Random Boxing Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by sanchito, Oct 9, 2018.

1. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

he didn't train to gain muscle, he trained to get stronger.

big muscles mean fuck all in boxing. chavez had no muscle, neither did barrera.

2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I know it's not a muscle building contest... Erik Morales never looked ripped at feather weight but when he moved up to 147 he looked too flabby and lethargic. Will see if Mikey can bring his power up to 147 that remains to be seen.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

If you could change one boxing result in history, which fight would it be and why?

I'd pick Floyd vs Castillo 1. That would have saved us all the TBE bullshit from Floyd and probably would have saved us from all the Floyd clones.

4. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Best question I've seen on the Boxing board in umpteen years. Holyfield-Valuev because it just extended the heavyweight era of phonies, fakes and frauds.

I came across a statistic that during the entire title reigns of the Klitchko's they only fought 3 or 4 challengers who had beaten a top 10 contender before they challenged for the title. When that get's brought up people say Joe Louis' Bum Of The Month. Louis defended his title 25 times and 21 of those defenses were against top 10 contenders who had beaten at least 2 other top 10 contenders before they fought Louis. Of the remaining 4 title defenses two of those were against reigning light heavyweight champions, John Henry Lewis and Billy Conn

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

What dumbass...I guess you feel pretty stupid now after Spence vs Garcia. Lol

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Not really.

At least one judge didn't have it 114-114.

7. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Watched the card on ESPN last night and I had to shake my head at the lengths they are going through to hype their Terrence Crawford vs A Mere Con PPV card. Con is this, Con is that, Crawford has never faced someone with Con's blah blah blah. Con is going to get washed in this fight, he is long past his sell by date and even if he was at his best sell by date he would still get washed.

8. Remus

Remus Member

Just caught Lomos fight. I suppose that’s what you get when you pair him with someone not near his level in any way. But...he looks electrifying. I don’t know where he goes to show it off though. You get the feeling he’s too small to go up much further and he’s gonna be forgotten like finito.

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

He won't be forgotten because he's a star during social media times.

10. Remus

Remus Member

Now yes. 10 yrs from now though ?
    I don’t know how he’s gonna create a legacy. Surely he’s too small for Crawford.

11. Remus

Remus Member

The torque he generates through the hips is phenomenal. I can’t remember seeing anyone thrown them that well. Maybe Tyson I suppose.

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Pac started that small....smaller actually and he never really grew, either. Loma is better than pac was in his prime.

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I agree he couldn't beat old man Salido dont think he could take on Crawford.

Honestly the biggest fight for Loma is Mikey Garcia. It's a 50/50. Mike is dangerous in the lw divisions. From 130 to 140 he's tough even for Loma.

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Old man salido in his 2nd pro fight, a title fight, which was very close. This loma would destroy that salido easily.

15. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Sure Salido is 40

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

what part of THAT salido did you not understand.

today's loma against the same salido that beat him would destroy salido. it was a title fight in his second fight and you have the audacity to bring it up as a negative?

17. Remus

Remus Member

the salido fight was a total anomaly and doesn't mean a thing imo

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

19. Goyo

Goyo Member

I'll never forget Ricardo Lopez

20. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

You also hyped up Chocolatito and claimed he was the best thing since slice bread bitch. Where is he now? Yeah I thought so. I've seen your knee jerk reactions about supposedly "great fighters" before. I'll wait until he fights a real opponent before I give my opinion. Not just fighting the Toyota Corolla's of the world.