Random Boxing Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by sanchito, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Really? If anything most hardcore boxing fans will tell you Paulie brought insight into the showtime team. He was a bit brash and maybe wasnt as polished as other commentators in the past(like Merchant, Gray, Lampley, Steve Albert) but for a former punching bag of boxer that didnt have a background in journalism he was very good.

2. Carlos

Carlos ---

Paulie seemed like a microphone stand more than anything else.

Michael Matos likes this.
  3. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

As said this before but I've met him at a few fights when I covered them and he went with top of the line girls in looks. .He also always dressed what used to be called spiffy. He would have discussions back and forth with folks when he came to see a fight as a spectator.. As a fighter he had zero power and I don't usually enjoy watching fighters like that.

mex fighter likes this.
  4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Ivan Calderon just wept.

5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

40 year old Alexander Povetkin knocked out Dillian Whyte with one punch in the fifth round of their heavyweight elimination bout. Povetkin who had arguably lost every round and was knocked down twice in the fourth connected with an uppercut 30 seconds into the fifth knocking Whyte out cold.

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Thing of beauty. Uppercut from hell.

Michael Matos likes this.
  7. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

At the weigh- in for tomorrow's Herring vs Oquendo Top Rank card on ESPN+, Top Rank's project coordinator Pete Susens collapsed and was unresponsive. Undercard fighter DeAndre Ware performed CPR until paramedics arrived. Susens is recovering in the hospital.

Greenstone likes this.
  8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Good for Ware!

9. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Canelo is suing DAZN, Golden Boy and Oscar De La Hoya for breach of contract. Suit was filed in California. Canelo alleges among other things DAZN and GBP don't have the money guaranteed to him when he signed with them in 2018.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

another covid victim.....boxing.

11. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Canelo alleges that he wanted to fight Billy Joe Saunders or Callum Smith, DAZN said okay but we can't pay you the contract price because we don't consider them Premiere attractions to justify the contract price. Canelo asked them for a list of Premiere attractions and DAZN offered 47 year old Oscar and MMA fighter Khabib in a Mayweather-McGregor type setup.

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

yeah, dazzin is about to go belly up.

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

They offered Canelo fight but with a pay cut down 35%. Canelo said he would fight for 50%.

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

but then, canelo wants to fight some arab chump who was knocked out in his last fight for the title that Benavidez vacated.

fuck that shit. too much cherry picking from freckles.

15. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

You want to hate Canelo thats fine I dont give a shit its not like Canelo buys my groceries or pays my rent. But lets be honest them Charlo Brothers have been doing a lot more ducking than Canelo and never see you haters post anything about that. You only post half truths. Like how Matos conviniently left out the part about Canelo being offered a fight for 35% of his actual purse. No fighter would fight under those terms. And as far as Canelo Cherry picking its a moot point after Canelo fought Jacobs and GGG twice Its obvious hes not scared to fight anyone.

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

cry me a river.

canelo is the "face of boxing" according to the Mexican....so he should act like it.

what a faggy post.....wah wah wah, what about the other guys? wah wah wah

17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

freckles is such an ingrate....oscar made him who he is today, setting his path to stardom through mismatches, clauses, fixed judges, and cherrypicking and now he's suing him?

if it wasn't for oscar, freckles career would have been mediocre at best.

18. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I know you hate the UFC but imagine if the same business model was applied to boxing? How many badass fights have boxing fans missed out on due to promoters and networks not being able to negotiate? Thats probably the biggest gripe I hear from boxing fans. Ofcourse the fighters dont want a Dana White in boxing that would force the best to fight the best. Fighters couldnt pad their records fighting tomato cans and records would no longer be as important as seeing great wars. But yeah i know fuck the ufc just a bunch of fags rolling around on the mat what do they know right???

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

20. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Yeah Oscar is such a nice guy, just unselfeshly tried to help Canelo's career. Never mind that Oscar made millions in the process off Canelo's hard work. What prick Canelo is. Cause we all know promoters never rip off fighters. Don King was never a crook that ripped off Mike Tyson. He was just misunderstood.