classes. I just said that he beat Hopkins at MW and Toney at SMW.
    <hr></blockquote>

Many boxing people consider Dariusz Michalczewski the true and lineal 175lb champion. He had three titles after beating Hill and never lost one in the ring. Calling Jones an undisputed champion at 175 is highly disputable. TIP

15. andrew

andrew Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TIP:

Many boxing people consider Dariusz Michalczewski the true and lineal 175lb champion. He had three titles after beating Hill and never lost one in the ring. Calling Jones an undisputed champion at 175 is highly disputable. TIP
    <hr></blockquote>

Yeah im sure they do. FACT is RJJ was UNDISPUTED light heavyweight Champion of the world.

16. Valdosta

Yeah im sure they do. FACT is RJJ was UNDISPUTED light heavyweight Champion of the world.
    <hr></blockquote>

I would call that more of an opinion than a fact considering 2 of the 3 belts that Jones picked up were vacated by Darius.

17. andrew

andrew Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valdosta:

I would call that more of an opinion than a fact considering 2 of the 3 belts that Jones picked up were vacated by Darius.
    <hr></blockquote>

When you hold the WBA, IBF and WBC crowns in one weight class that is UNDISPUTED, fact?

I hope RJJ doesnt fight Dariuz, i already know RJJ is the best light heavy in the world. If RJJ wins this weekend i hope he comes back to LHW and beats the fuck out of Tarver the best of the rest LHW at the moment IMO.

18. Valdosta

When you hold the WBA, IBF and WBC crowns in one weight class that is UNDISPUTED, fact?

I hope RJJ doesnt fight Dariuz, i already know RJJ is the best light heavy in the world. If RJJ wins this weekend i hope he comes back to LHW and beats the fuck out of Tarver the best of the rest LHW at the moment IMO.
    <hr></blockquote>

No, it makes him unified, it's still disputed though [​IMG] Darius lost the belts through politics, not in the ring.

[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: Valdosta ]</p>

19. Punk

Punk Site Owner

No, it makes him unified, it's still disputed
    <hr></blockquote>

[​IMG]

"Unified" is not the same as "undisputed".

20. andrew

andrew Member

No, it makes him unified, it's still disputed though [​IMG] Darius lost the belts through politics, not in the ring.

[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: Valdosta ]
    <hr></blockquote>

Since when? "Unified" is two of the three belts. "Undisputed" is all 3.