Random Boxing Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by sanchito, Oct 9, 2018.

1. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

Here we go...:Popcorn:

2. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

So I'm tuning into this card on Sky Sports and the main event is "Baby" Miller and Claressa Shields is on the undercard as well but you'll never guess who also showed up on the undercard, Brandon Rios who hasn't fought in a year and a half and he's fighting Canelo's brother Ramon. You have to work really hard to make Rios look good at this stage of his career and Ramon put in that work, he zigged when he should have zagged, he backed up in perfect straight lines, kept his gloves just low enough to allow Rios to bounce punches off his chin. It was perfection and finally in the 10th round the referee rewarded Alvarez for his hard work and stopped the fight giving Rios the TKO victory.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Viva bam bam!!!

4. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Lets see him beat the real Alvarez (Saul) not the less talented brother. Fuck that brain damaged cholo wannabe.

5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

According to the commentary last night Rios grew up in Kansas so it was a homecoming for him. Also on the card last night was Nico Hernandez also from Kansas who won a bronze medal in Rio at flyweight, he won a 8 round decision to go to 6-0. He looks like a decent fighter. Claressa Shields won a ten round decision over a late substitute, she was supposed to fight Christina Hammer for the undisputed middleweight title but Hammer pulled out with a "medical condition" on October 1st and can't fight until March. Quick math adds up to 6 months so I have a pretty good idea what the "medical condition" is.

In the main event " Big Baby" Miller knocked out a no name brand. I don't get the hype around Miller, he looks very ordinary to me.

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I don't doubt it'll happen. Don't forget rios started at 135.

7. Remus

Remus Member

i was flicking thru the sport channels last night and came across mayorga/ dlh. had the whole fight promo aswell including the press conferences etc. that shit was pretty funny. never seen dlh as triggered as he was in the presser when mayorga was talking shit about his wife and his mexican-ness. shame mayorga never took boxing seriously, he coulda been better than he was.

El Profesor likes this.
  8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

he definitely has Vernon Forrest's number.

his bitchfest with Fernando vargas was 20 times worse than the one with Oscar de la thong.

9. Remus

Remus Member

the reason i remember the vargas one was cos of the glass barrier they used at the press conference.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I remember they had security guards in between Tyson and lewis, too...inside the ring.

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

If you could ask one fighter, any fighter in history, just one question and he had to reply honestly, who would it be and what would you ask?

12. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Fighter: Marquez

Question: Es cierto que ese guey se hecho su cuñada hace 10 años?

13. Remus

Remus Member

i caught some highlights of these 2 old mma guys fighting. ortiz vs some dude with a mohawk. that shit was sad as fuck. that mohawk dude man...he looked old...like old old. hard to watch that. golden boiy should be ashamed of himself

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Watch that shit on youtube at x1.25 speed. They're fighting at normal speed like that, i swear.

15. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Worst part was Ortiz's post fight celebration like he had won the hw ufc title or something. Tito and I are exactly the same age 43 and we wrestled in the same tournaments but I never liked his antics. Hes an orange county guy went to Huntington beach and I wrestled for costa mesa one of our cross town rivals.

16. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Not just the wrestling. In the late 90s I started learning mma. The gym I went to had a great Muy Thai coach Colin Oyama. Colin was one of the fellas. Just a no bs trainer that always pushed you to your limits. The gym was a mix of regular folks(like me) trying to get in shape, soccer moms and pro mma fighters like Ortiz, Rampage. Colin was always a nice guy and smart too(an actual lawyer) but he wouldnt let you slack and would treat everyone the same wether you were famous or not. He actually ended up kicking Tito Ortiz out of his gym because he got took big headed and started skipping training. I think thats why I love boxing and mma because I was around those gyms for years and saw what these guys go through to be at that level. Even for me having a coach like Colin pushing me was hard.

17. TIP

TIP Member

The mohawk guy was Chuck Liddel who tko'd Ortiz twice in the past. He was 48 and clearly out of fighting shape. Liddelin his prime would move around the ring trying to set up ko's which he was pretty good at. He was using mediocre boxing and was a champ with several defenses, never could get by Rampage though. TIP