Random Boxing Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by sanchito, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Good move taking Ishe off the televised card, he got washed and immediately announced his retirement.
    Ended up being an entertaining card.

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Any time a tmt fighter loses, its a good thing.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

So buddy mcgirt said that he thinks Floyd loses to leonard, duran, and hearns but he beats chavez.

what do y'all think? I'm thinking that if jose luis Castillo beat Floyd in their first fight and he was a sparring partner for chavez who is stronger, faster, better chin, better technique, and better staNima, wouldn't it be safe to say chavez beats him, too?

4. TIP

TIP Member

That's an interesting comment by McGirt. My guess is his thinking is related to the Chavez/Whitaker fight. That match was at welter and I think Julio was better at 130-140 range as was Floyd. Castillo was 135 when they fought, so I'd say at 130 -140 Julio would beat Floyd, not so sure at 147 though. Julio was a machine and tough as nails, not as quick or tricky as Duran or Leonard but just as tough. TIP

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Just yesterday, chavez said he never worked on the mitts and never used a speed bag. He said he actually doesn't know how to use the speed bag.

His training consisted of running, hitting the heavy bag, and sparring. Also, taking tons of tune up fights to stay sharp.

He said he knew he'd lose soon around his 80th fight because he said that the guys he'd tune up with were hurting him which wouldn't happen in the past.

Great stuff!

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Old school fighters did more sparring and less of the fancy stuff. Our muy Thai trainer would call the speed bag the fag bag. Not very pc in those days lol.

7. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Not surprised old mana Zorrita Soto was able to beat Rios. I was never a fan of this guy. It's safe to say at this point his short career never went anywhere. Both should consider retirement he can't beat any elite fighters. OTRA-DERECHA-SOTO.jpg

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Home country scorecards.

9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

You think so? I honestly haven't seen it. Generally speaking though where do you go from a loss to Soto if you're Rios? Back to the drawing board or retirement? Both guys are pretty much shot out now days.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

He probably needs money. He's the stepping stone now.

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Do you think Robert Garcia is a good trainer? I think he's overrated. I think his dad big G was a better trainer. Most of Roberts fighters end up falling short in big fights. They put up good fights but lose. I think Robert ruined Brandon's career.

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

big g had Robert and vargas.

Robert has mikey and tons of other fighters looking for his services.

I think he's good.

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Best boxing moments

Marquez vs Austin =Tim's trainer Snowel saying it won't be long now before his fighter getting ktfo

Brandon Rios quitting like a little bitch against Bradley. So satisfying.:yoyes::nodding:

And of course my favorite boxing moment Diego Corrales spitting out the mouth piece to get a few seconds to recover. Rest in peace young warrior wherever you are

Paulie getting his ridiculously long mop head chopped off during the fight:rotfl:

14. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Anybody catch the Lara-Castano fight on Showtime last night? Good scrap, ended up being a draw. 115-113 Castano, 115-113 Lara and 114-114. One of those rare fights where the three different scores by the judges was a true reflection of the fight. It was that close.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Refuse to watch lara.

16. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

There's a couple of YouTubers, Boxing Ego and Dontae's boxing nation that claim Lara beat Canelo and that he's never been given a fair shake with the judges in any of his major fights because of his "superior boxing skill" and because he's black. If he was as good as they claim wouldn't he be a world champion by now?

17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

How did one judge have the fight a draw between freckles and floyd?

Michael Matos likes this.
  18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Will Mikey go all 12 rounds with Spence?

19. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Yeah I think it will go the distance.

20. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

He'll come up one short.