Random Boxing Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by sanchito, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Manny pacquio

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Pac fought in several countries but successfully defended his title in 4.

Also, he fought in countries like macao and lumpur against americans, not against a home country rival. That makes a big difference.

3. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Ali. Won a title in Zaire. Defended title in Phillipines, Malaysia, Canada, Germany and UK and give him half a point for a title defense in Puerto Rico.

Only other champion I can think of is Eusebio Pedroza.

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

ali defended those titles but didn't fight home country fighters.

I think Eusebio does meet that criteria, though.

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Macao and Lumpur are not countries lol. But I get your point.

I'm looking at boxrec and I counted 5.

USA
    China
    Thailand (twice)
    Malaysia
    Japan
    (6 if you count Australia as an added bonus cause you and I know he beat Jeff Horn)

And Finito defending titles 5x in 5 countries is only because he fought in a midget weight class where most of his opponents fought in Asia. But the fact that Manny is an 8 division champ trumps anything finito ever did.

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

who cares about the last part you posted. i'm talking about defending and winning in your opponent's home country.

btw, manny pac started down there, too.

7. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

DAZN gone bankrupt. Looking for a buyer or at least someone to purchase an equity stake. Looks like those fighters who signed those multi year-multi million dollar deals might be a little light in the pocket. They might even have to fight for a living now.

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

How does that work? I think canelo signed a 300 million dollar contract. Do they get installment payments every year or the full 300 up front? I would think it's not his problem his network is having financial problems.