Rank the five best light heavyweights Roy Jones Jr. faced off against

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Joe King

Joe King Member

Of course he was still viable, that's why TARVER gets so much credit for the KO. I don't regard the Johnson KO and RJJ's subsequent losses as a big accomplishment for the victors at all.

2. witton_lane

witton_lane Boxing Fanatics All-Time Great

Please don't include JMM in the same post as RJJ....it's insulting to Jones.

He certainly wasn't a young 35 when he fought Tarver, Tarver was easily the fresher fighter. It's actually unreal that you'd claim that after the long pro career Jones had to that point and the weights he'd moved through...jees.

3. Joe King

Joe King Member

Notice how Rebel likes to ignore how crappy Jones looked in the first Tarver fight THAT JONES WON.

4. witton_lane

It's hating...simple as that. I could understand it if these people just admitted they hate the guy but they back up insane claims with irrational points whilst pretending to be level headed, that's what's irritating about it. Trying to elevate JMM to Jones level is a new low :lol:

5. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Jones looked crappy because of Tarver, and I scored that fight a draw.

6. call me crazy, but I think a prime ol roy beats milkdud and johnson

7. Joe King

Joe King Member

LOL.

8. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

These are the best arguments in Jones favor. We either have zero substance and a "lol" or the old "to think this you are nothing but a hater" argument. The two most laughable pathetic ways to argue that i have ever come across. good job. the laughing icon has convinced everyone that in his mythical amazing prime - Roy Jones would never lose to anyone ever.

9. Valentino

Valentino Member

That's pretty easy. In not particular order...

Antonio Tarver
    Montel Griffin
    Virgil Hill
    Reggie Johnson
    Bernard Hopkins ​

10. Joe King

Joe King Member

I have been debating this for years on other sites and months here. The same arguments have been presented numerous times. The LOL at Rebel is because he tries to make it seem like he's objective when he takes the extreme negative view on every point regarding Jones.

If more people said that Tarver won that fight, you can bet that he would say that as well.

11. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Why Reggie Johnson and not Glen Johnson? IMO, this is a mistake a lot of people make when they don't closely look at both of these fighter's resumes at 175. Glen has better wins at 175 and he hasn't been a blip on the radar since he arrived at 175.

12. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Reggie was easily better than Glen Johnson overall but I would agree Glen was better at 175. Not that it matters there was a "slightly" different Roy in the ring with them.

13. witton_lane

Not crazy at all, a post prime Jones clearly beat Tarver and Glen Johnson was actually hand picked as a comeback fight for Jones, no one expected Johnson to even challenge him in that fight, it was a major shock when Jones lost.

It was all about how far gone Jones was, as opposed to Johnson actually being all that good, which he wasn't.

14. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Maybe you and Joe can start rocking these t-shirts. I hear Joe has a good hook up.

[​IMG]

15. give one to ringo and manowar!! they need one as the #1 apologist for the Phlunkies, ah ha!!!

16. well, thats the thing, kinda like hitman said, it can never be proven..we will never know, but I would bet on rjj, fwiw....

17. Joe King

Joe King Member

What promo code did you use to get your JMM one?

18. witton_lane

Hmmmm...I never question your ridiculous excuses for JMM's losses, why do you do the same when it's Jones involved?

Hate seems to be the answer.

19. witton_lane

Of course it can't be proven. It can't be proven that Ali would beat Berbick either, or Leonard would beat Terry Norris or whatever.

Those with common sense and a grasp of greatness tend to know the answer to the question though by using rational thinking as opposed to just jumping for joy because someone they didn't like got beaten.

20. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Promo code was TarverKO2RoidJones. :pimp2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]